“Avoid if possible”

Ranked #102 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“Avoid if possible”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Mother of all Lords, thanks for saving me. Me and my daughter had to participate in the Disney Tinker Bell Marathon and had to stay somewhere close by as the race as at 5:45 AM in the morning. So even though we live in Stevenson Ranch driving 61 miles this early was a bad idea so we opted for a cheap hotel. Check was not great ..When I asked for an extra hour for check-out the stiff guy said no as the room is fully booked for next day. I went to room and after a few hours called anonymously for 6 rooms for a last minute Disneyland trip. Guess what ! He pulled 6 empty rooms from his rear end for the next day. Overall the hotel and block around it is dark and dimly lighted. Not sure if they are trying to save money or something. If without the Jack in the Box across the entrance, the walk at night would be scary. Rooms are flimsy and old even though the neon sign says "renovated". Not sure what is renovated. I believe its the owners room only. I have live in LA for over 13 years and know the area well so I knew the name MAINGATE in the name of the hotel means nothings. Its NOT at the Disneyland main gate at all. Disneyland is a nice 1.2 miles walk from here. Just thought I will forewarn family with young kids. We preferred the walk though there is a ART stop in front of the hotel. Breakfast is pathetic. The oranges and apples seemed dull and almost ready to get tossed. The unhealthy donuts did not appealing either. You can make fresh pancakes though but the dough seemed like poison. The less said about the upholstery the better. The bathrooms were clean but the soap and shampoo looked like caustic soda. The TV is from the 1950s and the remote older. The next day we came back from Marathon at 10:15 AM. When we walked into the bathroom, we realized that all the towels have been taken away by the main. The checkout is at 11 am and we hadn't checked out at that time. Hell we wiped our faces with the toilet paper and grabbed our bags and ran to our car before another angry guest burns the place down.

You are only recommended to stay if you want to just spend the night there and nothing beyond that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manoj N
daysinn34221, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Anaheim Near Convention Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We do apologize that your experience with us was not up to par. With the marathon it does make it difficult to do late check out. We have our team take more care of the breakfast items to make sure they are go. Thank you fortaking time to give us a review

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The carpets are very dirty passing a white towel on them revealed that they were black with crud. The room did not smell fresh. There was dirt and hair both on bathroom floor and in shower. The safe was broken and hotel by default wanted to charge me for that service. I refused and they cancelled the charge.
Breakfast was OK although for two days we had to request milk and coffee which ran out each time.
We were supposed to come back to this hotel a week later and instead reserved at the near by Holiday Inn. For $10 more with the entertainment rebate it was a far better deal.
I have traveled to many other Days Inn and must admit this is simply the worst one I have ever been in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MarsuVoyage

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

SANTA CRUZ
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The was close enough to Disneyland to work for a trip down at a decent price. The beds are too soft, the shower walls had hair left on them when cleaned; meaning that the room was not inspected well enough. The room rate was not correct when I arrived and had to provide my email confirmation to get it fixed. The hotel charges for the safe in the room at time of check-in and they expect you to tell them you did not use the safe to get the refund at checkout, very unprofessional. The breakfast area was not well stocked and the choices were not good. The keys worked great until the last night and the front desk agent said that I must have deactivated them. I am someone who has assisted in the running of hotels for years and the manner in which I was treated when I needed to get my keys re-keyed was not professional at all. They do have a grand reopening sign up and if that is the case then they have training to do or get other employees. The rooms do not have good insulation as we could hear all the road noise and the TV from our neighbors and it was not up loud. If all you want is some place to lay down and not worry about the service or a clean bathroom then this will work for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

WEST JORDAN
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a great location for Disneyland. We did have some miscommunication with the front desk concerning the shuttle buses to Disneyland, but we resolved taht problem by driving and parking the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family