We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for two nights before moving over to the Disneyland Hotel. It was a nice enough place, however there are other motels (namely the Tropicana, Camelot and Howard Johnson's) right near there I prefer.
Upon check in, they for some reason had us booked for two rooms. They got it fixed but it took awhile for them to sort out why this happened which was somewhat annoying. However, they were very nice and again, did get it fixed.
Our room was a mini suite, it was really not a suite but rather a room with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. Fine for our family of four, but I find the word "suite" a bit misleading. The bathroom area was nice and large and the room was spotless. We were on the backside of the hotel which afforded us a view of the nighttime fireworks from our walkway which was nice. The beds were comfortable, the towels were nice and thick and they had decent toiletries. Our room had a frig which was nice but no safe which I like to have.
The pool area is a joke, but given the fact that this motel is crammed into a very tight parking lot not surprising that it is so small. I am amazed they even put one in given the lack of space. It was just set in sort of in the parking lot and had zero personality to it. It was a place to take a dip but it has a capacity of literally about twenty people. There are other motels, nearby that have pools that are rooftop or have landscaping touches and are much nicer. This motel is about the location, the further walk up Harbor towards the freeway, may take anywhere from one to ten minutes depending on which one you stay at, but you will find much nicer pools.
Parking is really a problem here, the lot is very small, the spaces are really tight (my car isn't even that large) and you have very little chance of being near your room. Its good to find a space at all, ours was about as far from our room as you could possibley be. Again, I have stayed at several other places on Harbor and this one took the award for worst parking scenario.
My other peeve with this place is that they do not let you take items from the free breakfast back to your room. My husband normally goes to get a few muffins or danish to bring back for us as we get ready for our day in the park but they don't allow you to do that. Again, the other places I have stayed at right next door have no problem with this.
In all, while I liked our room and found the staff very nice, there are other places just as close that offer more for my family. I wouldn't not recommend this motel at all, but rather would recommend it with a few reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn and Mini Suites is located at the pedestrian crosswalk for the "Happiest Place on Earth". We offer a gift shop, 24 -hour front desk, and an outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Outdoor parking is also available for one vehicle per room, at nominal rate of $10 per night, with the benefit of parking up until 3:00 pm the day of departure. Start your morning off right with a complimentary breakfast. Enjoy a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and free Wi-Fi in your room. Book a stay today at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn and Mini Suites for a magical and unforgettable trip to Disneyland(R)! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn And Mini Suites
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Mini Hotel Anaheim
- Best Western Anaheim
- Best Western Park Place Inn Anaheim California
- Best Western In Anaheim Ca
- Anaheim Best Western
- Best Western Park Place Inn Mini Suite