“Perfect evening”

City National Grove of Anaheim
Ranked #46 of 149 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40,000-square-foot entertainment facility features a movie-studio soundstage that provides full production, multimedia and video productions.
Los Angeles, California
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Saw Gordon Lightfoot concert. You can sit at a spacious table, eat dinner beforehand and/or enjoy a few drinks, and enjoy a very good sound system. Ample close parking.

1 Thank MikeMc666

Montreal, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a great place, well designed, for watching a show”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We saw Jesse Cook last March.
Though the show itself was great, I just had to post a review about the CNG itself.

Great staff, Long Island tea at 8$, easy to buy tickets, great parking.

We didn't have the dinner-show, just the show, so I don't know the quality of the food. I did read the menu, and the selection was outstanding, not limited to just two choices for the main course.

We were seated at the very end, the best place to stand up & dance. 4/5, would have gotten 5/5 had they had a "dancing standing section", as there was room for such a section.

1 Thank Mark_Derail
Airdrie, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the dining experience here, when we attended the Great Big Sea concert. Because we had Tier One seating, our meal was served in the lovely dining room. The salmon and butternut squash puree were delicious. Our waiter reminded me of my son-in-law, so of course we loved him, and he treated us royally. We have experienced other "club" settings here in California, and while we have enjoyed them all, this one has an extra touch of class! (and comfortable seating!)

1 Thank Lauri W
Mission Viejo, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Comic was hilarious, dinner and service was lacking”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Every diner in our party was served at a different time. The first couple had finished by the time the last couple was served. Don't get the crab nachos-velveta and crab just don't go together.

Don't go expecting a good meal--prepare to laugh

Los Angeles, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Dinner and concert”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family and I went to the Grove on Valentine's Day to see Linda Eder in concert. I wish they had a place to review people on this site...I'd review Linda's concert and give her 2 million starts (out of 5)..."Awesome" does not begin to describe her voice. Anyway... the four of us arrived at the Grove 10 minutes before the gates were to open. The front security staff was friendly and let us in on time. We went inside where we were greeted by ushers/staff that helped us to our seats. I thought they could've been a little more friendly instead of just saying "do you need somethin?" What happened to "welcome to the Grove this evening, may I help you find your seat?"
Moving on...we sat down (5th row, left side of stage...great seats) and were given menus to choose our course. The lady server started out by telling us that for $90 we could purchase 1 soup, 1 entree and 1 dessert, but we HAD to purchase it as a couple. Every time someone at our table asked her a question, she gave TWO different answers, then said "I have to go check"! Someone at the table asked for a very small substitution (like if they could leave the onions off)...the server came back and said the chef will not allow ANY substitutions. I was wondering what was so difficult about not adding onions to a dish. I got my answer when the main course was served....
Several of us ordered Chicken Marsala with hand made pasta. What we got instead was a cold, breaded piece of white meat chicken, with 1-2 small tiny button mushrooms, and a can of very watered down cream of chicken soup. The pasta itself was good, but obviously, the chicken had been frozen and microwaved. Ok...what do you expect from a concert venue...it's not a 5 star restaurant. But when I stopped and realized I was being charged over $70 for this dinner....that's RIDICULOUS! Frozen, cold, and definitely falsely advertising your entree's is NOT a good idea!
When we ordered dessert...the only option left was the Creme Burle with Cherry compote. The cream part was O K....extremely Sweet. I took a cherry.....uhoh! That was a mistake. The cherries were NOT cherries. They were more like oversized raisins with very starchy, doughy, wrinkly skin on them. All you could taste was this bitter, skin like, shriveled up thing....I think dog food would've tasted better. Cmon guys....for the price you're charging for dinner, at least try to incorporate some fresh ingredients.
The highlight of the food though, was the Butternut squash soup. I'm guessing that came out of a can too, but it was really good! Their corn/tomato salad was also quite tasty. Again, not a 4 star restaurant, but very good.
After dinner and after I had paid the bill (or thought I did anyway)...the server came back (during the show) and told me that their machine went crazy and charged me $25 more. She said she needed to see my card to fix it...OK...here's the kicker! She asked me to SIGN the NEW bill (for $25 more) so that she could "explain to her staff that the computer was overcharging people!" I told her I was NOT signing anything else and that if I was charged one penny over what I agreed to pay, that I would take it up with my credit card company.
20 minutes later, she came back and said "the problem was solved"! Phew...now I could just sit back and enjoy the amazing Linda Eder!
Bottom line....the grove is a great place to see a concert! But if you avoid it, I would not spend the money for the "dinner" they serve!

Visited February 2013