“Better than other world of color restaurants”

Carthay Circle Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've been to all of the restaurants that offer the World of Color package and I have to say Carthay Circle is definitely a better option.
Tips
=====
- You have to get an entree with either a dessert or an appetizer for WOC. The appetizer portions are pretty good so I suggest that one person orders the appetizer and the other person orders the dessert and then you share.
- Make sure to go there at least 3 hours before the WOC show.
- If you have a picky eater who doesn't like any of the items on the menu, you can ask them to modify them. We asked for just plain grilled chicken for our son and it tasted amazing.
- If you add up everything, I actually don't think this restaurant is that much more expensive than the Wine County Trattoria WOC package.
- Even with your "reserved" ticket, you still have to get there much earlier. We got there 40 minutes before the show and still had a hard time finding a good spot.

Pros
=====
- Good food
- Relaxing
- Reserved tickets for World of Color

Cons
=====
- Service not consistent. Some of the servers seemed to have an attitude and can be rude. Very different from our experience at Napa Rose.
- The first table they gave us was very strange. Instead of facing each other, we all faced a very loud serving station. That took away the whole ambiance because it was like sitting there to watch a show of servers rushing and throwing silverware, etc. I noticed that there were so many other tables available so I asked for a new one. The hostess reluctantly agreed to change our table but didn't tell our server. When the server came, I had to explain to her and she was kind of rude about it. Luckily our next table was in a different area and so much better and the server was very nice.

3  Thank mona100

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you're in the mood for Fine Dining while at Disney's California Adventure park, look no further. Is it pricey? - Yes. Is it worth it? - It depends. I would say "yes".

One could argue that after paying an entrance fee you may not want to pay a premium price for dinner. However, it all comes down to what you want out of your Disney theme park experience. After a day braving the crowds, dinner at Carthay Circle was a welcome respite from the noise and bustle of the park. That said, you will spend a bit of time here because they do not rush you through your meal. If you are in a hurry to get back to the park, you may wish to choose a speedier dinner option. I wanted to relax and enjoy the experience, and I certainly did!

Visually, the restaurant is simply stunning. It felt as if I'd taken a step back in time to the 1930's, with art deco influences all around. The lighting and decor was exquisite. Photos on the wall are of old Hollywood, featuring an impossibly young Walt Disney before Disneyland was built.

This is the best food I've had at a Disney resort. The service was friendly and exceptional. Everyone was very genuine (as opposed to some of the less-than-honest "Disney smiles" we encountered elsewhere in the park). The wine list was extensive (and expensive). My rib-eye was prepared just as I ordered it, and was full of flavor. The presentation of the meals was wonderful, as well.

Dinner for two (sharing a bottle of wine), with appetizers and a dessert, was about $200 before the tip. I left feeling relaxed and ready to face the crowds downstairs in the park.

1  Thank LongBeachTripper
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband, young daughter, and I had dinner here one evening in January. The cocktails are amazing, and my husband spent some time relaxing in the lounge after dinner. Our server was very friendly and the food was quite good. We also were able to step out onto the balcony to watch one of the Pixar parades that passes just under them. It is pricey, but not above what I was expecting in Disneyland. Honestly, the drinks are *less* expensive than I had anticipated.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked for dining at Carthay Circle before World of Colour. We booked for 6.30 thinking 1.5hrs for dinner would be plenty. Well after 1 hour our bread arrived and they hadn't asked us for our wine selection. The meals, when they eventually arrived were quite nice (but pricey even for Disneyland) and I wouldn't have minded paying the price for a good meal had we had the time to enjoy it. In order to get World of Colour tickets you are required to have 2 courses but our desserts arrived at the time we had to leave so we scoffed in a couple of mouthfuls and left very unhappy customers. If you are going to dine here allow extra time in your booking for their slow service - if you had nowhere to be and weren't hungry then it might be a nice way to relax over a nice meal.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

There are many reviews with excellent advice, but I needed to let everyone know that this is THE best place to eat in Disneyland and Californialand (yeah, I know. get a sense of humor if you must call it by the "real" name.

If you are concerned about price, you really shouldn't be in Disneyland at all. The food was excellent and the wine-by-the-glass list was superb.

Unfortunately, they have an idiot chef who thinks odd numbers of pupus are aesthetically pleasing to view. Do not order the gorditas (3 each and 1" round just didn't make it in my book). They were a very disappointing representation of the menu and should be removed. On the other hand, the duck wings were excellent even if they did hide my girlfriend's favorite wing parts under the pile.

This is one of the 2 dining options if you want to be in the reserved viewing area for "The World of Color".