Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$167
$158
  • Restaurant
$109
$99
  • Pool
Hotel Pepper Tree(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$101
Hotels.com
$127
  • Pool
Kings Inn Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$99
$255
$209
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Restaurant
$414
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewseasy minutescomplimentary breakfast was goodexcellent roomwithin walking distancefront desk supervisorconvenient locationtwo bedroom suitehome away from homethe breakfast areaexercise roomsmall kitchendefinitely stay here againorange countystayed here for two nightscouple of nightsoatmealacross the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is not our first stay with Residence Inn. We always get a two bedroom suite so the kids have their own room. When we checked in the front desk person was not friendly but nothing I would have thought much about. When we opened the door to our suite, I could tell immediately the A/C wasn't working, and there was a strange odor in the room. My niece described this smell as "bottom of a hampster cage." I contacted the front desk only to be told that there was no maintenance personnel on the property and no other employee available to "watch" the front desk so that the person running the front desk (also the person I was speaking with) could come up and check the A/C. No offer of when they would be up or anything else. I wasn't sure what the girl at the front desk knew about air conditioning anyway, so we decided to unpack and wait for the breeze to cool off the room via the windows. Then half the windows wouldn't open. My husband tried and couldn't budge them either. We decided to leave and come back when the room would be cooled down by the outside temp.
In the morning someone from maintenance came to our room and told us to switch the gauge from COOL to FAN. Thinking this was the issue, we did as he said and then left for the day.
When we returned late in the afternoon, the room was still hot. I called the front desk. Two people came to the room. One was a female desk clerk and one was in some type of supervisory role. They fiddled with the gauge and then offered to put us in two different rooms until the maintenance person could look at it the following day. My husband had one child and I had the other in the two separate rooms, so we spent the night apart instead of as a family on our "family vacation". The next day the unit finally got serviced and the A/C worked fine for the rest of the week. Unfortuneately the smell remained but I was afraid to ask to move since they had put us in two separate rooms previously stating they didn't have any two room suites available. I sprayed febreeze and moved on. The next day we met some folks who were staying there long term due to flooding issues at their home. They were frustrated because when they walked their dog the dog mess receptacles on the property were constantly overflowing with trash. After the second day of witnessing this, I contacted the front desk and they stated they would contact housekeeping to empty the trash. The entire stay continued like this. Stupid problems and non responsive customer service. Calling the front desk was unpleasant as the general attitude was "Stop bothering me". When we continued to encounter issues, I filled out the comment card which states "any employee" can be given the comment card. I was specific, listed the issues and left a note asking the housekeeper to take the comment card. No one ever did. When we finally checked out we brought these issues to the attention of the front desk supervisory type person. He told us that they did not feel responsible for the issues as we had not adequately reported them and given them an opportunity to rectify the problems. Nice....won't be staying there again-guaranteed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kelly O
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional guest service complementing our well maintained property. Our team members our empowered and given the resources to resolve any range of issues or concerns that could affect a guest stay. Additionally, we have on-call management/technicians for rapid resolution to more urgent guest matters. Further procedures are routinely executed to follow up, with the guest(s), should a problem arise during the stay. The Residence Inn Anaheim Hills is an upscale property that is marketed as providing “the comforts of the modern home” and we know that we must deliver to each guest(s) expectations. Regarding your stay, I was the hotel contact that you have indicated bringing your concerns to and I was also the contact you spoke with upon check out. I want to assure you that I had followed up all issues that you brought to my attention. Several team members also communicated each issue that you brought to their attention. We strive to provide a stay that is flawless and exceeds the guest(s) expectations. If any aspect of your stay does not meet your expectations, we ask for the opportunity to not only make it right but then also go the extra mile you. We keep in mind that guest(s) may not want to express any feedback and know that it is never ideal for a guest to voice a complaint or express dissatisfaction. Our proactive operational approach helps avoid issues such as the trash receptacles filling up and our A/C units are routinely serviced. However, we also proactively seek guest feedback so that we can address an issue and avoid a guest from being inconvenienced. We set high goals for ourselves and thoroughly review all comments to see what areas we can improve and to also recognize what we have done right but we ask for fair and accurate reviews. Please accept my apology that we did not meet the needs of your stay. Feel free to contact myself for any further assistance. You expressed that you will be in the area again soon, and at departure, accepted my invitation for a night back. I wish to convey my invitation again. Please contact me direct as I am confident that your next stay will be nothing short of exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We decided to get away from the disney corridor hotels so we looked a little further out and we struck gold with this hotel . Its only 10 minutes to Disney and the parking at the hotel is free . The property is clean , the free internet worked great for us on the first floor , the staff were great . There is ample shopping and restaurants within walking distance . The free breakfast was Ok nothing special , but hey its free. The general area around the hotel is very nice and we felt safe enough to walk to the store at night . Overall a great place to stay for a family of four . We will be back .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gary8860
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Your comments are invaluable. It is always a great reward when we can exceed the expectations of our guests. Your experience lets us know that our team's dedicated efforts have amounted to oustanding stays. Thank you for the business.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice suite and grounds with great location, excellent service and good rates. Enjoyed stay with grounds well kept, staff helpful. Fantastic convenience to restaurants, shops, market, gas stations, etc. Wifi reliable, nice kitchen. All around nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

As with essentially every other hotel within the Marriott family in which I have stayed, the room was very clean and the staff was generally professional. But the wifi didn't work during my stay. From the desk clerk's reaction to my inquiry, I surmised that this was a common occurrence. Because my room had no hardwire service, there was little the desk clerk could do for me. Without internet service, it was difficult to accomplish what I needed for the business purpose of my trip. The rooms seem dated and worn, especially the kitchen. The breakfast, however, was very good. This hotel is in a good location, just off the 91 freeway and adjacent to a shopping center with a wide range of restaurant choices

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MarylandTraveler75
JasonRobinson, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Last January, we completed a major upgrade of our wi-fi network. Our guests can experience rapid download speeds of up to 10mpbs. Our quick wi-fi speed is one of our more popular amenities. Please know that, based on your comments; we are following up by having our engineer test the internet connection from multiple rooms/locations. We have trained our staff to assist with various internet troubleshooting and will implement additional training. I invite you to contact myself as I would like to personally follow up about your particular stay as we value your repeated business. Regarding our rooms, we recently just finished the final phase of our room refresh. As a result of your invaluable observations, our management team will immediately inspect all rooms, for any areas that need attention. As we our glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and convenient location, we still know that there is work to do, to re-earn your future business.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed 12 days.Very large room and so clean and looked like every thing was new.Very quiet and a great location next to 91 and lots of restaurants. I liked the Macaoni Grill next door (happy hour 3 to 7)and also visited the Richard Nixon Library 10 minutes away.The staff is great with directions etc. Only thing better would be more space in the breakfast area but they do have nice seating outside and a great comp dinner tues,wed, thurs. which was even better than the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business