“The definition of basic!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #59 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to it's raking & being walking distance to the Disney park. Checked it was straight forward. The guy who checked us in was helpful.

We weren't expecting the room to be 5 star but we weren't quite prepared for what we got. The room was quite small & oddly shaped. Room was first room from the stairs. The views from the window was a brick wall means not much natural night. Had to keep the lights on all the time. Bathroom was down a corridor within the room. We didn't have anywhere to hanger clothes. There was only five hangers between two people. There wasn't even any drawers to put clothes in. We end up leaving them in are cases for six days. The carpet leading to the bathroom has started to fray. The room doesn't have a safe for valuables. The room has a microwave & fridge. We were hoping to cook a few micro meals after a long day. There wasn't any crockery or cutlery to use. So a trip to Walmart was in order. Room has a very noisy A/C unit. Far too noisy to keep on whilst sleeping.

"Breakfast" was served between 7 - 9 in the receptions area!! Only one table & two chairs. They only seemed to sever doughnuts & muffins tea/coffee & orange juice.

Second night stay the guest staying in the next room were quite noisy. We could hear the TV on rather loud and them talking until half 3 in the morning. We wake up the next morning to a strong smell of cigarette smell only to find people smoking on the stairs outside of room. We couldn't use the AC as it draw the smell into the room even more.

Good points about the hotel. The bathroom was clean and looked newly tiled. Nice low bath for small children. Plenty of hot water for showers. Fresh bedding. There wasn't a duvet but a soft blanket & bedspread. There's an ice machine which can be little tricky to use. Free hotel parking saving us $16 per day on parking at the disney parks!

We paid $406/£240 including local tax I don't think it was anywhere near what it was worth. We won't be recommending this hotel to anyone. Given this I think in further we won't rely so heavily on trip advisor ranking. We've stayed at some beautiful hotel which don't have the best trip advisor ranking. Just take the rankings with a pinch of salt.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie C
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you on your review and on pointing out issues which have influenced your overall impression of your stay with us. I personally, apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. We are continually upgrading and improving our amenities and services at the hotel but its a long process and hopefully we will meet our expectation one day.
We are very sorry to hear that you didn't have enough hanger to hang your cloths but we would have been very happy to provide you extra hangers if you have notified us during your stay.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, you have noted that our bathrooms were clean and yes we recently finish remodeling most of our hotel bathrooms. Even though we don't have big properties, we do offer spacious and clean guest rooms at in a very convenient location and at very low nightly room rates that includes, free parking, free continental breakfast and free internet service for our guest.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I enjoyed my stay more than I thought I would! Very reasonable price and the staff was very friendly. The room wasn't fancy or anything but it was clean and did the job. Would definitely stay again. My only complaint would be I had trouble logging into WiFi with the password I was given.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We recently upgraded our Internet service, so now we have high speed Internet connection available in all of our rooms but we need to change our password every week for security reason. I think due to the password change you had trouble logging in. I sincerely apologize for the internet issues that you had.
We very much appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to being of service to you on your future stays.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I liked alot the only problem was the mini fridge did not work so my food went bad other than that its a great place to stay not far from disney if u lloking for something thats within your budget this is a great place to stay

• Stayed: May 2014
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.
I apologize for the fridge issues that you had. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations.

We look forward to having you back to our hotel in the near future !

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel they had great customer service. It did have a few things that I would love to see updated like the pool needed to be replastered this kept me from wanting to go swimming, the ice machine was a little tricky but very helpful staff showed us how it worked also the toilet handle had to be held down really long to flush the toilet completely. All in all it was a good hotel for the price close to both city walk (2min) and the parks (10min).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate that you took time to give us valuable
feedback. We have invested time and resources into improving our property, and we are not finished yet!
Thank you again, and we look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I came into the hotel at one in the morning after a long night of driving, along with a lot of time trying to find an available hotel room for a reasonable price. As I come to the front desk, the man behind the counter was helpful in telling me what was available, how much it cost, and if any discounts could be made. I booked one of the last rooms, which was a double queen (I only needed a single) and came to my room.
I don't really know what I was expecting, maybe something shady just from what I had in my mind about Best Value Inns in general, but it was clean, and pretty nice. The only thing that I could complain about was the very squeaky shower floor. As I stated before, it was late and I had to take a shower as I was disgusting at that point. I felt terrible trying to move around in the shower that late with it being that noisy. But if you were to take a shower in the day, it wouldn't be a problem. The beds were very comfy, and the curtains were thick enough to block the sun from coming in in the morning. Overall I had a good stay. Thanks Best Value Inn of Cheyenne Wyoming. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate that you stayed with us, and we
look forward to being of service to you on future stays in ABVI.
We are also in the process of renovation and continually improving our property.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My family stayed for 3 nights in late April while in the area for Disneyland (about a 10-15 min walk). We wanted a place that we could stay together at an affordable price and this hotel fit that need. The room (217) has the basic items - clean, comfortable beds and an updated bathroom. There is a small refrigerator and microwave. We went to the local grocery store (about 1.5 miles away on Katella) and purchased items to fix for breakfast and snacks. While the front desk does provide muffins & donuts we were looking for something a little healthier so we just made our own. We didn't have any noise from other guests but I don't think the hotel was filled to capacity either. Our only complaint is that the pool/hot tub hours are 9am to 9pm and we were hoping to soothe our aching legs in the hot tub after we returned from Disneyland; the park closes at 9 (or later) so that doesn't allow time for the hot tub. On the other hand, I guess they have to limit the hours so the noise doesn't disturb those trying to sleep. We enjoyed being next to the Gardenwalk area with a variety of restaurants. The office staff were very nice and helpful. I would stay here again if traveling with the entire family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. Clean, comfortable and quiet ! - what is there to add ! Many thanks on your great review and for ranking us so highly.
Sorry, for the pool hours and we apologize, you didn't have enough time for the hot tub. Thank you for your understanding, we close the pool at 9:00 P.M, so that guests can get a good night’s sleep.Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stopped here for 5 nights in April, hotel is in a great location about 10 mins walk to parks, will stop here again, staff where very friendly, breakfast included orange and apple juice was very nice which saved time looking for some where to eat before parks,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

Great review! - and thank you for it and for pointing your positive experiences of our food, facilities and services. We have read your review with the greatest of pleasure and pride.
Once again, thank you for ranking us so high, and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you!