“Terrible Food * Nice Ambience”
Review of Bistro Bleu - CLOSED

Bistro Bleu
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience French/California cuisine in a casual environment. Bistro Bleu is committed to absolute excellence in fresh food & quality service.
Orange, California
“Terrible Food * Nice Ambience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The ambiance in the place is really comfortable pleasant and easy to enjoy. After reading all the reviews raving about the food I took a friend there for lunch. We're not sure what the fuss is all about! I had french onion soup and a Cesare salad and my friend had the burger with fruit on the side. The burger had grissel in every other bite and with the rough ground on the meat it fell apart all over the plate. The fruit bowl tasted good but was visually unappealing, The soup and salad was just ok.
We won't come back.

• Visited January 2013

Euless, Texas
“Affordable French Cuisine”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Bistro Bleu a hidden gem. When it catches on, which it undoubtedly will, it's going to be huge. I had a great dinner here with my family and I never had a single complaint. The service was impeccable, everyone was so friendly, and they made us feel right at home. It is owned by a husband and wife (the husband is the chef) and they're just about the nicest people you could hope to meet. And boy, do they know how to give you a great dining experience.

When you walk in, you're transported to a cafe in France. The decor is very elegant and blue (it definitely lives up to its name). I love the way it's decorated and learning that the tablecloths were made from photos the couple took in France made it even more charming. The lighting is dim and romantic. Very classy place for an intimate date night.

They start you off with pretzels and a delicious honey mustard dipping sauce instead of the usual boring bread and butter. For an appetizer I ordered the french onion soup, which was much less salty than usual (which is a VERY good thing) and my parents ordered the spinach salad, which they really liked.

For my entree I got the Steak Frites - grilled marinated hanger steak with herbed butter, fries, and a small salad. I ordered it medium rare and it was cooked to perfection, one of the best medium rares I've ever had. It was juicy and had a really good sauce drizzled on top. The herbed butter and vegetables it came with (cooked onions, zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant) pushed it over the top - it was melt-in-your-mouth amazing. I would most definitely order this again. No one in my party ordered the burger, but we saw it arrive at someone else's table and it looked fantastic. It was huge and droolworthy..I'll be coming back to try it for sure.

For dessert we ordered the creme brulee and it was brought out to us while still on fire. Fun! It was a really great way to end the meal because it wasn't over-the-top sweet and it came with a cup of fruit that included plums, honeydew, strawberries, and cantaloupe.

I really can't say enough great things about this restaurant. There wasn't a single flaw in the execution. Fingers crossed they can stay afloat in the shady stripmall where they're located. Go try it and spread the word! You won't be disappointed.

P.S. No vegetarian items listed on the menu, but they will make them on request and they always keep tofu in their kitchen. And they also have a kids menu with your choice of grilled cheese or a hamburger.

Visited April 2012
Salem, New Hampshire
“Ho-hum food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Really disappointed, to be honest. We ate there tonight, the place was not busy and I can see why. A good French restaurant should serve good French bread. Bread wasn't offered, we asked for some and they heated up some ordinary bread. Hubby and I shared a salad with a goat cheese crostini - again, mediocre. I ordered the hangar steak and "frites" but requested mashed potatoes as a substitute when told the "frites" were a frozen product. Hubby had steak "au poivre" that was lacking in the au poivre. My steak was cooked perfectly, the sauce was decent but my mashed potatoes were cold. Incredible considering the plate itself was "out of the oven" hot.

We were in Paris this past May. This food in no way resembled anything we ate while we were there. I had such high expectations.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent food in an unlikely place”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food at Bistro Bleu is some of the finest food I have ever tasted. The lobster bisque is amazing and all of their seafood dishes are excellent. My husband truly enjoys their steak.
This is our new "go to" restaurant.
The owners are also wonderful and the service is exceptional.

• Visited July 2012
Anaheim, California
“Bistro Bleu-The Best”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

New restaurant in town, only open for one month and it is WONDERFUL. The service was great and the food was amazing.
There were three of us, we all ordered something different and we all thought ours was the best.
They have a lunch special for $15 that includes soup (lobster bisque) or salad, main course (I had the beef burgandy) and chocolate mouse or creme brulee for desert. I can't wait to go back.
The owner introduced herself and her husband is the chef.
Great for family, friends or romantic dinner for two. Love that it is right around the corner,

• Visited May 2012