“Ideal location and helpful staff”

Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #39 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The outside is a bit of a mess with construction going on but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the room. I was attending a conference at the Convention center and it was perfect location. It was also walking (long walk) distance to the Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. For the price I was pleased, breakfast was decent and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Brought my robotics team.. 20 kids with 5 rooms.. plenty of opportunities for Cortona Inn to dissappoint but they did NOT. Everything was great. Clean Rooms, friendly staff, nice B-fast, Free Valet parking because of the construction.

As for the previous review.. in the case of a fire or an earthquake, you're gonna drive your CAR away??? WHAT??!!! Some people just need every opportunity to complain.

This is a great location with super reasonable rates. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: No fitness center.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kinnikinik
Reviewed April 15, 2013

There is major construction going on and we were not advised at booking time. There is no parking. They block your car in the middle of the night without notifying you. I wouldn't want to know what could happen if there was a fire or earthquake and we had to get out quickly. The carpet in the rooms is dirty and disgusting. It is noisy. The "free" breakfast was so nasty that I refused to let my kids eat or touch anything. We paid over $100 for this room. I don't often write reviews but I feel I need to warn others!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ostergin
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Ostergin,
Thank you for offering your review regarding your recent stay at the Cortona Inn. We regret that your stay was not up to your expectations. With respect to the hotel that is being built in front of our hotel, there is an update on our main landing page mentioning this new hotel. Parking issues have been relieved with the return of additional parking being installed along our entrance. In addition, we offer complimentary Valet Parking for all of our guests to assist with the parking demands. As for breakfast, unfortunately its not stated what in specific was not to your liking as we serve the basic Continental Breakfast items such as Danish, donuts, toast, orange juice and coffee, but in addition we also feature hot items such as sausage, eggs, waffles and hard boiled eggs. Also, two fresh fruit choices, coffee, milk, and apple juice are always offered. We try to do our very best, and 99% of the time we succeed. In your case, we failed and for that we offer our apologies and ask that you allow us another opportunity to show you a more satisfactory stay next time.
Thanks again!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is clean, normal continental breakfast. Be sure to ask what room you're in...some rooms are hidden in a dead end hallway with poor ventilation, no air circulation and next to noisy maintenance rooms. If you get one of those few rooms then you won't have a great experience. Also beware that there are about 20 fewer parking stalls than cars so you'll be slightly inconvenienced if you need to get in and out quickly because of all the double parking.

Room Tip: Don't get pinned in one of the corner dead end rooms, they are muggy and feel like you're in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I read ALL the reviews of many of the hotels before I booked this one. Some people even put this hotel down. Apparently it had been under renovation and is no longer BUT, and I DON'T fault the hotel for this but there is another hotel being built right in front of this one. This makes for a difficult parking experience. I stayed there for one night because the other hotel I wanted was full for this night. I had a lot of expensive equipment in the car and the valets were excellent. Ian made sure to take great care watching my car. He was perfect. It can be a downer to go there and see the parking but if you get past that, they have an excellent breakfast with hot food, they have some great rooms with nice bedding, attractively remodeled. Because of the design of the hotel, it's not as quiet as one might like but is that the hotel's fault or because people are having a good time and being loud or kids are screaming. That didn't happen but it can and does. Not the hotel's fault. They were friendly, check-in was easy (we got in at 12:30 a.m.) and it was comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. There was no smell. No big problems. I had the AC on and it wasn't a problem. It was not in a bad location. Water pressure was good. Hot water was good. There were elevators. Even had amenities. I am someone who stays in a lot of hotels. No matter the previous reviews, this was a good place to stay and wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Because of the design of the hotel, getting one in the back or corner would be better to try to avoi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ghostly1
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a business trip for me. Four things that angered for paying such a high price for this hotel when I could have easilt stayed at the Hilton down the street. The parking was PACKED and I had to wait a long time for valet staff to clear the over packed parking lot of one truck. Then a second truck was blocking my way and the staff was too lazy to move it and made me maneuver and inch my way out of the parking lot. They could have easily moved it 10 feet forward. Lazy. The lobby computer was a rip off as it would not work properly for internet connection yet I was charged a lot of money for access. The internet access in the room was HORRIBLE. No access at all yet they market the hotel as if it does. I saw three renters outside on the balcony with their tablets trying to get access. How pathetic is that. I called the office and they passed the buck over to an internet service provider and asked that I call the 888 number. Lazy and dishonest. I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY AT THIS HOTEL AND WISH I COULD HAVE MY MONEY BACK.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you stay in, there is no internet access. I saw three different tenants...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JulioP839
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear JulioP839,
First, let me apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you mention in your review. I cannot emphasize enough though that this is not the level of service that we are know to deliver. Valet Parking is offered as a no cost service to hotel patrons during construction of a new hotel being built in along Harbor Blvd in front of the Cortona Inn and is only temporary during the constriction phase of that hotel. Internet service is being addressed at this moment and is in the process of being enhanced to be able to accommodate the increasing number of devices guests are using to access the internet for voice, data and movies.
Thank you for submitting your review.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in August 2012 as a stopover on our way to Canada. Hotel room was reasonably spacious with separate bunk bed area off the main bedroom. Air-con unit was noisy at night but not sure you can do anything about this unless they were upgraded. We took a sneak peak at the brightly coloured preservative added breakfast and were glad that we didn't include this dining option instead choosing to eat at one of the many reasonably priced local restaurants/cafe's. Walk to Disneyland took about 15 minutes along a very pleasant tree-lined main route. Would stay here again if passing through again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family