“Love it. Great break from Disney-ness inside the park.”

Carthay Circle Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 865 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Love it. Great break from Disney-ness inside the park.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Great food, good staff. Maybe they still need to fine tune the operations, but we will go back frequently.

Surprise, Arizona
“Very enjoyable lunch, must have worked out the kinks”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We called the day before to the Disney Dine line, hoping to reserve Ariel's Grotto. We were disappointed when they said there wasn't anything available. While on hold we heard their promotion for Carthay Circle. So I asked about reservations there and was very glad I did. So we went @ 1:30 for lunch.

We arrived right on time and waited maybe 10 minutes. We were seated upstairs and had an oversized corner booth, which accommodated 5 of us very well.

My youngest son and I each ordered the short rib ravioli which was delish! My older son (17) enjoyed his meal of the veal loin. My sister ordered the seared Ono, and also was well received. Niece originally ordered the noodles & marina sauce, and she & my sister thought is was not good. Kids salad was great (Caesar Salad) and the seasonal pumpkin squash soup was great as well. Kids desert of "ice cream sandwich with chocolate dipping sauce" was the only thing ordered for desert and not well received either. The soda refills were included and I ordered a wild berry lemonade which was refreshing.

Great environment, brother is season pass holder, and hadn't yet been there, but they enjoyed the atmosphere for drinks, as he was too late to our reserved time to join us for lunch. While there wasn't generous portions, the presentation and quality made the price justified. I disagree that this is not a place for kids, as ours were satisfied and enjoyed their lunches.

Piedmont, California
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

First of all, I am a true Disney fan and had high hopes for this new restaurant. I made reservations for a special 31st wedding anniversary dinner six weeks in advance. We showed up a little early and were asked to wait on the first floor, where cocktails are served. Yes, cocktails in a Disney park! My husband ordered a martini, a specialty of the house. We had to laugh... The cocktail arrived in a martini glass that was thickened at the bottom (thus decreasing the amount of alcohol) and it had a golfball sized ice cube. I am not exaggerating! So we paid an awful lot for about 1/2 oz of cocktail. We must have waited 30 minutes after our reservation time for our table.

We were ushered upstairs to the restaurant. The decor is absolutely beautiful with a tremendous amount of detail. The young lady took us onto the balcony to a small table. We were the only guests that would have been seated outside and it was very cold (unusual for Anaheim in October) and there were no heaters. Besides, the music from the street was loud and would have prevented conversation. We asked to have another table and after a little wait, we were seated right at the entrance. This is not a good location, because it's very busy with people arriving and waiters passing the table constantly. The menu was good. My husband had lamb and I had fish. The portions were generous. We enjoyed a glass of wine each with dinner and shared a dessert. Our waiter was sweet, but inexperienced and a bit awkward.

I felt that for a $150 meal, Disney should have employed more experienced and sophisticated waiters. And sadly, we didn't get any special treatment for our special anniversary meal. We were offered two inferior tables and were not even wished a "Happy Anniversary!" Maybe our visit was unusual, but we left sadly disappointed.

If you order an entree and appetizer or dessert, you are promised "preferred seating" for the World of Color" water show. We arrived at the show, were ushered to an area at the back of viewing area and found we could barely see the show. So, get your fast pass for the show and skip the "preferred seating"

3 Thank TakeMeAlong
Greeley, Colorado
“A fabulous birthday”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been looking forward to dinner at Carthay Circle, and finally got to experience it in October. My daughter treated me to birthday dinner. We made reservations 60 days in advance, as is suggested. Those who are unhappy with times--ask yourself if you called plenty of time in advance. It's pretty much a must for the full service restaurants at Disneyland. We started out with two appetizers: The firecracker duck wings and crispy gorditas. Both interesting--great textures and flavors, but not so strange that my 17-year-old couldn't enjoy them. :) Our main dishes were the rib eye and the udon noodle bowl. The menu is seasonal here, which I love. My rib eye was cooked as requested, and my daughter loved her noodle bowl. (She especially loved the mussels.) My only complaint (but not enough to lose a star) was the food was not piping hot, though we sat right by the kitchen. I'm picky about food temperature. For dessert, the monte cristo banana split was amazing!! To top it off, Alex was a great server...polite, funny and very accommmodating. We would definitely return!

1 Thank Peach13
California
“Anniversary meal at California Adventure”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

First we were celebrating our wedding anniversary at Disney's Californa Adventure. I tried to make a reservation for dinner but there were not any available, therefore, I settled for a late reservation at 2:30 pm. When we arrived at 2:30 pm we had to wait about 30 minutes until we were seated. I ordered a pimm's punch drink. For my late lunch I ordered the Korean pork sandwich. It came with a side of fries. My meal was very tasty. My husband ordered the Kobe beef sliders. We also ordered a side of their biscuits, since other reviews said they were good! Plenty of Food, no room for dessert.

Visited October 2012