“Quality of experience depends on your room”

Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Logan, Utah
“Quality of experience depends on your room”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is clean, normal continental breakfast. Be sure to ask what room you're in...some rooms are hidden in a dead end hallway with poor ventilation, no air circulation and next to noisy maintenance rooms. If you get one of those few rooms then you won't have a great experience. Also beware that there are about 20 fewer parking stalls than cars so you'll be slightly inconvenienced if you need to get in and out quickly because of all the double parking.

Room Tip: Don't get pinned in one of the corner dead end rooms, they are muggy and feel like you're in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
santa clara, california
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I read ALL the reviews of many of the hotels before I booked this one. Some people even put this hotel down. Apparently it had been under renovation and is no longer BUT, and I DON'T fault the hotel for this but there is another hotel being built right in front of this one. This makes for a difficult parking experience. I stayed there for one night because the other hotel I wanted was full for this night. I had a lot of expensive equipment in the car and the valets were excellent. Ian made sure to take great care watching my car. He was perfect. It can be a downer to go there and see the parking but if you get past that, they have an excellent breakfast with hot food, they have some great rooms with nice bedding, attractively remodeled. Because of the design of the hotel, it's not as quiet as one might like but is that the hotel's fault or because people are having a good time and being loud or kids are screaming. That didn't happen but it can and does. Not the hotel's fault. They were friendly, check-in was easy (we got in at 12:30 a.m.) and it was comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. There was no smell. No big problems. I had the AC on and it wasn't a problem. It was not in a bad location. Water pressure was good. Hot water was good. There were elevators. Even had amenities. I am someone who stays in a lot of hotels. No matter the previous reviews, this was a good place to stay and wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Because of the design of the hotel, getting one in the back or corner would be better to try to avoi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ghostly1
SLO
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a business trip for me. Four things that angered for paying such a high price for this hotel when I could have easilt stayed at the Hilton down the street. The parking was PACKED and I had to wait a long time for valet staff to clear the over packed parking lot of one truck. Then a second truck was blocking my way and the staff was too lazy to move it and made me maneuver and inch my way out of the parking lot. They could have easily moved it 10 feet forward. Lazy. The lobby computer was a rip off as it would not work properly for internet connection yet I was charged a lot of money for access. The internet access in the room was HORRIBLE. No access at all yet they market the hotel as if it does. I saw three renters outside on the balcony with their tablets trying to get access. How pathetic is that. I called the office and they passed the buck over to an internet service provider and asked that I call the 888 number. Lazy and dishonest. I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY AT THIS HOTEL AND WISH I COULD HAVE MY MONEY BACK.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you stay in, there is no internet access. I saw three different tenants...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JulioP839
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear JulioP839,
First, let me apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you mention in your review. I cannot emphasize enough though that this is not the level of service that we are know to deliver. Valet Parking is offered as a no cost service to hotel patrons during construction of a new hotel being built in along Harbor Blvd in front of the Cortona Inn and is only temporary during the constriction phase of that hotel. Internet service is being addressed at this moment and is in the process of being enhanced to be able to accommodate the increasing number of devices guests are using to access the internet for voice, data and movies.
Thank you for submitting your review.
Palmerston North
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in August 2012 as a stopover on our way to Canada. Hotel room was reasonably spacious with separate bunk bed area off the main bedroom. Air-con unit was noisy at night but not sure you can do anything about this unless they were upgraded. We took a sneak peak at the brightly coloured preservative added breakfast and were glad that we didn't include this dining option instead choosing to eat at one of the many reasonably priced local restaurants/cafe's. Walk to Disneyland took about 15 minutes along a very pleasant tree-lined main route. Would stay here again if passing through again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AJ951
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this property because I loved the idea of bunkbeds. Upon arriving, the room smelled very strongly of urine and mold. We asked to be moved and the front desk gave us the key to another room which had the same odor. They explained that the rooms just smell like that when the AC has been off and it would dissipate. The AC made no difference. Also, we found a sweatshirt from a previous guest on the floor. When we took it to the front desk, they gave it back to us explained that they were not responsible for lost items. I don't think they understood that we were concerned that the room hadn't been cleaned. Anyhow, our kids were excited about the bunk beds, so we powered through it, but strongly considered checking out due to the smell. I slept with coffee grounds on my nightstand to deaden the odor and ran to Target the next morning to buy air freshener.

The continental breakfast was sufficient and the floorplan was great. These are the only two things that I would say that are positive. The hotel rooms were not as impressive as the photos. It is not within walking distance if you have small children. The beds were hard and the pillows were lumpy. I would not stay here again. I have stayed in much nicer places near Disneyland for the same price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank funone35
California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family of three stayed here a few weeks ago... It was very clean, tucked back away from the main street and conveniently located at the end of the driveway is the bus stop providing transportation to Disneyland. We found that if you cross to the bus stop on the other side of the street it's a straight shot to the park with minimal stops. The park is also a short 15 min walk if you decide to do so, which we did for the Magic Morning at Disneyland. There is no restraunt on site but they do provide (minimal) free breakfast in the morning and there's a coffee stand all day in the lobby. The staff was friendly.. They do have a pool and hot tub. There is a small store in the lobby for those little forgotten items and souveniers. Great for the price!

• Stayed March 2013
Ukiah, California, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked at the Cortona based on a sale price on Expedia.

+: Good price. Exterior is nice and clean. Rooms are back away from the street and traffic noise. Pool is shallow, but heated. Hot tub was great after a long day on our feet.

-: Our room smelled strongly of urine and the windows are bolted closed, so we couldn't get rid of the smell. We were placed 2 doors down from housekeeping, so we were woken at 8:00 am every day by the sound of them talking loudly outside of our door. Rooms were overall not well insulated, so you heard every person walking by, elevator, and ice machine all night long.

Overall would probably pay a little more next time to avoid the noise and the smell.

Room Tip: Request a room AWAY from Housekeeping and the Ice machine!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple