“newly remodeled great manager one big downside”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
Ranked #107 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying Mostly ES Deluxe don't understand why none in LA area, but they did nice remodeling of room real fresh look, Take I go breakfeast is ok standard continental breakfeast
stuff, but one thing I never can understand is why this chain has such bad TV selections, if you stay long you do want to see more than 5 national news channels, the local broadcast channels, 4 sport channels and two weather channels, the deluxe side of this chain is a bit better,
The manager Robert make you feel right at home very friendly and does everything to make your stay pleasant

Room Tip: channel selection need updating, free internet is very slow
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly contact me at LAH@extendedstay.com. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I do not have much to say about this hotel do to the fact we could not stay there because they booked our room to other guest. The reason we know this is because after we checked in and went to our room, it was already occupied by other guest. We walked straight out and went back to the front desk, to be told that some one did not do their job right and moved guest around with out entering it into the system. So after the front deck man ( who is so rude) called his manger, he told us they were all booked. So we had to drive around and try to find a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Guest123987
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues regarding your reservations and the check in process you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am working closely with the front desk team to ensure that the room reservations coming in are well inspected so this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at lah@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel was easy to find thanks to the excellent directions given by the hotel web site. The location was right next to the Riverside Freeway so there was steady traffic noise. To drown it out required turning the AC fan way up which wasn't any better than the freeway noise. I skipped the "Take and Go Breakfast". It just didn't look very appealing. The room was clean and adequate. I wouldn't stay there again due to the close proximity to the freeway.

Room Tip: The opposite side of the freeway might help with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Rollie-65
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Whenever we are informed of disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that when visiting us again we can try out the opposite side from the highway. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here (after seeing positive reviews on TripAdvisor) before going to Disneyland for the day. The location is very good (accessible to major highways) and the price can't be beat for the area, especially since the facility was recently renovated. The "grab-n-go" breakfast consisted of coffee, oatmeal, pastries, granola bars, and whole fruit, which was sufficient for us given the price point. I agree with the previous reviewer -- Rowena was great! Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Would definitely stay here again if we were back in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelinManDan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Rowena. We hope you enjoyed Disney World, and are also glad to hear that our "Grab and Go" breakfast was a great option for the early mornings when going to the theme park!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

First of all, Rowena was a big help in getting me a great room. I noticed other guests complimenting her as well. The front desk is your foremost exposure to the hotel. Good job, Rowena!

The Anaheim Hills Extended Stay is one of the Orange County Extended Stay's that have been upgraded. The room was very clean and properly stocked. The entryway and bath have wood flooring with new carpeting throughout the rest of the room.

It was quiet, and there were plenty of places to park your car. You will enjoy this nice hotel in Anaheim. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask Rowena for help!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Arlene B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We deicded to go on a last minute trip to California and the 2 hotels we like to stay at were booked. I needed a hotel with a fridge and the location was right and based on previously reviews I booked this hotel. We arrived tired and had to wait almost 10 minutes for anyone to check us in. The front desk was empty. The room was clean and basic but lacked things like a pen or shampoo. I asked for shampoo but was told I had to go to the store and buy it. Paying over $100 a night I expect shampoo and a pen. I was not expecting the level of the Hyatt summerfield or Marriott residence but felt I got the bare bones that I could tolerate and a good location for what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Hills. Please know how truly sorry I am that your experience was unpleasant. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. Again, I apologize that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel and I promise that we are focused on improving guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel appeared to be new or just remodeled. It was clean inside and out. The room was large and also very clean and functional. The beds were as comfortable as any hotel we have stayed in and we've stayed in many. The front desk was staffed by a named Naresh Nick, Arlene and Rowena, who was very pleasant and polite and a credit to the hotel. Housekeeper was friendly gave once a week room service and provided extra towel per my request. Because it is an Extended Stay there is no restaurant only bunch of fast food enclosed but this location was very convenient for us. Would stay there again whenever I am in Anaheim

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Russel K
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Hills. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Baymont Inn & Suites By Wyndham
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills? Share your experiences!