“just a walk to the park”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 6, 2005

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and it was wonderful. Check in was fast and I was able to check in a couple hours early. It was an easy walk to Disneyland and downtown disney. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Soaked in the spa at night prior to going to sleep. You cant beat this place for the price and location. The only thing that I would like to see changed is the darkness of the room decor. Brown tropical wallpaper made the room seem dark even with the light on, but then I didnt spend much time in my room except to sleep.

7  Thank mooselover1

Reviewed October 4, 2005

My boyfriend and I have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Best Western Park Place. We found it to be clean, comfortable and in a perfect location. It was so nice, after a long day of walking around Disney, to leave the park and almost be able to see our hotel from the exit gates. It was seriously about a two minute walk. No waiting for a crowded shuttle for us! The rooms were tastefully decorated (although seemed a little dark) and my only complaint was the shower heads as others have stated. They aren't fit for anybody over 5 feet tall!!
They offer a free continental breakfast, which although was nothing fancy, definetely gave us a good start to the day and saved us alot of money. We went to IHOP next door one morning for a change and came out $ 28 poorer! Add that up over a week and that's a good chunk of change. They offer bagels,danishes, apples, oranges,cold cereal, toast, coffee and juice. We found it to be very crowded from about 9-9:45 (just before the park opens) so go earlier if you can or wait until about 9:45am.
We also rented a car from the car rental place right in the hotel. It wasn't the cheapest ( Avis at $26 per day was the cheapest we found) but it was the most convenient as we had left arrangemants until the last minute.
The car was nice and we got 2 days for the price of 1.
The pool was pretty small and almost always full of kids. It seemed to be pretty quiet around 10am and 5pm. I don't think it was heated and I never personally went in. Nice, clean area surrounding pool looked like a great place to relax.
Check in was quick and effecient but without warmth. No smile or friendly greeting. We asked lots of direction type questions and got fairly decent replies. Depended on who was at the desk. Check out took about 20 seconds. Not bad service at all, just sort of .....cool.
The transit bus is also right across the street, there is a mini mart in the hotel next door and the airport shuttle (LAX) drops you off and picks you up right outside the door. I would definetley stay here again!

8  Thank rockyroach
Reviewed September 27, 2005

We just got back from a 4 nights stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn and overall had a great stay. The room we had was large enough for us 3 adults and the 2 kids. The room had 2 beds and a pullout as well as a little area for a crib to go so it was not in the way. The service at the hotel was fantastic from the front desks agents to the housekeepers to the maintance staff that delievered our crib. It was so close to the parks that it made it easier to travel with the kids (one less bus for them to scream on!) My only complaints and they are minor, are that the shower head is way to low so be prepared to do some bending in the shower. The other is you can hear ever footstep that is taken outside of your room, and if there are children running (and trust me there always is) then it is super loud. Over all our stay was great. I do have one warning though..... the restaurant at the hotel(Captain Kids) is terribly over priced and the buffet looked gross, we walked in took a look and walk out again. The is an IHOP right next door and a Denny's on the other side so I would take advantage of those and the service can't be beat.

I would defiantly stay at the Park Place Inn again though!

1  Thank HockeyRulesMyLife
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We just got back from our one week vacation in Anaheim. We stayed at the BW Park Place Inn and Suites and it was perfect for us! Like the other posters said the location cannot be beat as it is right across from the main gates. This came in handy for when we took our afternoon break. We were able to be back at the hotel from Disney in a matter of minutes. The pool was perfect for our children aged 3 and 6 as it's not too big and shallow enough at the one end for both children to swim alone.

The staff was very nice and always pleasant when I asked the "touristy" questions. The housekeeping staff cleaned the room well and always left us with enough towels for all of us.

We were on the third floor which was great as it was above any noise but it is Disney and there are kids. I think this is great to have such a child friendly hotel...it makes for a wonderful vacation.

We paid $92 for the mini suite but that gave us a fridge and a microwave which came in handy for leftovers and snacks. The breakfast was fine for our family. It certainly saved us some money not having to pay for that extra meal everyday.

Parking was not a problem for us but we were there on the off season. I did see secruity looking at cars for proper parking permits as well as checking around the grounds at nightime.

Overall when we go back we will definately stay here again. Loved the location, staff, room and pool!

Happy travels

7  Thank vacationpls
A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed September 19, 2005

We spent 2 days at this hotel before moving into the park for Disneyland. The last time we were in Anaheim we stayed by the park also even tho we were going to the beach before Disneyland, well the traffic was horrible this time along with the construction in the area, so do not stay close to the park if you want to do a day or two at the beach. Our room was great it was HUGE. 2 beds plus the pull out couch tons of room. The only problem was if you are sleeping and Disneyland lets out at midnight you have some very excited and noisy children. Both nights we were woke up by different children trying to open the door to the adjoining room. The first night wasn't so bad, but the second night not only was the child loud Mom wasn't so quiet either, however the front desk was courteous and pompt and took care of the situation within minutes. I guess if I had to stay here again I would only if I were going to Disney too, but I am one of those moms who doesn't keep her children up past midnight either. It was a great hotel but I think staying in the park and paying twice the amount was easier and quieter. All in all if you and your children are nightowls and you don't mind about an hour of noise around midnight or 1am then this is definetly the hotel for you.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2005

Great Location - a 5 minute walk to Disneyland. We were on the top floor in the back and it was nice and quiet. We didn't have problems with parking since we arrived on a Wednesday and didn't use the car during our stay. The continental breakfast was ok. It's self serve so it's quick. Pancakes downstairs were better. Check-in and check-out was quick and friendly.

Cons: Carpet was filthy. My son's socks were black within 30 minutes. Cleaning staff that you see as you're walking by are not friendly looking at all. Not even a smile.

2  Thank olyCA
Reviewed September 6, 2005

You can never go wrong with a Best Western, but this hotel for Disneyland travelers is great! Literally, across the street, which allows extra time to rest and time to leave the parks, yet go back without missing anything. Go for the continental breakfast because it includes cereal as well as fruit; with the waffles everything is extra. But it really is the location that makes this hotel a bargain. Our only problem was that its parking spaces were too small for the SUVs parking in them. You have to be a really skinny Minnie to get into your vehicle!

Stayed: August 2005