“close to disney” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Genoa, Ohio
“close to disney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The room was clean and close to Disney. The description of the room said fireplace but there was not one in my room and after a plane flight and a day at Disney was not going to switch rooms. Also the free breakfast did not have much to choose from but there was some type of youth basketball team staying there and only one person trying to keep up on bringing out food so you can imagine there was nothing left. Free Wi Fi and parking make it a good deal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MitchellFern, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear 357LauraS357,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I would like to begin by apologizing for some of the issues you experienced. You are correct in that we do advertise that we have fireplaces in our suites, though this may be the case we only have fireplaces in selected rooms. I understand that it is our responsibility to make it as clear as possible so that there is no confusion. I will be sure to pass this on with management as we want to take care of this as soon as possible.

In regards to breakfast, I understand how busy the gatehouse can get, especially when we have our sports group come and visit. We definitely try and assign the appropriate amount of staff members to accommodate larger rushes.

Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you back soon.

“Suite” Regards,

Kimberly Rosales
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lehi, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

First off let me say I have never written a bad review for anything. Usually I am pretty easy to please, so when we checked into our room at this hotel we were so impressed at how clean everything "looked". The next morning when we woke up I had a few bites on my sides and stomach. We thought it was weird but didn't give it much thought. The second morning my kids and husband woke up with a few bites and I woke up with even more. We had no idea what it would be and just wondered if it was due to climate change or something? On the final morning, the morning we checked out, I looked like I had been attacked by something all over my stomach, back, sides and arms! We were excited to get to Disneyland that morning and didn't have much time to do research. That night after a busy day and being extremely itchy and sore where the bites were, I decided to start doing some research on what it might be. Bed bugs. It kept coming up again and again with pictures that looked extremely similar to ours. My husband called the Manager the following morning and he informed us that there was already a new family checked into our room, and wouldn't be leaving for 3 more days. He wasn't going to ruin their vacation by asking them to move..... um pretty sure their vacation will be ruined if they get bit all over! But for some reason...??? the family decided to check out 3 days early, and he had the room inspected all in the same day. Which of course found no bed bugs. I was never offered any compensation for the nights we spent there. The whole thing was a nightmare. I am glad we found out what it was before we got home. We had to throw away pillows and suitcases, as well as clean all our clothes that might have brought them home with us. In our absolute opinion these were indeed bed bugs. But of course no hotel will admit to that right? I have included a photo of one of my arms. This spot had the least amount of bites but didn't want to put an inappropriate photo up :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
22 Thank Jillian J
BHM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Average hotel for RI. I cannot understand the popularity of this hotel other than location. It is close to restaurants and a shopping center. The personnel are friendly; however they were stunned when I requested fresh linen each day. Contrary to the written policy in the room, the desk agent stated, we will change again in Friday- I checked in Sunday. View depends on room; front rooms have a nice view of the valley, others the parking lot and a barren hill. The other surprise-no alcohol at the afternoon reception. Overall very average and there are probably other hotels in the area that are comparable in price but better service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OCCTRAVELE
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for thoughts on your recent stay. Our housekeeping staff will change bed linen each day as requested. Since we are an extended stay hotel we do have a rotation which changes the sheets in our suites for rooms that are occupied on the average 3 times a week. Of cource any guest can request daily change of bed linen along with our daily housekeeping service. All check out rooms are changed with fresh linen. We made a decision several years ago to focus on providing higher quality more complete evening meals. Guest our welcome to provide their own beer or wine. This has served us well over the years, and I will note your thoughts as we always seek ways to please our guest. We are very excited about a few projects we will be doing next month, re-paving the parking lot and re-seeding the back slope. In addition we have a refresh of our sports court and surrounding area. We are commited in always having the property up to date. Thank you for your insight and your positive comments on the staff interactions you had.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I was amaze of how nice the room was. Absolutely clean, fridge, stove, dishes and even a dishwasher! Big bathroom, blackout curtains. I wish all the hotels would be as good as this one. Very good. 45 minutes from LAX, 18 minutes from convention center.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank elena c
SWOregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We just got home from a week stay in Southern California. We were in town to visit my dad and wanted to spend time at Disneyland as well. We usually stay in the resort area but chose this place for two reasons, the price for a two bedroom suite and the proximity to Yorba Linda. It was about a 20 minute drive to Disneyland and is situated by a great shopping center with Target, an upscale grocery store and several great restaurants.
The rooms are almost as nice as the photos. Although my daughter is in a wheelchair we don't require a handicap accessible room. We were so tired when we checked in that we just went with it.
We had the two bedroom, two bath suite. It has a full kitchen and a pull out sofa bed between the two rooms. Our youngest daughter slept in the middle room while our daughter and her husband had their own area.
The breakfast wasn't spectacular but there was variety. Basic scrambled eggs, breakfast meat. potatoes, waffles and a rotating choice each day of breakfast burritos or sandwiches as well as the usual continental fare. We were able to get a decent meal before starting the day.
We made use of the kitchen as well as the community grill by the pool.
We spent a lot of time on the out door couches or entertaining in the breakfast room. The manager was very accommodating. We caught up with friends and family over a meal.
The housekeepers were very good. Everything was really clean. They ran our dishwasher everyday and even put our dishes away a couple of times.
I wouldn't hesitate staying here again. It was nice to stay out of the hustle and bustle of the parks. It was close enough but far enough away to get a good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelJem
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We are always concerned that each guest has the best stay possible. Thank you for your taking the time to document your experience and we all look forward in welcoming you back to the Anaheim Hills Residence Inn by Marriott.
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Second stay in just over a year, but likely would not stay here again. The beds are not up to par with other Marriott properties. Woke up with a achy back each day we stayed. Rooms are quiet from other rooms in the property. Two bedrooms per large suite separated by a living room with electric fireplace, kitchen and eating area. TV's in each bedroom and in living area. Pool is heated. Hottub, while small, is good. Free breakfast is ample but seems small size for the amount of rooms and guests. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is close to shopping, restaurants, and major freeways. Rate was not discounted like first stay. Given the price I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor for ease of getting in and out of your room. Choose a corner suite to minimize ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I apologize you were not completly satisfied with our beds, as we are in the process of changing out the beds to king pillow tops. We will have this project completed by Friday, February 21, 2014. I will certainly pass on to my staff you thought everyone did a very good effort with service. I hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again.

All the best.
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were impressed with this Inn in every way. The location is convenient to the freeway, yet positioned on a quiet street and backed by a canyon open space. There is a nice shopping mall adjacent for shopping and dining. The staff is consistently very friendly from housekeeping to front office to breakfast service. And speaking of breakfast, our experience was just great. Great choices of fresh food and a hot selection rotated daily. We loved it! The 2 BR suite was well appointed with fireplace and full kitchen. Great to have an icemaker handy for our cold beverages. Beds were excellent, shower heads were perfect and the broadband speeds were outstanding. This Inn is well managed. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was assigned 2308, top floor corner far from the elevator and stairs. P...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ColoradoDesperado
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are all happy to hear you stay went very well and all of our staff was friendly and hospitable. We work hard each day to ensure our hotel and staff exceed each of our guest expectations.

Mitchell Fern
General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!