“Good & Bad News”

Ranked #110 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
South Devon, United Kingdom
“Good & Bad News”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The good news is that this hotel is very close to Disneyland, in fact it backs on to the car park so you can just walk round and jump on the free Disneyland tram.

The bad news is that the pool was non-existant despite being advertised as having one, with a hot tub. Breakfast was merely a coffee machine, orange juice and a small basket on mini muffins. I personally wouldn't class a bite size muffin as breakfast. Some cereals or toast would have been nice.

Despite the house keeping staff being lovely and more friendly than the receptionists, it was disappointing to find that some of our towels were dirty. The picture dulls it but there were dark marks on them that looked like mascara smudges?!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elizayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madera, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with any hotel or motel! We checked in late and upon arrival we were greeted coldly by a front desk manager. ( who didn't even give his name.) The hotel screwed up my reservation and had me staying through the week. (I booked a one night stay. and I'm assuming whomever handles internet reservations mistook a "6" for a "9"?)
He gave a bit of an attitude in regards to that. But, when I stated that wasn't what I booked and showed him my reservation information I had, He changed it and I resigned the usual form and checked in.
The Property smelled of OLD ROTTING TRASH; almost as if the dumpster hadn't been thrown in a month or more. It was strong and foul. Our room was on the first level and upon walking in we need notice it was "clean." but, it smelled of moth balls, mold and had an incredibly stale air quality. My husband sprayed some cologne in the air and we went to bed. Which was as hard as a rock. Comparable to a spring mattress box, it was stiff, uncomfortable and very difficult to sleep on. I also woke up with small bites on my arms and legs. And, as if an uncomfortable bed wasn't bad enough we were kept awake most of the night to yelling, slamming doors and TONS of foot traffic outside our room. ( mind you we did not check in till 11 pm.) NOT ONCE did management step out to assess the situation. The loud noise carried on through the night and we got very little sleep.
We checked out first thing Sunday morning and didn't look back.
Fast-forward to Monday April 7th; I notice a charge on my bank card for an additional amount, ON TOP of the room charge for the initial stay. After attempting to call the motel themselves to question the error and riding on the merry go round they call a phone system, I had to call corporate. We discovered via their ability to go into the cracks; because, SURPRISE SURPRISE they too were unable to speak to anyone!, that I was being charged a Pre-authorized amount... Seeing As I was already CHECKED OUT i was bewildered as to how that was possible! Corporate had done all they could do and I filed a formal complaint and proceeded to attempt and call the motel again,. This time I got through. The gentleman i spoke with was RUDE, spoke over me continually and argued with the facts corporate themselves had just given me. He become almost irate when I informed him I had already spoken with corporate and they, themselves would be sending over their findings and the complaint I filed. He then said "Have your bank call me then!" and I replied " should this charge not go away, trust me, I will be contacting you again."
All in all, this small franchised hotel is a nightmare I wish I could soon get away from. I wouldn't recommend it to even to even my worst enemy. Stay FAR FAR AWAY!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Katrina A

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Penrith, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The manager could not have been more helpful. We arrived 1 day early & because of a food convention nearly every hotel was booked out. He rang numerous hotels & finally found two rooms for us. Well done! Rooms are basic but we are only there to sleep & shower in between visits to Disney & other attractions

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank loraine123_13
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pros- close to Disneyland, ART transportation across street, friendly managers, decent continental breakfast---coffee, tea, orange juice, muffins, big bathroom (3rd floor room)

Cons- old, raggedy towels, 3rd floor-spotty internet, old, dark, dingy hallway (felt unsafe), no elevator, holes in dirty room walls, old, crumbling n dingy shelving, shower floor felt slippery n moldy, old tv, dingy carpet, graffiti on closet glass door.

Room Tip: First floor would probably be best.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Ryan S
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have never had such a bad experience with a hotel. I reserved 2 rooms and they overbooked the hotel so that there was one room left on the day I was to arrive. They conveniently called to tell me hours before check-in that there was only one room for me. The person I talked to proceeded to make it seem like my fault because my reservation for 2 rooms was "confusing." Although they found another room for me at another hotel (therefore splitting my family on our family vacation) they still charged me for the 2 rooms that I booked at the Rodeway Inn. The man I dealt with asked me, "What is the problem now?" when I called about getting a refund for the room that I did not stay in, as if I was some demanding customer who could not be pleased. The room was disgusting, smelled of smoke, had stains on the towels and carpets, and the shampoo and conditioner provided were half empty. After the whole ordeal, I didn't even get an apology. Please, for your own sanity, safety, and cleanliness, go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel for a better room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kira M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The manager gave us a free upgrade so that my friend and I had separate double beds, the location was good if you were wanting to be close to a bus stop or disneyland and the room was perfect for the standard traveller- clean beds, sheets and towels changed everyday. The only down side was that we could hear all the noise from people and cars passing by our room (we were on the ground floor) but it wasn't bad enough to stop me from recommending the place to others- definitely a great place to stay in anaheim overall! Would go back again.

• Stayed August 2013