“Great location”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for two nights before moving over to the Disneyland Hotel. It was a nice enough place, however there are other motels (namely the Tropicana, Camelot and Howard Johnson's) right near there I prefer.

Upon check in, they for some reason had us booked for two rooms. They got it fixed but it took awhile for them to sort out why this happened which was somewhat annoying. However, they were very nice and again, did get it fixed.

Our room was a mini suite, it was really not a suite but rather a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. Fine for our family of four, but I find the word "suite" a bit misleading. The bathroom area was nice and large and the room was spotless. We were on the backside of the hotel which afforded us a view of the nighttime fireworks from our walkway which was nice. The beds were comfortable, the towels were nice and thick and they had decent toiletries. Our room had a frig which was nice but no safe which I like to have.

The pool area is a joke, but given the fact that this motel is crammed into a very tight parking lot not surprising that it is so small. I am amazed they even put one in given the lack of space. It was just set in sort of in the parking lot and had zero personality to it. It was a place to take a dip but it has a capacity of literally about twenty people. There are other motels, nearby that have pools that are rooftop or have landscaping touches and are much nicer. This motel is about the location, the further walk up Harbor towards the freeway, may take anywhere from one to ten minutes depending on which one you stay at, but you will find much nicer pools.

Parking is really a problem here, the lot is very small, the spaces are really tight (my car isn't even that large) and you have very little chance of being near your room. Its good to find a space at all, ours was about as far from our room as you could possibley be. Again, I have stayed at several other places on Harbor and this one took the award for worst parking scenario.

My other peeve with this place is that they do not let you take items from the free breakfast back to your room. My husband normally goes to get a few muffins or danish to bring back for us as we get ready for our day in the park but they don't allow you to do that. Again, the other places I have stayed at right next door have no problem with this.

In all, while I liked our room and found the staff very nice, there are other places just as close that offer more for my family. I wouldn't not recommend this motel at all, but rather would recommend it with a few reservations.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank star64Colorado
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

Reviewed August 6, 2007

I have two complaints that I guess are my own fault. I didn't understand that a standard room for four people 2 adults and 2 children age 10 and 14 would be a king bed and a small loveseat pull out. The love seat pull out didn't accommodate both my boys. I should have asked more questions with booking. I should have stated two real beds! There was no changing once we arrived unless we wanted to move 4 days into our 6 day stay and pay and added 24 per day for another double bed. When asked how this could happen they told me it was on a first come first serve basis and I questioned that since we made reservation in Feb for July/Aug. I was told other guest had arrived before us in July and they got the rooms with two bed. What???

My other complaint is that since we were booked for 6 days we had no need for room service yet we were pestered, in my opinion each day by a phone message telling us they didn't clean our room due to the do not disturb sign on the door. They later began saying they would need to inspect the room since we had not had it cleaned during our stay. They said they needed to inspect to make sure we were not trashing the room. I found this unnecessary as I spoke with the desk on check in that we would not need the daily services. They inspected the room twice and found nothing.

The breakfast is a coupon to take across the alley to get donuts or cereal.

The distance from the main gate of Disneyland to the the hotel why we we chose this place but with the sleeping accomodations and the front desk hassles will cause us to look for another hotel a few more steps away from the main gate of Disneyland as there are plenty of choices.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Dianaore
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We chose this hotel after reading reviews about how close it was to Disneyland. We were traveling with a toddler and knew that going back to the hotel for a mid day nap would probably be necessary. We loved the fact that we could leave the park and walk back to the hotel quicker then getting to a car in the parking lot! The room itself was spacious and as good as can be expected for the price. Overall I would say if you want to be close this is the place for you. If you want luxury, you may want to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
16  Thank ginbug6117
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Out of all the reviews I read and locations I scouted for our recent stay at Disneyland...this was by far the BEST and most convenient hotel! We only had to walk 400 yards and we were in the Parks!

The room was huge; much larger than most hotel rooms, even one with the added sofa area. The bathroom area was large also and had enough room for both luggage stands to hold both our suitcases. Everything looked fairly new and the staff was friendly and helpful. BUT, request a room on the North side of the complex to be away from the noise from the restaurant next door; so you are not woken up each morning at 6 a.m. by delivery trucks.

The only short-comings for this hotel are the parking, internet access and the "free breakfast". There are enough spaces for one car per room; but if you have a car larger than a mid-size SUV, be prepared to make several attempts to fit in a spot. There are speed bumps throughout the parking area, and one day I tripped on one because the paint was faded. After telling the front-desk, she had men out there painting all fresh lines within ten minutes!

As for the internet access....my Wi-Fi just wouldn't work in our room, but did in the Lobby...an inconvenience at night when you have children. They do have a computer kiosk in the Lobby that you can pay for so many minutes and you are able to check email or check-in for your flights and print your boarding passes...for about $5 you get ten minutes.

Lastly...the free breakfast is next door at the neighboring restaurant. My son and I decided to eat dinner there our first night and up until then we had always eaten the same things. The decor is dated and not as clean as I would like when I am out to eat...and within 30 minutes of dinner, my son was sick and vomitting which we could only attribute to the food as he was okay the next morning and I was never sick. So, we never used our coupon vouchers to eat there again!

We will definately stay there if we ever go back to Disneyland as other places to eat were within walking distance and you just can't get a cleaner room closer to the Park entrances!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
18  Thank xmascookie
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Stayed 4 nights.The hotel is rundown and definately in need of a facelift.The location is good,but that is about all it has going for it.The continental breakfast is served in the adjoining Captain Kidds.It is a disgusting filthy place,and Best Western would do itself a favor to disassociate itself from this place.Overall you can do much better for your money

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank daveKamloops
Reviewed July 13, 2007

I stayed here in Nov 06 with my husband and two young children. It is without a doubt the best place to stay if you want to be close to Disneyland without paying a fortune. The hotel is located directly across the road from the main entrance to Disneyland. As our children were only 6 & 4, we loved that we could easily go back to the hotel mid afternoon for a rest / lunch before heading back to Disneyland for more fun.
The room was very clean and had a fridge and microwave. The king size bed was huge and very comfortable and the sofa bed for the kids was also a good size. There was free wi-fi and free parking, and also laundry facilities and a pool. The complimentary breakfast was at Captain Kidds right next to the hotel. There was plenty of good food, which included cereals, toast, bagels, donuts, fruit, juice, tea & coffee. The hotel is also surrounded by plenty of family friendly places to eat and because it is so close to Disneyland, it is easy, convenient and much cheaper to buys meals out of the park! Also, there is a huge supermarket only 5 mins away by car.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Disneyland. It was a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank adelaidemum
Reviewed July 12, 2007

We have always stayed at the Disney properties, with this exception. We found this hotel very comfortable, CLOSER than any of the 3 Disney properties, and you can't beat the price. Comparing what we used to pay for our hotels at Disney, we now save more than 75% which gives us the opportunity to spend more at the parks and have a better time. We would have given this review an "excellent", but the parking situation can get hectic. It can get ridiculous trying to find a parking space, but if you get there early, you should be OK. Continental breakfast is OK. If you are really hungry, go to McDonalds, which is two doors down.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family