“Great Value!”

Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 4, 2005

A good solid 4 stars out of 5. Stayed at the BW Park Place for 5 nights at the end of March and found it to be a great value. Booked the 2 Queen/Sofa Mini-Suite for $125/night AAA rate. The room was large and well laid out, easily accomodating 2 adults and 2 teenagers (17 and 15). Both Maintenance and Housekeeping kept the room immaculately clean. As many have said, you can't beat the location. Right at the crosswalk to Disneyland, 5 min walk to the gates. The pool is just okay, although the hot tub was a welcome destination after hauling around the parks all day. The complimentary continental breakfast was nothing to rave about: danish, toast, bagels, 2 kinds of cold cereal, apples/oranges, but the coffee was hot. No frills, just enough to get you going for the morning. Found the front desk and gift shop staff to be excellent. Helped us book some tours and were very friendly. Had a fast response from Maintenance when we had to call them out for a plugged (and overflowing) toilet at 8:00 PM one night. I'd book here again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 2, 2005

We decided to stay an extra night and the hotel we were at was booked so I walked down the street and was able to get a room at the BW Park Place. I was greeted, (if you want to call it that) by a girl who looked and acted as if the last place on earth she wanted to be was at work behind the counter. When asking for a room I took what I could get on such short notice, a King sized bed with pull out couch. I asked for the price and then asked if I could get a discount with my AAA card, no response, I had to ask three times if there was a discount until I got a response. When we got to the room we found a foul odor as the sink was backed up, called the front desk and someone came within 5 min to fix it. For the location it’s fantastic but for the price and lack of a comp breakfast I can get a better deal in either direction down the street. I don’t think I will stay there again.

5  Thank Mark P
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Stayed here for 4 nights in early March. Could not fault this place. Front desk staff were fine and the location was fantastic. Walked over to Downtown Disney at night and felt perfectly safe coming home late. Free continental breakfast was handy and did the job. Room was simple and clean. Would definately return.

Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank sarahSK
Reviewed March 23, 2005

This hotel is a 5 minute or so walk to the Disneyland turnstiles. That is the biggest plus. If you have small children who nap, it is perfect to return to the room during the day so that they can decompress. I would suggest that you leave the "maid please clean this room sign", though, on the door in the morning so that your room is clean when you return. Our maid came at 7:00p.m. We got a King room which came with a fold out sofa and table. It was a good clean larger room. The continental breakfast is really o.k. - nothing special, but then it's free. If you don't want to spend a lot and want a hot breakfast, walk to the McDonald's, which is a 2 minute walk or for a fun breakfast or lunch, go to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney (costs the same or less as Disney take out). Save some money by visiting the close market and loading up on bevs and snacks for your room and Disney. I read some reviews that trashed the front desk personnel, but I found them to be really friendly and let us check in at 10:00 a.m. I think that most people are as nice to you as you are to them, for the most part. We got our room for $59.00 a night. It wasn't off of a pay in advance, or name your price site. I can't list the link or they won't print this review. Think Stovall.

6  Thank elisse
Reviewed March 10, 2005

My family stayed here for 6 nights February 19-25. I originally booked the Ramada Maingate but cancelled it after the horrible reviews. I got a great rate on Hotels ($85 a night) then upgraded to a mini suite when we got there. I'm glad I did! We spent more time here than anticipated due to all the rainstorms!! (Tip-if it rains go to INNOVENTIONS next to Autotopia in Tomorrowland-a great indoor playground with lots & lots of things to do-computer games etc. In California Adventure the Animation Building is a fun place to wait out the rain) My 8 year old son loved sleeping on the sofa bed and having a play/eating area separate from the beds was a plus. One night it was raining so hard so we just had chinese food delivered to the room for $30( Changs or Choys I think)! Cheapest meal of the week!! The microwave and refrigerater was nice to have for our long stay. We stayed here a few years ago and loved the location! Just steps from the main crosswalk. We stayed at the Fairfield Marriott 2 years ago which was nicer but after a long day of walking miles-its nice to be so close!The hotel and grounds are not anything fancy here but everything was always clean!! Our rooms were quiet even though it was a busy holiday week. The breakfast is not anything fancy but it is FREE. After Disneyland food prices-anything FREE is good! My kids were fine with cereal, bagel and juice. I put some apples in my bag for a midmorning snack and it held them over to lunch. This allowed us to splurge on the charachter meals. Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen is always a must for the kids(Tip-Lots of charachters come to you-always a princess or 2 and NOT standing in line for autographs is PRICELESS). My daughter and I had breakfast with the Disney Princesses and we all had lunch at Ariel's Grotto with Captain Mickey (No Ariel is there).The pool is small but big enough for the kids to have fun. They kept wanting to leave Disneyland to swim in the pool! We'll be back!

19  Thank go2sun
Reviewed March 6, 2005

We stayed at this property last Thursday and Friday nights. We got in too early Thursday morning so a room wasn't ready, so we dropped of our luggage and went for a light breakfast at Downtown Disney. Actually we flew from Albuquerque to LAX and got to Disney about an hour and a half before the parks opened. Anyway, the room was nice and tidy, until about 5 am on Friday, when I noticed than the upstairs toilet was leaking down into our bathroom. The front office lady immediately changed our room, and later that day the manager left us a message that they would discount our room 50% for our inconvenience. Depending on which room you get, it may be a bit noisy because of all the excited kids running around, but we dealt with it. The continental breakfast is nothing spectacular, but adequate to get one started.

Would we stay there again? Probably...we got a $79 rate and I have seen it as low as $59...in spite of the room problem, management won us over with their concern with our comfort. Will definitely check it out next trip.

SteveR

• Stayed: March 2005
15  Thank slruud
Reviewed March 5, 2005

First night at this hotel we stayed at room 202 and it sucked. It was above the lobby right next to the noisy Harbor boulevard. Some smells of fried food came to our room from the restaurant next door. The room was small, dark and cramped. We had to turn on the noisy AC to be able to sleep from all the traffic noise. The next day we upgraded to a mini-suite for $15 more a night. It was great. The suite was on the third floor of the building next door. We had two double beds and a pull out couch. There was plenty of space and the room was very quiet. I thought it was great value for being just across the street from Disneyland. All the suites on that floor are probably like that and are numbers 303, 304 etc... Also be aware of being in a room right next to the pool. The pool was full of kids late at night even though it was raining.

• Stayed: February 2005