“Average budget hotel. Nothing fancy”

Days Inn Anaheim Near Convention Center
Ranked #98 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Average budget hotel. Nothing fancy”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Desk clerk was super friendly and had everything ready prior to our late night arrival. Rooms were pretty standard and beds were really soft. Slept well and was pleased to be allowed a late check out. I imagine this would be convenient if you were going to Disneyland cuz it's really close to this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
daysinn34221, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Anaheim Near Convention Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know that our front office team members where indeed helpful upon your arrival. Indeed we are just 1 mile from the entrance of Disneyland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Be careful not to confuse this Day's Inn with the one that is just north of Disneyland. I thought we would be closer to the park then we ended up. But you can take public transportation or the ART shuttle for fairly cheap. Clean, in good condition, had a microwave, fridge, and free wi-fi, smallish pool and nice hot tub. The complimentary breakfast was neither the worst nor the best I've had at a motel. Cheap donuts and cheap cereal, but they had waffles, too. They don't sell Disneyland tickets like the sign on their window says, but you can walk across the street to the Stanford Inn and Suites-- They sold us two 2-day 1-park tickets at a slight discount from the box office price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are lucky in fact that the ART shuttle does in fact pick up and drop off right in front of our hotel. The shuttle does run every 20-25 minutes.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travel quite a bit, so Days Inn is nothing new to me. My Wife and kids were like.. Umm dad this isn't as nice as the Marriott so I have to put it into perspective to them. The room had a refigerator and Microwave, Wifi and plenty of power plugs. Anaheim transit bus picks up RIGHT in front of the hotel. True the owners could walk across the street and see the breakfast the other hotels offer, but the waffles and cerial and danish with fresh coffee and juice wasn't bad for free. Problem with Disneyland is they want almost $7 for a pretty crappy hot dog and if you are hungry it's better to walk out the main gate and go to Denny's or Tony Romas for what hot dogs and churros would cost a family of 4. Best part about Days Inn is it's across the street from Bucca Di Beppo and Jack in the box has their late night munchie menu open after Disneyland is closed. It was nice to just walk next door and get a few shakes and burgers after 20 miles of walking around. All in All my experiance with Dayys Inn Maingate was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Upstairs.. so you don't have to hear kids stomping.. it's worth dragging your stuff up there
1 Thank Paul L
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your right we do have great restaurant near us.
Lexington, Oregon
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ok, let's start with 75% of the tv channels not working. Ok, Disneyland...i know i know...but when you're in the hotel room (and it's near halloween) being able to watch a scary movie would've been nice.

THEN...i go to take a bath and there is ZERO towels in the room, oh wait, there was one, a dirty one hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I had plopped into the tub before realizing this though. My boyfriend called downstairs and had them bring some. Oddly enough the second day, they took them all again (even though we'd not used them all) leaving no towels AGAIN...so he called AGAIN (at this point sort of agitated as he knows i enjoy a nice hot bath) and we were brought towels again. (strange towel meistering going on....)

we were in a smoking room, that had no ashtray, nor could one be located for a while.

The room was nice, bed was comfy, adequate space clean etc...but the tv not working and the weird towel issue made it less than stellar.

The front desk staff was VERY VERY helpful and friendly. (why it's not one star)
price was good, considering it was Disneyland. Not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Vista, California
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights in October 2013. When we checked in, there were posters on the wall stating they sold Park Hopper tickets. When I asked the night shift clerk about them, he said they didn't sell them anymore and didn't know why the posters were still up. We also asked about shuttles to the park - he said we could buy 24-hr tickets on the bus. When we got to the bus the next morning, the driver said they only sell one way tickets on the bus. We had to go back to the office to buy 24-hr tickets. When we got to the room, we found no shower curtain. I went down to the office and the clerk said he didn't have the key to get one for me - I'd have to wail till morning. We used towels to mop up the water after taking showers. I went back down to the office and got 2 more towels. I looked at the tub/drain before we showered and found a clump of hair on the drain. I don't think we will be staying at this place again, even tho we come to Anaheim every year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
West Valley City, Utah
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Bad
- One of the 6 pillows smelled like urine
- Pillows were old, worn out and flat. I slept pretty comfortable with two of them stacked.
- Day one we had 4 pillows bed, day 2-6 for some reason we had 3 pillows per bed.
- The floors were so dirty that my socks would turn black walking on them. I don't think they had been vacuumed in a long time or whatever they are using to vacuum isn't working.
- The hotel was stingy with there old crappy towels. We had 4 people and they would only give us 3 towels, 1 hand towel and one wash rag. When I asked the maid to bring more, I was told I would have to get them from the font desk.
- Every morning we awoke to the wonderful sound of crying kids, doors slamming and maids gossiping.

Overall, the biggest reason I would not stay here unless I had to was the uncleanliness.

The Good:
- The air condition worked
- Hot water worked
- Fridge worked

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NexusUT