“Wondeful Location”

Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Singapore
“Wondeful Location”
Reviewed January 10, 2005

Excellent Location to Disneyland. For the price it is a good place to stay as it is just directly across disney land. The rooms are ok, relatively clean but a bit dull. The breakfast is limited but sufficient to prepare oneself for a day at Disneyland. Beside it there is Captain Kidd, IHOP, Denny's and Tony's Roma. I would give IHOP a miss and Denny's seems to be of good value. However, for better food it would be good to make a short drive to The Block of Orange.

5 Thank Ivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
lincoln, ca
Reviewed January 7, 2005

We are about a 7 hour drive to disneyland, so we go there 3 or 4 times a year (Tried counting, I think it's been 26 times in 8 years). I have stayed in most of the hotels that are walking distance to the park, and this is the best one (Excluding the Disney hotels). We stayed at the Park Place Dec. 26th-30th 2004. The only hotels I would choose over this on return trips would be the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier (probably not, they cost too much). It seemed to me that The best western is a shorter walk to the park than the Disneyland Hotel. The Best Western Park Place is a GREAT deal! The price was right, it is very, very close to the park, the rooms are decent sized & clean. I love that they have microwaves and refridgerators in all the rooms. The staff of the hotel is wonderful. I needed to buy cold medicine and their gift store was closed but the girl working at the front desk unlocked the gift shop and let me get what I needed. Our room was cleaned right after we left in the mornings, so that was nice when I would go back to the room for my daughters naptime. I had bought a really nice necklace and left it in the room after we checked out. It was brand new, still in the box with the price tag and receipt. I didn't notice I had left it until the next day. I figured it would be gone and I was out my $100 I paid for it. Luckily for me, they have honest people working for them in their housekeeping department. It was turned in to their boss, and they mailed it to me. I am so thankful for that! We will be staying there on future trips. It is myself, my husband and 2 daughters (3 & 5 years). We always get the king room (king bed for us and sofa bed for the girls). The difference in the rooms is a queen room is 2 queen beds, a king room is king bed & sofa bed, and the mini suite is 2 queen beds with a sofa bed. I have stayed in all 3 of their different room types and prefer the king room for our size family. The sofa bed is much lower to the ground than a regular bed so I didn't worry about my 3 year old falling out. They all have fridges and microwaves but the king room seemed more spacious.

15 Thank boris53098
Reviewed January 5, 2005

We have stayed in high end hotels in the past when visiting Disneyland, but this time we opted for location, the ability to walk right into the park....no wasting valuable time waiting for shuttles, having our own schedule, not someone else's. We picked this property because of its location. Before I booked our reservation, I read the 'tripadvisor' website and I was very pleased with the comments from other travelers. For sure, this is the best, most convenient location. I was pleasantly surprised at the room also, expecting to find a run of the mill, worn, well trafficed room. However, our room was cute, clean and spacious! The lobby was attractive also and the staff was courteous and friendly. If I had to give a negative comment, it would be that when I requested a 'quiet room' when making the reservation, we were put in the room farthest away from the lobby. This defeated the purpose of selecting the motel for its closeness to the park entrance. Next time I would make sure we had a room a lot closer! The parking is very tight also, unless you park way in the back. As far as food, we tried the pancake/continental breakfast once, the nearby McDonalds once, the IHop once ...(of all the IHops we've eaten at, this was a mistake!-greasy and unfriendly help...probably because they are so busy), but the other mornings, we decided to wait and eat inside the park. But I still think the location of the motel is what is important.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2004

We stayed here October 31- November 5, 2004. This was our family's first trip to Disneyland, and after hours of research looking for a hotel we settled on the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites. The price was excellent, and the location couldn't be any closer. The rooms were immaculate, I even noticed the maids wiping down the outside door handles and vending machines. The fridge was good sized, perfect for freezing bottles of water to take into the parks, and we used the microwave to reheat leftovers for dinner. We have three kids, 2, 6, and 9, and it was an easy walking distance. We even came back for a swim early in the afternoon. Our kids loved the continental breakfast, even more so then the Denny's down the street, which by the way was good. Steer clear of the IHOP, it's a bit greasy. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were farely quiet, other than the occasional kids in the hallway. We used the laundry room, (after soaking all our coats with salt water during our trip to Sea World), and it was clean, just make sure you start your clothes early enough because the laundry closes fairly early. If you stay here you definitely will not be disappointed, your kids will have a blast and your aching feet will have a shorter walk home in the evening. Once you go to Disneyland I can guarantee that you will be hooked. We're already planning a trip for next year.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tulalip, WA
Reviewed December 15, 2004

We were here mid-October 2004; this place was great, it was really close to the parks. I think it was even closer than some of the Disney hotels. The front desk folks were very efficient and helpful. We got in very late and they were ready and waiting for us. The rooms are nothing special, but they are spacious for a hotel room with a little sitting area. The beds were confortable. The room was clean and maid service was good. For the price you really couldn't find a better place, the fact that it was so close really was the best feature. The pool was OK, small, but I hear all pools in the area are small, except at the Disney hotels. We had wanted to stay at a Disney hotel because being in walking distance was a must for us! But this place was $800 cheaper than the lowest priced Disney hotel for the time period we were trying to go. We could do a lot with the extra $800 so we figured it wasn't worth staying in a Disney hotel. I would definitely stay here again. Only other place I would consider would be a Disney hotel, and only if I could get a really good deal to make it worth it.

3 Thank sgb113
Reviewed December 11, 2004

We did a quick trip to Disneyland the from Dec. 8th-11th. We stayed at this hotel at the suggestion of co-workers who had stayed here in the previous weeks and really enjoyed it.
Having been to Disneyland several times before and staying at different places in the same area we were really impressed. First of all the location doesn't get any better - you are literally right across the street from the main entrance of the park - just a short walk away.
The hotel was very clean and the rooms were a good size - we had a king size bed plus a small sofa and coffee table along with microwave and fridge. The front desk staff left a little much to be desired - not very friendly but were efficient and helpful nonetheless. If you want to be close to Disneyland and don't want to pay the high cost of staying at a Disneyland resort hotel - give this place a try!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2004

We recently stayed for 6 nights in early November 2004. 14 family members using 5 rooms. All rooms were together, clean (including bed linen changed dailly!) and the extra space in the rooms was great to have. Maintenace staff was very helpful as we had a couple of late night problems that were handled promptly and effeciently. Of note the problems were not of the hotels doing. The reservation staff were very helpful with calls and emails that I had with putting our groups requirements in place as it had changed. The location... cannot get any better than this. Our group ranged from ages 12-82 and being an easy walk from the parks was great and easy for all. If there was any negative it would be the common concern of the "continental breakfast" being just the basics. Most of our party used it a few times but then we ended up in the restaurant downstairs. Other than that I would recommend this place and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2004