Booked this hotel due to it's raking & being walking distance to the Disney park. Checked it was straight forward. The guy who checked us in was helpful.
We weren't expecting the room to be 5 star but we weren't quite prepared for what we got. The room was quite small & oddly shaped. Room was first room from the stairs. The views from the window was a brick wall means not much natural night. Had to keep the lights on all the time. Bathroom was down a corridor within the room. We didn't have anywhere to hanger clothes. There was only five hangers between two people. There wasn't even any drawers to put clothes in. We end up leaving them in are cases for six days. The carpet leading to the bathroom has started to fray. The room doesn't have a safe for valuables. The room has a microwave & fridge. We were hoping to cook a few micro meals after a long day. There wasn't any crockery or cutlery to use. So a trip to Walmart was in order. Room has a very noisy A/C unit. Far too noisy to keep on whilst sleeping.
"Breakfast" was served between 7 - 9 in the receptions area!! Only one table & two chairs. They only seemed to sever doughnuts & muffins tea/coffee & orange juice.
Second night stay the guest staying in the next room were quite noisy. We could hear the TV on rather loud and them talking until half 3 in the morning. We wake up the next morning to a strong smell of cigarette smell only to find people smoking on the stairs outside of room. We couldn't use the AC as it draw the smell into the room even more.
Good points about the hotel. The bathroom was clean and looked newly tiled. Nice low bath for small children. Plenty of hot water for showers. Fresh bedding. There wasn't a duvet but a soft blanket & bedspread. There's an ice machine which can be little tricky to use. Free hotel parking saving us $16 per day on parking at the disney parks!
We paid $406/£240 including local tax I don't think it was anywhere near what it was worth. We won't be recommending this hotel to anyone. Given this I think in further we won't rely so heavily on trip advisor ranking. We've stayed at some beautiful hotel which don't have the best trip advisor ranking. Just take the rankings with a pinch of salt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Anaheim hotel is a perfect location for your family vacation to Disneyland(R) Resort. This Anaheim hotel is just one block from Disneyland(R) Park, Disney's California Adventure(R) Park and Downtown Disney(R). If you are attending conference at Anaheim Convention Center, this Anaheim Hotel is perfectly situated within One Block. This Anaheim hotel is next to new Anaheim Garden Walk Entertainment Center that has all kind of dining, shopping & entertainment like cinema & bowling alley. Featuring 44 spacious rooms, with Mini Suites and Family Suites come with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron, and iron board. Also have out door heated pool & spa.Buy your discounted Disney resort tickets at hotel on your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites
- Americas Best Value Hotel Anaheim