“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #106 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Long Beach, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I reluctantly chose Anaheim Hills location because I thought it was going to be too far from all my job functions and in a sense it was. But upon my check-in I was greeted so nicely by the front desk personnel particularly Robert the mananger and Luis the front desk attendant that I decided to stay and brave the distance. The rooms are clean and modern and the free wifi is a added bonus along with the free coffee and granola bars and fruit for breakfast each morning. Whenever I needed anything rather it be and extra pillow or silverware there would be no problem. All in all my stay has felt very comfortable and homey, the staff at
Extended Stay are awesome and I would definitely recommend the Anaheim Hills location to my co-workers and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Tina - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our property and team. I'm thrilled that your stay has been an enjoyable and comfortable one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brea
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The reason I picked this place its close to all major freeways. When I checked in everyone was so nice and friendly. My room was clean and ready when I got to there. I will tell all my friends what a get express I had here...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim L
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I checked in I saw visible urine on the toilet. When I went to sleep I found blood on my pillow and dirt on my sheets! It was not just a little dirt. I stripped the bed and found multiple stains. This resulted in the single worst night that I've ever had in a hotel.

Room Tip: Find a better place
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended stay America – Anaheim Hills. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issues you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The presence of stains on the sheets and beddings you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. I hope you can give us another chance when you are back in the area.
Corona, California
Reviewed March 1, 2013

With only 1 room left, they knowingly placed us next to a person with mental issues. Now I know why everyone moved out of that room, because I did the same thing after trying to get another room for 2 weeks!! The mental person would yell and scream at the top of his lungs about wanting to kill everyone and stab everyone using every foul language you can imagine. He would scream, hit, and slam things on the wall. I even heard him cutting wood in the room. All of this happened throughout the day and into the night. The first two weeks, I have seen the cops come by twice and an ambulance that took him away (however, he came back a few days later). When I asked the counter about that guy and getting another room, I was told that all the rooms were taken and thay they were in process of trying to kick that guy out. My wife and I couldn't sleep at night and was seriously worried for our safety. I talked to a another guy across from us (not even sharing a common wall) and he couldn't sleep either. He called his American Express card and received a full refund! I emailed corporate about the situation to see if they could do anything for me, and left all my information. I never heard back from them. After two weeks I finally moved out of the room and into another room down the hall. It was better, but the walls are thin. You can hear everyone above you walking, having sex, and people talking all over the place into the wee hours of the night. None of the ranges have vents, so if you cook, the smell will stay in your room for a long time. The windows are hard as hell to close and open! My wife couldn't get it to budge at all. I had to apply a lot of force to open and close the window. This is the same for both rooms. This is the absolutely worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life and will never go back! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, the entire staff is retrained again on how to solve these types of issues. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at lah@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is great, good location near Honda center and Angels stadium. The room is big and clean with fully equipped kitchen make life easier and affordable when travel. The staff are excellent and friendly .

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we provided you a home away from home while you were with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The employees of this hotel are courteous and very responsive to guests needs and services. I would most definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The kicthenette is fully equipped with the necessary utensils including a full sized refrigerator which was a definite plus. The inclusion of a full sized bath tub was most desireable and a pleasant benefit to the decent sized bathroom. The location and accessibility to the major freeways provided short travel times and distance to and from the hotel was a major selection point.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KENNETH J
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Indio, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had two rooms at this hotel, one for myself and one for my son and his wife. After checking in I decided to pull out the pillows to relax for a bit. Upon pulling the comforter back I found dog hair covering one of the pillows and comforter. I asked for new bedding and got it. Later in the evening after a very tiring day my daughter was getting ready to go to bed and her bed was also covered in dog hair. The floor was filthy and its a good thing we had socks on because our feet were also covered in dog hair. At 12:30AM I called the front desk and requested new bedding once again. I was told by the person at the front desk if I didn't like the room I was welcome to come down and check out. I WAS VERY UPSET. In my son's room it smelled like urine even after leaving the windows open for hours. There were empty bottles and dirty socks under the bed. We were so grossed out that we did not sleep under the bedding instead slept on top of everything with our clothes on. I will never go back to this hotel again. I was very disappointed since the reviews I read seemed to make it seem like a decent place. The girl on duty during the day apologized and refunded some of my money after I complained upon checking out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara T
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly contact us at 714.630.4006. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.