“Worst Hotel Ever Stayed In Dont Waste Your Money” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 414 Anaheim

Hotel 414 Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Fresno, California
“Worst Hotel Ever Stayed In Dont Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

The worst ever dont stay here . Motel 6 would be better. Door to bathroom stick, my son got stuck in there. Toilet over flowed or wouldnt flush most of the time. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and they gave us 4 pillows we asked for more they said they had no more. We found trash under our beds from last guests so GROSS. Shower was only hot for about 15 minutes so only 2 people could take a shower per day. We stayed for a week with small children it was hell. Suppose to be a dream vacation not a hell vacation this hotel ruined our vacation for sure. When I originally called the hotel they said the pool was heated and they serve breakfast. What a joke is that. Pool is ice cold and breakfast? Plasic cup with orange juice or coffee and stale danish. Front desk not helpful at all actually Rude. Parking? We came back from Disneyland at 12am and no parking spots. Not to mention this motel is located in a bad area graffetti on the alley walls that you can see right from your window.How beautiful is that? Learned our lesson next time I will spend more and get more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mwiltjer
ABInn, General Manager at Hotel 414 Anaheim, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear mwlitjer,

I am so sorry your experience at the property was not pleasant. I will definitely make every effort to address the concerns you pointed out. I sincerely appreciate guests' concerns and try very hard to fix any areas in which we need improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Hotel was very well kept up and clean room. Was with my Husband for a Disneyland trip and wanted to stay somewhere close and affordable. Was pleasently surprised at how clean the rooms were and how friendly the staff was. Left my car parked at hotel and shuttle picked us up right outside and took us on a less then 10 minute drive to Disneyland. Even let me park there an extra day after i checked out,since it was not too crowded, to take advantage of my park hopper tickets! I would definatley stay again and refer this hotel to friends! A+++++!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear msrbrown,

I am delighted to hear that you were very happy with the property and our service. I know you have many choices for hotels in the area so I am especially pleased that you chose America's Best Inn Anaheim. I hope to see you again next time you are visiting Anaheim.
Cathedral City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

My sister and I spent two nights at this motel and found it very clean and within wALKING DISTance to Disneyland. The office staff was very helpful and we would recommend this motel asd a place to stay when visiting Disneyland. The price od $41.00 per night made our trip very economical.
Audrey Hamaliuk
Cathedral City, CA

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear AudreyCathedralCity,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your thoughts! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at America's Best Inn Anaheim. We try to our best to make your stay a good one. We hope you choose to stay with us again.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

This was our first trip to the LA area so we found something basic and within our price range. We survived unscathed - but I'm 100% positive better options exist. We had a strange interaction with getting discount tickets...

Location-was very close to Disney, but not within comfortable walking distance. They do have a shuttle for $4 per person which we did not use since parking at Disney is only $15. It's on a fairly busy road and there was some traffic noise at night.

Rooms-were acceptable. Clean, relatively well maintained especially for the price. Our air did not work as well as we hoped, and TV channels were limited to say the least (did have HBO). The hotel does have a pool but unless you are desperate this is not going to be a pool worth using. Walls were PAPER THIN! We could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors said or did (I'm sure they could hear us too - not great for privacy). Bed was uncomfortable, would have slept awful if we hadn't been so exhausted.

Breakfast - skip it. A danish and sugary juice is not a "breakfast". If you are looking for a hotel with breakfast to save some cash don't consider this an option. The room had a fridge and microwave-if we'd known we might have saved a few bucks making our own food this way.

Disney tickets - the women at the desk said there was some deal the hotel ran for Disney tickets that were cheap. This flagged us as "too good to be true" but we inquired anyways. We had to ask about the tickets the day of and then walk a slip of paper down the block to another office. We also had to return the tickets by the end of that same night -no matter how late-to the hotel. We thought this was all a little odd and decided to just buy our tickets from the main gate. This all may be very legitimate but it made us feel suspicious and uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Stockton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Room was cleaned properly. However, book early and get a motel across the street from maingate. The location was not walkable with young children ( unsafe, high-traffic area, walk up a steep bridge) Not safe to walk at night or day. They charge 4 dollars per person to use their shuttle, give you a danish and cheap drink for breakfast, and are not very friendly but standoffish. We wound up paying 36 dollars more when we checked in "services taxes," and we wound up paying 30 dollars to park at the Disneyland parking lot for 2 days and then it took an hour just to get to the maingate. Overall the location, breakfast, and area appear unsafe and their motel sign even has graffiti on it. Plan early, book a room across the Disney maingate, eat at IHOP or MCD's or the 8.99 buffet, sneak in some snacks and get a real breakfast at a motel across the street where you don't pay parking but you just walk across..Hindsight is 20/20..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Campbell, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Name somewhat is confusing because it is right next to another hotel with very similar name. I went to the other one first by mistake, and liked the looks of mine better when I walked next door. Two story basic motel. Definitely not walking distance to Disneyland, I would think, but $4-a-day shuttle stop is right out front.

Another nice feature was free wifi - got the userid and password from the front desk. It had A/C but you have to use a wall switch to turn it on - had to ask at the desk because I didn't notice the switch and thought the A/C was broken.

Overall it looked OK, but for one thing. When I came back late at night from Disneyland and pulled back the sheets and pillow on one of the beds, there were short black hairs under the pillow. Ugh!!! I slept in the other bed but uneasily, and was happy I was only staying one night. I left early (for early entrance at Disneyland) so didn't want to wake the front desk folks up (nice Indian couple, I'm assuming they live there) late at night or early on a Sunday to complain about the hairs. The sheets looked clean and the bed made, so not sure how to account for it, but probably wouldn't go back. However, my rate there was awesome. And no bedbug bites, which I've had at Anaheim motels with higher rates!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

This hotel is very close to Disney (in walking distance). It is simple but very OK. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. Don't expect much on the free breakfast though. Overall, a hotel I will go back

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple