“"Trendy" and Tasty!”

The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 861 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Colony
Cross street: State College
Transit: OCTA Route 46, Route 47
Carnation, Washington
“"Trendy" and Tasty!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

When you think of "fine dining" in Southern California...you don't often think of Anaheim!
When my company told me we were going to dine in a "Country Western" - "Trendy" new restaurant in town called The Ranch...I thought to myself.."there are several other places I wish they could have chosen for our dinner together"! I was COMPLETELY surprised by this place! We were seated in a nice size private dining room..and pampered like 'visiting royality"! The wine stewart himself helped with wine suggestions..and knowledge of his extensive wine list. (best of the best!!) The food was amazing! My steak was done to perfection! The side dishes (my favorite was grilled artichoke!) were delicious... a specialty bread; "pop overs" were 'sinful"..and dessert ... over the top! (we shared bites of several..all wonderful)
We went inside the 'saloon' for a brief "look see"...and were surprised at the crowd on the dance floor dancing a group line dance! The place was packed!! Seriously..could have been Fort Worth - Billy Bob's rather than a Saloon in Anaheim!!!
my recommendation for good food and a good time!

1 Thank lakejoyjolee

Moreno Valley, California
“Don't waste your time or money!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

First off I will say this ... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
The drinks are watered down and the tap beer does not taste like your called beer.
Here is our experience and why we will never go back!!!!

On their website they say no reservations can be made on line and to call the club for reservations. I called three weeks in advance to reserve tables for a party of 25 family and friends. I was told on the phone we could not make reservations over the phone but if we were to arrive when they first open the doors we could get in right away and grab whatever tables we needed because they work on a first come first served basis. Ok so get there early.. No Problem right? WRONG!
We arrived right when they opened the doors at 5:30 pm and EVERY TABLE WAS RESERVED! You could not find any tables at all. Every table had a reserved sign on it. They had about 9 stools against one wall at one end of the club by the restrooms. Hum!! What is going on here? Why are all these tables reserved and I was told you could not reserve a table.

One of our family members asked for a single table and they said "Let me check and see what I can do for you" as to say like you are some sort of VIP "I will be right back" Then they return saying they found the last table in the club due to a reservation cancelation and you can have it if you open a tab and post $150.00 to a credit card so if you do not reach the minimum they will charge you the whole $150.00. So with 3 stools per table that is a $50.00 minimum per bar stool.

We had set this party up with Invites and carpools for 25 close friends and family members. I then asked to speak to the manager. This is when the story gets good.
He told us that he could set up 9 tables and the cost would be $1500.00. That would be for 27 stools. That would be $55.00 per person. That is just to sit down. If we did not spend the full $1500.00 on food and drinks they would charge whatever we did not spend to the credit card that was on the running tab. Then he proceeded to tell us that "they will add a $300.00 tip to the $1500.00 reservation charge at the end of the night and if the tab is higher than the $1500.00... the tip would be adjusted for the amount we spend".
Enough was said. I told the manager "I would not spend another penny in this place" and we all left.
After speaking to the few of my friends that ordered drinks while I was working with the manager they all informed me that the drinks were really weak as if they put very little alcohol and the beer did not taste like the beer they asked for on tap.

I will say it again short and sweet... If you are looking to sit down and enjoy a night out for dinner and dancing go somewhere else unless you want to spend $150.00 Minimum per table.

Just stay away ... we will!

PS..........

The website says No Cover before 5:30. Well guess what time they open? Yep 5:30 so everyone pays a cover charge!!
Do the math ... 25 people walked in at $5.00 per person. They made $125.00 for us to walk in and leave after about 30 minutes of trying to get a table.... Thanks The Ranch! You sure know how to treat your customers.

5 Thank John A
Chicago, Illinois
“Holy Cow! Awesome food in an office building”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was pretty awkward getting dropped off at the Ranch and walking into an office building but what you see beyond the doors will amaze you. This restaurant was carefully designed and has the feel of an upscale ranch. The bar is very nice as is the whole restaurant. My friends and I tried the Mexican Shrimp appetizer and they were to die for. The bread that they bring out before the meal is excellent as well (try the bun with the jalapeno baked into it) I had a prime rim special cooked just right and the cheesecake for dessert. This meal is the best I've ever had in Anaheim and I'm here quite a bit. Service was top notch as well. Keep up the good work.

Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Five Star Dining in Corporate Building”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

As the saying goes, "Who knew?". In this case, plenty knew as both the restaurant and adjoining saloon/nightclub were packed. Classy atmosphere, tremendous service and excellent food.

The basket of bread they bring you in fantastic... warm and fresh. My date and I shared a grilled Castroville Artichoke as an appetizer, perfectly seasoned. We also shared the soup of the night, a wonderfully creamy pesto with North Carolina shrimp. For our entree we shared the 36 oz Cowboy Ribeye... amazing taste and cooked to perfection. Their homemade cinammon ice cream was the perfet ending to a wonderful meal.

Also, because we ate at the restaurant we were able to skip the line of their very popular adjoining saloon/nightclub. Classy and crowded, this venue hosts live country music on weekends with a large dance floor, an excellent sound system and 'Vegas style lighting.

An overall FUN night (yes, pricey as well but worth it) and I highly recommend The Ranch.

Rancho Mirage, California
“NICE DECOR EXCELLENT SERVICE AVERAGE FOOD”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We decided upon The Ranch Restaurant and Saloon for our Christmas day dinner based on the favorable reviews.
The decor waas quite good and the service was excellent however we were quite disappointed with the dinner itself.
The soup was quite good and we enjoyed it.
The "signature" popovers were bland and were it not for the excellent mango suce they would have been totally unacceptable.
The baked potatoe was also very good but the fish was small and except for the tasty crust we were totally disappointed

Overall we expected a lot more for the pricey menu albeit the service ,waiteress, busboy and dining room manager all lived up to the restaurants good reputation

• Visited December 2012