“Great Experience”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2005

We just returned last night from 5 nights at the Park Place Inn. Like everyone else has said the location absolutely cannot be beat. The last thing I wanted to do after a long day at Disney was drag myself and 3 hot, tired, hungry kids on a shuttle to a hotel. The room was great, nothing fancy but very clean. We had the 2 queens with the pull out and it suited our family of 5 fine. My only complaint would be the height of the shower head. I am only 5'4 and felt like I had to stoop down to wash my hair. If I raised it up, water sprayed all over the wall and on the floor. The pool was small, but our kids still thought it was fine. The room was very quiet we didn't hear much noise at all and at night if we stepped outside of our 3rd floor room, we could see the fireworks over at Disneyland. The front desk staff was friendly enough, we only checked in and out, we didn't require anything else. We only used the breakfast coupons twice mostly for coffee and juice and a quick bowl of cereal for the kids. The room comes with a mini fridge and micro, so we purchased some snacks to have on hand (carrots, string cheese, apples, instant oatmeal cups etc) to supplement the minimal options at the breakfast. Each day we would walk down to Mimi's cafe for an early dinner/late lunch. That way we beat the crowds and our party of 9 only had to wait a max of 15 minutes for a table. And that is great when it seems like all you do is stand in lines all day!! They have lots of options, very reasonably priced, huge portions (we would either share a meal or take leftovers home and keep in the fridge for later or the next day) and terrific service. We went to Disneyland last year and stayed at the Candy Cane which was fine, but this experience was so much nicer and more pleasant I will definately return to the Park Place Inn.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
utah
Reviewed April 25, 2005

It's not fancy; there's no room service, doors are external, the pool is small, and the tub in the bathroom is narrow, with a low shower head. BUT...it's squeaky clean. The pool and hot tub are nice, even though they're small, the fridge is a good size, the continental breakfast is fine, pretty much par for the course (muffins, cereal, toast, juice, etc). We were on the north side, 2nd floor, in a minisuite, and it was quiet and convenient. I felt safe staying here, and I can't emphasize enough how very clean it was. Good family atmosphere, and the location can't be beat. Free parking, helpful staff. They directed us to pizza places and grocery stores, replaced our lost breakfast vouchers, accommodated our slightly late checkout, and responded promptly to our requests. I would definitely stay here again, and probably will!

10 Thank chazcrew
Reviewed April 24, 2005

A friend and I stayed here for one night on April 22nd, 2005. I booked my stay online through the Best Western website. I was very happy to get a hotel right across the street from Disneyland. I requested a non-smoking room, since I dont smoke, and neither does my friend.

We were coming from another hotel in Los Angeles and checked in around 8am. I mainly just wanted to park the car and get across the street to start my Disney Day! I was informed by the lady at the desk, that there were no more non-smoking room, and I would be given a smoking room. I asked since it was so early, and I didnt need the room right now, if they would have some open up. She said she wasnt sure, but most likely. They said if not, they would spray some air freshener in the room to make it smell better. I was confident they could place me in a non smoking room, as SOMEONE would probably have checked out that day.

I went to Disneyland and had a blast. After a while I called the hotel to ask if they had any non smoking rooms available. I was told by a desk service member, that there were no non smoking rooms available, and that I would be given a smoking room. I then politely told them that I couldnt sleep in a smoking room as I am not a smoker. I then asked if I could get a refund if the room was unsleepable. He told me to hold on while he talked to the manager. When he came back, he told me that they would be able to upgrade me to a non smoking room with two queen beds for no extra charge. I thanked him very much for his trouble, and went on my way. I definately believe that I would have gotten nothing if I was rude. I was nice, polite and thanked him for taking the time to check for me. It makes ALL the difference in the world when you are nice when you ask for something.

When I got to the hotel, and talked to the desk clerk to get my room, I was tired and happy to be getting to bed. We got to the room, and saw immediately that it was a ADA (handicapped) room. It was spacious, and the bathroom shower had a detachable head, which I believe all hotels should have!

All in all, I was happy with the stay. The hotel desk clerks were always helpful and cheerful. The breakfast was meager to say the least so we went downstairs to the restaurant and ordered the breakfast buffet. It was good, and filling and was only $8.00.

The beds were very comfortable, and I slept better there than I had the entire week. I would definately recommend the Park Place Inn and Mini Suites.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed April 17, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed from the 8-13 Apr. Mini-Suite was just right for us. It was clean and well kept. Staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast ( toast, 2 types of ceral, fruit ) was okay for a couple of days. Try Millies down the street at Fairfields. The pool and hot tub was a great way to end the day, or, since we were so close to DL, it made a nice mid day break. Shower head was low, 5 1/2 feet, maybe. A/C was quiet and worked well. We enjoyed our stay.

5 Thank cmscms66
Reviewed April 16, 2005

I took my daughter to Disneyland for her 10th birthday and we stayed at the BW Park Place Inn. I wasn't extremely happy with the room but am glad we ended up staying. The staff is wonderful, the room was always clean and the best part was that we got a great FREE breakfast every morning-even pancakes if you want them and my daughter ate for free with every meal I paid for myself. We saved a ton of money on food. There was one particular employee and I wish I knew her name to give her credit but she helps at the breakfast bar in the mornings. She was wonderful and picked up on our morning habits which included bringing us a pitcher of ice cold water for our platypus backpack every morning. My daughter loved the pool because it wasn't overwhelmingly large and I liked it for the hot tub attached where I could sit and relax and watch her swim. With all the walking you do it makes a huge difference staying directly across the street. We returned last year in April again and wouldn't stay anywhere else-our favorite morning employee greeted us (she remembered us!) and my daughter couldn't wait to get back into HER pool. Stay on the ground level as close to the pool as possible and have fun!

• Stayed April 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
calgary
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Chose this hotel based on the reviews on this site. Wanted a hotel that was close to Disney and this was certainly the place! We were back and forth a few times a day and as we had 5 day passes we often commented that we were happy to be so very close. It is quite simply the closest hotel. The rooms were not luxurious but we did not expect that. They were large with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Lots of room for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. The fridge and microwave were also very useful. It was nice to have the sink area outside the bathroom. Lots of towels (6 large towels every day). Maid service was always prompt. People have commented that the breakfasts were very basic ( not too much to eat if you happened to be on a no - carb diet!). But enough to keep you going for a while. We found the desk to be very friendly and helpful. We had rented a car and did not experience any parking problems (as some others suggested) although it was full for the several days we stayed. I asked for a room on top floor near front and that is just what we received. The kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just because its most excellent location (and it is a solid 3.5 star hotel - do not expect more - or less).

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank saw
Fowler, California
Reviewed April 12, 2005

This was a great place to stay. It was so close to the front entrance gate. 3 minute walk to either California Adventure or Disneyland. Room was not great but it was very clean. Shower was made for a short person. Refridgerator and microwave was a nice touch and came in handy. Other resturants were real close and convient.

Free breakfast is nothing to rave about but hey it is free and kept us full until lunch.

Overall I will stay here the next time we go to Disneyland for vacation due to the convience.

Stayed April 2005