“No Complaints Here!!”

Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I stayed at the Cortona Inn with my family from the United Kingdom (Wife, 6 yr old Son, & father in law) for 6 nights, we left and went to vegas for 3 nights, then returned to Cortona Inn for another 4 before leaving the USA.
We booked a deluxe double queen room, and found the room comfortable, and included TV, Fridge, Coffee maker with a daily supply of coffee and cups, Iron and board, hairdryer, and a safe.

The staff were very friendly especially the girls at reception, who were great, and very helpful, and ok to have a joke with.
The pool was small, but always had clean towels available for the guests, and if there were none there, you only had to walk a few yards to the reception where they supplied you with some.

The breakfast was plentiful as described in another review, but did get a little boring. By continental breakfast, i think people were expecting some cold meats & ham, and maybe some cheese, which would have been nice. Everything else was sweet at the breakfast bar except for the hard boiled eggs. Suggestion to the management: include Ham & Cheese, then i think your breakfast complaints will be over. Other than that, the choice for breakfast was plentiful. Just sweet!
Oh and sometimes the breakfast room was too busy to find a seat so be prepared to take a tray and eat in your room.

We walked to Disney in 15 minutes, and there are a number of restaurants close by, so location is very good.

The only bad thing i can say is that the Computer in the lobby area is very expensive ($30 per hour) ($1 per minute in Las Vegas), but if you have your own laptop, FREE wireless connection is available at reception.

We enjoyed our stay at the Cortona Inn, and would definitely go back there again. Thank you staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank NickTheDJ
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2008

Thank you for your very fair and informative review of our hotel. Comments such as your are refreshing in the sense that they represent a helpful opinon of ones experience.

As for our Continental Breakfast, we try to strike a balance for all of our guests. Where one would like to have bagles, another would like to have crosissants or scones. We are adding more items soon that should be pleasing to everyone. But I must emphasize that it is a complimentary "Contiental Breakfast" which, according to definition, does not usually consist of meats or cheese. That would be more of an "English" breakfast, as my Google search revealed.

Our 24 hour Business Center does have a per minute fee of 49 cents. However airline boarding passes can be accessed and printed at no cost.

Thank you again for proving input that is informative and helpful.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed July 15, 2008

With a large family, we were looking to take a budget minded Disneyland vacation. Booked the Cortona and were happy with everything but the continental breakfast (looking for a place that included it to save some money as there were 5 of us). The breakfast consisted of sugar covered doughnuts and danishes, cold boiled eggs, cereals (no- name) ,toast, coffee, and beverages. If you are diabetic, do not go here.

I find it ironic that the hotel tries to promote recycling yet serves everything in styrofoam. My family refused to eat there after the second attempt......

As previously mentioned, the rooms were good, the pool was clean and the staff were hard-working.....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2008

OK, so I was reading along and liking what the guest was saying and then I got to the part about our breakfast. So, being an avid Food Network viewer, I turned to them for the definition of Continental Breakfast. Here it is:

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST

Definition: A light breakfast that usually consists of a breadstuff (such as toast, croissants, pastries, etc.) and coffee, tea or other liquid. The continental breakfast is the antithesis of the hearty english breakfast.

What we offer consists of the following:

- Choice of 3 cold cereals (Kellogs, for those that are brand concious)
- Oatmeal
- Assorted Danish
- Donuts
- Toast (White and Wheat bread)
- Waffles
- Hard Boiled Eggs (Health Department requires they be refrigerated...can be heated gently in microwave oven)
- Fresh Fruit (Apples, Oranges)
- Milk (2% low fat)
- Coffee - Decaf and regular
- Two Fruit Juices (Orange and Apple)
- Tea

Compared to the definition of Continental Breakfast, we do exceed the basics and still plan to add more. We are in the process of adding more hot items as well as freshly made waffles. Usually, a Continental Breakfast is a "grab and go" thing...a quick bite in morning to get you started.

Not sure about the diabetes issue, but I did find what a diabetic can have for breakfast:

1 slice of whole wheat bread which you toast to your own particular liking. Then on to this spread 1 teaspoon of margarine. Then on to the toast you can either place 1/4 cup of egg substitute or cottage cheese. However if you want something a little more warm and substantial in the morning replace the cottage cheese/egg substitute with 1/2 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup of skimmed milk. Plus you are also allowed 1/2 of a small banana.

For most guests, our Continental Breakfast offers not only great value, but also a great selection of most breakfast favorites.

Thanks for your review and I am glad that despite the fact the our breakfast did not meet with your approval, the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed July 6, 2008

I cannot Beleive how many awful reviews this hotel has! We stayed at the cortona With two small childeren for 4 nights, and had a wonderful time!
The people at the front desk were very helpful, and freindly. We were pleased with the size of the room (we had the kids suite with bunkbeds). Every day we returned to our room to have it completely cleaned, even our kids blankets we had brought from home neatly folded! What a luxury for a busy family on vacation! The breakfast was nice, there was always a Disney movie going to keep the kids happy.The pool was nice. We had no problem with parking.
Overall we had an exeptional experience at Cortona Inn and Suites!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2008

Thank you for your honest and most sincere review of our hotel. I am happy to mention that as an independent hotel in Anaheim we are equally concerned about our guests comfort and satisfaction as a flagged hotel. Your experience is another example of how our efforts in outstanding service make the trip just that much more pleasant. Thanks again and hurry back soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2008

We booked this hotel thorugh a travel place with out seeing any pictures or reading any reviews. After the hotel was booked I started to read the reviews and they were not good. We stayed in the hotel for 5 days. The rooms were clean and nice. The breakfast was ok nothing to rave about, we only ate the breakfast once. But other than that we had a good time. I don't think we would stay there again but it was a fine place to sleep.

Stayed: June 2008
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2008

Thanks for your honest opinon about our hotel and your stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2008

When I read the reviews from this site I have to admit I was worried about going to stay at the Cortona Inn. I was traveling with a large group, and was staying in the same room with my sister and her husband, two kids, and my daughter. We stayed in one of the kids suites. First off the place was clean. We had a room on the top floor. When we arrived at the hotel, we couldn't check in because we were too early, but, the hotel crew were very nice and allowed us to store our luggage in a room that was locked. I was worried, but I worried for nothing. We left for Disneyland, and ended up coming back to the hotel later that night. Everything was as we left it, safe. We then checked into the room, and from first sight the room was clean, and didn't smell like some rooms at other hotels that I have stayed at. The kids suite has a bed in the first room, with tv, microwave, and fridge, then the back room has a bunk bed, and a sleeper sofa, I was worried about the sofa because earlier experience on those I had sleepless nights. Again I worried for nothing. The sleeper sofa was a little worn and sagged in the middle, but I like beds that are soft, so I slept great. Every time I went to the front desk to ask for anything from towels, to more blankets, to more pillows, the crew there were SO NICE!! I will be sure to book a room there the next time I go to Disneyland. The only bad was that the hotel is 1.6 miles from Disneyland, and they don't have a shuttle service, so you have to go to the hotel next door and deal with the very rude service at that hotel to purchase a ticket for the shuttle. If you don't you end up walking to and from the park, and honestly on the way home after walking all day, you want the shuttle, rude service at the other hotel or not. On our last day, the airport shuttle didn't pick us up until later, and we had to be checked out of our room by 11am, so the crew allowed us to store our luggage in the locked room, and let us swim until the shuttle picked us up. That way we didn't have to try to figure out how to entertain our kids for a couple of hours, we just let them go swimming. The pool was a little cold, but that isn't something to complain about when the weather was in the 90's. So needless to say Cortona Inn you have my thumbs up!! You are a great hotel, and I will definately be back!!! Your crew is awesome, and the girl that normally does the free breakfast every morning, is a sweetheart! (The girl that does the breakfast on thurs and friday needs some more training because she isn't as nice and she ran out of food, as well and the toasters broke down and she did nothing about it and wouldn't turn the air conditioner on in the room so while we ate it was HOT). (p.s. the breakfast was great, everything you could expect at home and more! And you don't have to clean up the mess and get to watch a Disney movie while you eat!)

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that the young lady in our breakfast room was recognized for her outgoing and friendly demeanor. With a renewed emphasis on customer service in all departments, I know our guests arriving in the future will appreciate this effort. Thanks again and pleased to know that your visit to the Anaheim Resort was fun and comfortable.

Reviewed May 30, 2008

I've always used this site heavily and while it is good to know what other customers have experienced, I generally do not take any review to be a completely accurate representation. I made the assumption that the poor reviews were only one person's opinion.

We arrived to the hotel at 4pm, having booked it over a month in advance, only to find that the hotel had overbooked and were moving people randomly to Clarion and Comfort Inn (both lower quality hotels). We were told that we would be moved for 1 night and would return to Cortona Inn the next morning. When we asked for the manager or front desk supervisor, we found that they had cowardly gone home early and left their front desk receptionists on their own to tell the many people of the situation. Rather than being apologetic, the front desk receptionists were defensive and combative, starting out rude and only getting worse as we tried to discuss the situation.

The hotel called a taxi for us and told us we could call the same company when we were to return the next morning. They told us we would be reimbursed for the taxi. When we checked out at the end of our stay and asked to be reimbursed, they would not reimburse us in full. We asked to talk to the manager, but the receptionist went to the back, came out, and told us that he was busy. Disgusted and tired of the situation, we left without getting the remainder of our taxi fare back.

Through all this trouble, the hotel never offered to give us a night stay or some sort of discount for our troubles. Rather than getting settled and starting our vacation at 4PM, we were stuck in a motel for 1 night and lost half our morning the next day trying to get checked in at Cortona.

All that said, rooms are decent and we found them to be clean and comfortable. At least their maid service can do things right...

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JR2008SanDiego_Ca
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2008

The Cortona Inn & Suites values the opinions of our guests and appreciates the comments regarding their stay. As is true with most reputable hotels, our goal is always to deliver to the customer a satisfactory lodging experience. If we failed in meeting your expectations, please accept our apology and know that we take your comments seriously. At the same time, we always appreciate the opportunity to resolve any guest issue as soon as possible rather than after the fact. Should your plans call for a future hotel stay and you experience any issue, always contact the guest service department as soon as possible to effect a resolve to any issue to reduce any inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed May 21, 2008

I am a travel agent myself, and after pricing out different hotels in Anaheim with suite options, I decided to try this one, as the price was so much less then some others. After booking, I came onto Tripadvisor, and was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. Upon arrival, I was pleasently surprised! The hotel sets back off the main road, so it is fairly quiet, in a pretty, spanish tile roof ,typical setting. The pool is a good size in the middle of the courtyard, and was never too crowded, with plenty of lawn chairs. We had a room on the third floor, but there were elevators, so it was not that bad. We stayed in a kids suite, which had the main bed in the front area with the mini fridge/microwave, desk and tv. The bathroom was in between this room and the kids room, with bunk beds,tv, and a fold out couch. Everything was clean, service was good, and trustworthy, and everyone at the front desk was very helpful. It is a few long blocks to Disneyland, so we drove, but the hotel right next door does have the bus pick up htat we coud have used. The continental breakfast every morning was good, and if they ran out of things, you could just ask and they brought more. It saved us a lot of money! This hotel was definatly great value for your dollar, and better then what you would think. My advice is th call ahead a few days before, to make sure you have the room you requested, as the hotel had me in a mini suite, after I had paid for a kids suite. There can be confusion in the booking process between agents, vendors, and the hotels, so it is always good to double check.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank yourtravelgirl

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Please know that all comments are appreciated and shared with each department. If we are praised for our service we want our staff to know that their efforts were successful. Comments that may not be as favorable are handled with equal amounts of enthusiasm to reinforce in each of our staff that anything less than outstanding customer service is unacceptable. Thank you again and we hope to see you at the Cortona Inn & Suites in the near future.