“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #96 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Yucca Valley
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a reservation for a first floor, non-smoking late check-in. We got there at 10:00 p.m. only to be told they had given the room to someone else and would have to take an upper floor. The problem with that is I am disabled and UNABLE to climb stairs. The only other room left was a smoking room that stunk like crazy! It was disgusting. The carpet was filthy, there were spiders in the bathroom and the whole place was just really dirty! We will NEVER stay at this Motel 6 EVER again. I recommend to all who read this go someplace else!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank garrettsmomrules

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

On 12/27/11 my family and I stayed at Motel 6 on Fullerton Avenue in Anaheim. During our stay a cockroach crawled out from under my pillow and they were crawling on the walls. The shower was not cleaned and the sheets were wrinkled and there was a large blood stain on the floor and underneeth the matresses.
The next day 12/28/11 we were going to Hollywood, we had reservations to stay at the Hollywood Tarzana, but since we had a terrible experience at the Motel 6 in Anaheim we decided to drive the 6 hours home.
Once at home I called Motel 6 in Hollywood Tarzana to cancel our reservations. We called after 4 PM and there policy states there is no refund if canceling after 4pm. The next couple of days we talked to the corporate office and the owner of Motel 6 at Hollywood Tarzana. The owner stated he would not refund the $157.98 do their policy. Now I am not saying we should walk away without paying something, but to not be willing to work with us to find a Win/Win situation was unreasonable. Unfortunately, this owner charged us the full amount and I consider this a Win/Lose situation.
Do to our experience with Motel 6 in the LA area I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Never to stay at a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Stay at The Staybridge Hotel, Very Clean; Super Nice staff.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KathyBasye

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Bay area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I booked a room for two nights because we were out there first for a school meeting and then for his tattoo appointment. When we booked the room it stated that the room have a microwave and a mini fridge. False statement because the room did not have neither but there was lots of space. Also, we asked for a non smoking room due to my allergies and asthma, but the sheets and bedding has holes, burn marks, and rips on it. It was disgusting that we slept on the bed without any blankets. The bed was clear of bed bugs but i spray bug spray in case. The positive thing about it was that the bathroom was clean and the drains was not clog. So if you're plaining to stay for the night, BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS AND BLANKETS.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YiKEs09
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Got late into LA, had no where booked, stopped off at the first motel we got to that was fairly close to Knotts Berry Farm. Place was a bit noisy being next to a busy freeway. But other than an okay place to stay for the night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
All Over The Silver State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

2004? That was the last review?
Anyway, this Motel 6 (one of many I've stayed in) is a mixed bag. Basically okay. Small room (expected). Noisy (lots of thumping, bumping, doors opening and closing, parking lot outside). Bad smells from the heat/fan system. Needed to borrow a plunger for the balky toilet. TV reception poor (may have been weather related).
Okay, now the good things. Freindly, helpful staff (the second day the toilet was fixed), Good location, next to freeway without freeway noise. Relatively inexpensive (Orange County - enough said) Good beds (although we had to settle for 2 doubles to get a downstairs room - it was raining heavily). Denny's next door.Wireless high speed internet available for $3 a day.
We were in town for an anniversary party, and were in the room mostly just to sleep.The smell was probably from filters that needed replacing. We never got around to telling the front desk.
All in all this Motel 6 was satisfactory if you know what to expect from the chain.
Oh, and no bedbugs.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NVRoaddog
Anaheim, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2004

I had to write this review to protect anyone else from staying at this hotel. My husband and I were getting our house tented for termites and needed a place that would take a pet.

So, we thought no big deal just one night we will stay at the motel6 in town. NOT A GOOD IDEA. My husband and I went to bed around 9pm and he woke up at 11pm and had to go to the bathroom. I thought I saw something run past my eye on my pillow. I jumped out of bed and yelled, "EWE! there is something in the bed." My husband came and killed the bug. Then he pulled back the covers and the bed was FILLED WITH BED BUGS. I didn't even know they really existed.

I called down to the front desk and they said, "Oh yes we have had this problem before." I said, "We want our money back and we are out of here!"

It was the grossest experience I ever had. I called the health department and they came and busted them the next day!!! Please NO ONE stay there. They have not renevated. They will need to tent and replace ALL THE BEDS. Ofcourse they don't want to spend the money.

Hope this protects future travelors!!!! Sincerely, J.M.

61 Thank JudyMort