Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
Ranked #102 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“feel like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

the service was excellent compared to other hotels that i used to stay when I travelled. The staff were so friendly and know what theyre doing. Their rooms are very clean, they always check on me if I need anything. I felt like its my home but only stayed there for a week. Its been a great experienced staying in this hotel. And I will definitely tell my friends and families to stay there when they have meetings or vacations in Orange County. Thanks Extended Stay America Anaheim Hills for all your great service and you are the best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex L
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Anaheim Hills. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had asked for a late checkout because I had been tied up on conference calls and other various phone calls and such during my morning. The gentleman at the front desk, Louis, was very accommodating and asked "will noon work?". Well one thing lead to the next and I ended up staying until 1:20 in the afternoon. Louis was really nice and as I tried to compensate them for the room he said something to the effect that "you stay here often enough, get out of here!". What a relief it is to deal with someone that's that easy to work with, and it's in California to boot!.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frederick K
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights due to work setting us up here. First stay in extended stay and I must say I expected more. I expected more amenities such as pool, daily maid service, channel selection and better breakfast. Very disappointed and won't be returning to an extended stay anytime soon for those reasons. It was clean and updated.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay due to lack of amenities. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly at lah@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

the service is excellent. staff polite and friendly and tries very hard to accommodate any requests, if they can. room is more than adequate and clean. there are several styles, depending on what is needed, each with a/c and heat, windows that can be opened for fresh air, and including kitchen-nette with refrigerator, stove-top and dishes. prices are comparable to other hotel/motels in area. location is right off 91 freeway and close to public transportation. take&go breakfast includes coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, muffins or breakfast bars, and fruit. i recommend this hotel. it's as close to a home away from home as you can get!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying Mostly ES Deluxe don't understand why none in LA area, but they did nice remodeling of room real fresh look, Take I go breakfeast is ok standard continental breakfeast
stuff, but one thing I never can understand is why this chain has such bad TV selections, if you stay long you do want to see more than 5 national news channels, the local broadcast channels, 4 sport channels and two weather channels, the deluxe side of this chain is a bit better,
The manager Robert make you feel right at home very friendly and does everything to make your stay pleasant

Room Tip: channel selection need updating, free internet is very slow
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly contact me at LAH@extendedstay.com. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.
Brentwood, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I do not have much to say about this hotel do to the fact we could not stay there because they booked our room to other guest. The reason we know this is because after we checked in and went to our room, it was already occupied by other guest. We walked straight out and went back to the front desk, to be told that some one did not do their job right and moved guest around with out entering it into the system. So after the front deck man ( who is so rude) called his manger, he told us they were all booked. So we had to drive around and try to find a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Guest123987
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues regarding your reservations and the check in process you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am working closely with the front desk team to ensure that the room reservations coming in are well inspected so this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at lah@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel was easy to find thanks to the excellent directions given by the hotel web site. The location was right next to the Riverside Freeway so there was steady traffic noise. To drown it out required turning the AC fan way up which wasn't any better than the freeway noise. I skipped the "Take and Go Breakfast". It just didn't look very appealing. The room was clean and adequate. I wouldn't stay there again due to the close proximity to the freeway.

Room Tip: The opposite side of the freeway might help with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rollie-65
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Whenever we are informed of disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that when visiting us again we can try out the opposite side from the highway. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.