“A great family hotel with Kids Suite”

Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Maitland NSW Australia
“A great family hotel with Kids Suite”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A great family freindly hotel close to Disneyland with great staff and best of all a "kids suite". Not a 5 star hotel but clean, big rooms and close to all transport if you do not feel like the walk to Disneyland (which is about 20 mins and much quicker on the ART bus). We arrived early and were given an early check in. My kids loved that every time we got back each night their stuffed animals were strategically positioned differently each day which made the experience fun for them. The free breakfast was a bonus, very simple but did the job.

Room Tip: Take advantage of a kids suite if travelling with children
1 Thank Leanneandivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were here for only one night but the suite was perfect, we were 4 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby.
The breakfast is not good but it's free and it saved us at least 80 dlls. that we were able to spend at Disney.

Room Tip: It's cheaper to get a suite and split the cost by family than to get a room per family.
1 Thank Anna C
MT
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Cortona was a wonderful place to stay. We were able to do early check in so decided to explore the area since it was supposed to be 1 1/2 blocks from Disneyland. Word of warning - it's not. It's much further than that. That being said, we made use of the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) and was able to get around with ease.

1 Thank dmwmtgal
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Good, basic hotel. Unfortunately couldn't get into our room on arrival, but we were very early having arrived from Brisbane on the early morning flight. Staff were very pleasant though and stored our bags while we went for a walk for a couple of hours. Our room had two queen beds which were clean and comfortable. As mentioned in another review, the pillows are small, but there were 4 on each bed. The same with the towels in the bathroom; small, but 4 of them. Rooms had free Internet which was useful. The deluxe continental breakfast was very good, great to see fresh fruit available. It's about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland and close to restaurants and fast food outlets.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue M
Reviewed September 15, 2012

When I arrived, the hotel parking lot was filled to it's capacity. I had to walk a half a mile to get to the property. The rooms are overpriced and smell like mold. I heard kids stomping all night long after a long flight. If you want a peace of mind please don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We took my daughters to Disneyland for their 3rd and 5th Birthdays and we were not disappointed with this hotel. It was a wonderful value. The rooms were large, which is great for two little kids, the pool as a nice size and the hotel staff was wonderful! We arrived earlier than that 3pm check in time and our room was ready and available for us so they allowed us to check in early. The breakfast was decent and had a little bit of everything. I read up a lot of reviews for months before selecting this hotel, and the few complaints I could find on this hotel from other reviewers I found to be trivial. The ONLY thing that bugged me about the room was the bathroom door was hard for my 3 year old to open and I had to help her each time, and that is nothing. I didn't realize it until we arrived, but the hotel is set back off the busy main road, so it is very quiet. I was concerned about that as I looked at the area map before I booked but it ended up it was wonderful. The passes for the ART bus are inexpensive and the pick up is right outside the driveway to the hotel but if you want to walk it isn't too far either. This place was great and I would absolutely book it again!

Room Tip: Any room is great! We stayed on the first floor and never heard a sound from anyone around us.
2 Thank Jamie H
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived before the 3pm check in time ( we got there around 1pm) and they had our room ready for us so we got to unpack our stuff before heading to Disneyland which was pretty nice. When I got into the room, I realized that there was no pack and play for our baby so I called the front desk and they offered to bring one up at no charge to us, so that was a plus. The trash bins didn't have liners in them which I fund to be a bit odd and either overlooked or dirty in my opinion. The room is small, but it fit our family fo 5 fine for the night we stayed there. The room itself looks very nice, the beds are nicely made, clean and pretty much exactly what you are paying for. They don't offer hand soap (or it wasn't in our room anyway), so thankfully we brought our own. The pillows are small and you can't tell what is what end because they are square. I had to fold mine up to sleep on it. Don;t even think about using their pillows as a body pillow HA! Their towels are also super small, so you will most likely have to ask for more. The tub was where we ran into problems. It didn't close so your children were not able to take baths which is a big deal because we have three under the age of 5. We had to shower with each one. The chairs were stained and the carpets are too dark to tell. The fridge and microwave were very clean and worked great. They looked pretty new. The TV has about 15 channels to choose from and on TV (no gaming, DVD, VHS etc). It was fine for us to stay one night, but I would have had a hard time staying a week there. The customer service was great and everyone was very polite. It's close to Disneyland and we drove to the beach as well. We did not eat the continental breakfast as the kids wanted to eat what we brought, so I dont know about that but from what I read it said it was mediocre. It's worth the $80 we paid, but not worth much more.

Room Tip: The higher the better, the floors are paper thin and you can hear everyone walking around and talkin...