“Terrible Service”

Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Perth, Australia
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed May 10, 2005

We first stayed at the Park Place on April 9th 2005 after staying here last year. We stayed one night and returned again April 28th for four more nights. The first night was uneventful and the front office staff were very polite and helpful. In fact the young man suggested to us that we pre book our return rooms (we had two), which he very nicely did for us. We made note of the room no's and left to tour the USA.

On arrival back at this hotel we interupted the desk clerk's telephone conversation and with no greeting from her at all were told that they did not pre book rooms especially if you booked with Expedia. Yes STRIKE US DOWN we booked with EXPEDIA. All of our Hotel rooms in the entire USA were booked with Expedia and we were never treated this badly by any other hotel.

We were given rooms overlooking the pool and the childrens room was on the oposite side of the hotel to ours. As we had prepaid we did contemplate forfeiting and going to the Marriot but decided that such bad service should not be rewarded. We did not however use the reception again until checkout, the checkout staff were very polite.

We have complained to Best Western Head Office and their response is they are looking into it. Nevertheless we would not stay here again, unfortunately it's closeness to Disney ensures it is full most of the time and they do not need to make any effort to remedy problems.

17 Thank Aussie08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orland Park, IL
Reviewed April 29, 2005

Great location for Disneyland. Very clean rooms, plenty of room. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Laundry on-site, which was great. Staff was friendly, helpful. Would definitely stay here again. Pool is very small, but that is the only negative.

7 Thank Joellyn H
Reviewed April 29, 2005

We just stayed in the BW for 4 nights / 5 days. We have 2 adults and 2 young kids.

The BW is the closest hotel to Disney. Right outside the Disney entrance. About 2-3 minutes to Disney's security check-point. The hotel is a bit old and small. Parking is tight. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a mini-suite (2 Queen size beds and one sofa bed, one bathroom, one fridge, one TV). The hotel has a small pool and spa (we did not use it). The free breakfast is offered in the resturant next to the hotel, 20 steps away.

The room and bathroom is very clean. Everything is in nice order. House-keeping does a great job. The front-end is quick for check-in and check-out. They even called me at night informing me that my car's inside light was ON. That was nice. We have NO problem with hot-water, fridge, bed, door, noise, security, safety or anything at all. This is definitely NOT a 5-star hotel, and I would rate it as a top-end 3-star hotel.

Since it is so close to Disney, and it is in good shape, I will definitely recommend it for family's Disney vacations.

-- Mike

18 Thank my8286432
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2005

We just returned last night from 5 nights at the Park Place Inn. Like everyone else has said the location absolutely cannot be beat. The last thing I wanted to do after a long day at Disney was drag myself and 3 hot, tired, hungry kids on a shuttle to a hotel. The room was great, nothing fancy but very clean. We had the 2 queens with the pull out and it suited our family of 5 fine. My only complaint would be the height of the shower head. I am only 5'4 and felt like I had to stoop down to wash my hair. If I raised it up, water sprayed all over the wall and on the floor. The pool was small, but our kids still thought it was fine. The room was very quiet we didn't hear much noise at all and at night if we stepped outside of our 3rd floor room, we could see the fireworks over at Disneyland. The front desk staff was friendly enough, we only checked in and out, we didn't require anything else. We only used the breakfast coupons twice mostly for coffee and juice and a quick bowl of cereal for the kids. The room comes with a mini fridge and micro, so we purchased some snacks to have on hand (carrots, string cheese, apples, instant oatmeal cups etc) to supplement the minimal options at the breakfast. Each day we would walk down to Mimi's cafe for an early dinner/late lunch. That way we beat the crowds and our party of 9 only had to wait a max of 15 minutes for a table. And that is great when it seems like all you do is stand in lines all day!! They have lots of options, very reasonably priced, huge portions (we would either share a meal or take leftovers home and keep in the fridge for later or the next day) and terrific service. We went to Disneyland last year and stayed at the Candy Cane which was fine, but this experience was so much nicer and more pleasant I will definately return to the Park Place Inn.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
utah
Reviewed April 25, 2005

It's not fancy; there's no room service, doors are external, the pool is small, and the tub in the bathroom is narrow, with a low shower head. BUT...it's squeaky clean. The pool and hot tub are nice, even though they're small, the fridge is a good size, the continental breakfast is fine, pretty much par for the course (muffins, cereal, toast, juice, etc). We were on the north side, 2nd floor, in a minisuite, and it was quiet and convenient. I felt safe staying here, and I can't emphasize enough how very clean it was. Good family atmosphere, and the location can't be beat. Free parking, helpful staff. They directed us to pizza places and grocery stores, replaced our lost breakfast vouchers, accommodated our slightly late checkout, and responded promptly to our requests. I would definitely stay here again, and probably will!

10 Thank chazcrew
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2005

A friend and I stayed here for one night on April 22nd, 2005. I booked my stay online through the Best Western website. I was very happy to get a hotel right across the street from Disneyland. I requested a non-smoking room, since I dont smoke, and neither does my friend.

We were coming from another hotel in Los Angeles and checked in around 8am. I mainly just wanted to park the car and get across the street to start my Disney Day! I was informed by the lady at the desk, that there were no more non-smoking room, and I would be given a smoking room. I asked since it was so early, and I didnt need the room right now, if they would have some open up. She said she wasnt sure, but most likely. They said if not, they would spray some air freshener in the room to make it smell better. I was confident they could place me in a non smoking room, as SOMEONE would probably have checked out that day.

I went to Disneyland and had a blast. After a while I called the hotel to ask if they had any non smoking rooms available. I was told by a desk service member, that there were no non smoking rooms available, and that I would be given a smoking room. I then politely told them that I couldnt sleep in a smoking room as I am not a smoker. I then asked if I could get a refund if the room was unsleepable. He told me to hold on while he talked to the manager. When he came back, he told me that they would be able to upgrade me to a non smoking room with two queen beds for no extra charge. I thanked him very much for his trouble, and went on my way. I definately believe that I would have gotten nothing if I was rude. I was nice, polite and thanked him for taking the time to check for me. It makes ALL the difference in the world when you are nice when you ask for something.

When I got to the hotel, and talked to the desk clerk to get my room, I was tired and happy to be getting to bed. We got to the room, and saw immediately that it was a ADA (handicapped) room. It was spacious, and the bathroom shower had a detachable head, which I believe all hotels should have!

All in all, I was happy with the stay. The hotel desk clerks were always helpful and cheerful. The breakfast was meager to say the least so we went downstairs to the restaurant and ordered the breakfast buffet. It was good, and filling and was only $8.00.

The beds were very comfortable, and I slept better there than I had the entire week. I would definately recommend the Park Place Inn and Mini Suites.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed April 17, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed from the 8-13 Apr. Mini-Suite was just right for us. It was clean and well kept. Staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast ( toast, 2 types of ceral, fruit ) was okay for a couple of days. Try Millies down the street at Fairfields. The pool and hot tub was a great way to end the day, or, since we were so close to DL, it made a nice mid day break. Shower head was low, 5 1/2 feet, maybe. A/C was quiet and worked well. We enjoyed our stay.

5 Thank cmscms66