“Upscale down-home appeal.”

The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Colony
Cross street: State College
Transit: OCTA Route 46, Route 47
Description: THE RANCH Restaurant serves elevated American cuisine in an upscale yet casual dining environment. Executive Chef Michael Rossi honors fresh, local and regional ingredients with our seasonally driven menu, designed to pair with the finest wines selected from our 10,000+ bottle cellar, and our collection of the most sought after whiskies. We look forward to welcoming you to THE RANCH!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We're always searching for a new spot for some upscale eats in Anaheim and the surrounding area, given that we're in town every year for an annual convention. This year, we found The Ranch - and it fit the bill of upscale while also not making it austere by any means.

First off, the Saloon is to the left - replete with a nice sized line-dancing floor and bar - and completely separate from the restaurant. Clientele seemed genuine as we perked in simply out of curiosity!

The barely 20-something hostesses were one part of the indicators that this is a "new school" old-school establishment. Lots of dark wood, that ranch house in Montana flavor for decor, with modern touches. Nice bar - not very big - with an ample selection of poisons (including vintage rums, very nice).

All around, it has a nice feel - not hokey or overblown (like a Cracker Barrel), very tasteful/thoughtful.

We had a table nearby and were taken care of by another younger waitstaff who overall did a good job. The only sticking point was the wine - a nice bottle of Dunn (understatement!) that she couldn't get the wax seal off of and required my direct assistance (at my insistence - no wax in the wine, please!!). Otherwise food came out in a leisurely but not lengthy timeframe between courses.

For meals, we avoided the Prix fixe menu and went for the meat directly. The small filet was beautiful. The loin chops were mouth watering. The veggies were even superb. And if you fail to order the mashed potatoes - it's your loss.

Dessert was not quite as stellar - though we did only order sorbet. We tried kumquat on the servers high recommendation - and it fell verrrry short in the opinion of 3 pallets. The tangerine did marginally better.

The Pyrat rum, however, was a winner and splurging for it was a great call. The fact that the sommelier brought tastings of 3 choices sealed that decision.

All told, a good place for better than the norm eats. Not amazing - but surely good. Best thing I can possibly say in this case is: we'll be back next year and this goes on the same list as Napa Rose and The Hobbit.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Ranch is a relatively new fine dining restaurant with a country western dance saloon next door. My husband and I enjoyed a date night that started with two step lessons in the Saloon along with yummy appetizers and drinks. The lessons were great fun, but the deviled egg appetizers were AMAZING! I highly recommend them. Then there was dinner. It's pretty pricey, but quality food with a great chef's touch that foodies will appreciate. I loved the beet salad and pork chops - both we're perfectly prepared. Service was professional and friendly, although not terribly personable. All in all, a great spot, but too expensive to frequent that often.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hidden gem in a business high rise. You are definately transported when you step inside. The decor is warm and inviting with an upscale ranch ambiance. We arrived on time for our reservation but were not greeted as we waited in view of the hostess stand. A waiter actually greeted us first as we stood there awkardlly. Once we checked in we waited about five minutes to be seated. I wouldn't have minded however I saw several parties come in after us and they were seated first. I got the impression that someone knew them or they were VIP's and we were not. We were seated in a booth that was a straight shot from the front door and very near the bar area. The noise level was high and being that it was our 10th anniversary I would have appreciated being seated in the main dining area with a view of the show kitchen (I had made our reservation three weeks prior and confirmed it that day). I asked the hostess about the layout of the dining room once I saw we were pretty much sitting in the bar area and she had an attitude when I asked about the other dining areas and was a little evasive and somewhat condescending before scurrying off. Things got much better once we met our server who was unfailingly polite, acknowledged our anniversary and answered all our questions patiently. Because it was restaurant week we chose the three course dinner for $40 and this was a great bargain. The butternut squash soup, the steak and the vanilla creme brulee dessert were all amazing. I loved the drink from the bar that had lemondae, elderflower liquor, vodke(?) and muddled basil and strawberries. very refreshing. They also gave us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary which was very much appreciated. We didn't want to linger because frankly the noise level was too high, especially being near the bar area. We went to the saloon next door after dinner but didn't stay as there were reserved signs on all of the empty tables (it was 7pm). Seems nice but staff wasn't all that welcoming so I wouldn't pay to get in.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Another amazing dinner at The Ranch Restaurant followed by a fantastic dessert, and all delivered with 5 star service. Just when you think things can't get any better, The Ranch blends together the most decadent food combinations imaginable. Yes, they taste as good as they look, maybe even better, if that's even possible.
The service is almost as amazing as the food. Our server was able to not only make sure we were taken care of in a timely manner, he was extremely informative about where the wines came from, and why they had the names they did. It was a very enjoyable experience to be able to learn that the salmon taste so great because it was caught fresh only when they put the order in for it. And make sure to try the Ranch Vegetables, they are home grown and fantastic.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

When you think of "fine dining" in Southern California...you don't often think of Anaheim!
When my company told me we were going to dine in a "Country Western" - "Trendy" new restaurant in town called The Ranch...I thought to myself.."there are several other places I wish they could have chosen for our dinner together"! I was COMPLETELY surprised by this place! We were seated in a nice size private dining room..and pampered like 'visiting royality"! The wine stewart himself helped with wine suggestions..and knowledge of his extensive wine list. (best of the best!!) The food was amazing! My steak was done to perfection! The side dishes (my favorite was grilled artichoke!) were delicious... a specialty bread; "pop overs" were 'sinful"..and dessert ... over the top! (we shared bites of several..all wonderful)
We went inside the 'saloon' for a brief "look see"...and were surprised at the crowd on the dance floor dancing a group line dance! The place was packed!! Seriously..could have been Fort Worth - Billy Bob's rather than a Saloon in Anaheim!!!
my recommendation for good food and a good time!

1  Thank lakejoyjolee