“Brilliant Location”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #16 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed September 19, 2008

The location is just perfect.

The staff were very helpful and provided excellent customer service.

The rooms were average, with a musty smell when we first got there. Had to use a strong air freshner. I didnt like the beds/pillows at all. It was not very comfortable.
We had rooms overlooking the pool on the third floor. There were people using the pool after the posted 'close' sign and I had to call the reception desk about the level of noise. They took care of it very quickly!

We used the pool a few times, but it got so crowded, and this was during the off-season!

Despite the terrible reviews that Captain Kidd's Restaurant received, the complimentary breakfast was quite good with plenty of variety. I didn't go in for any other meals though and it looked pretty deserted most of the other times.

Aside from being directly across from the crossway leading to Disneyland, the Grayline Tour bus stop was also outside the hotel. This proved to be very convenient as we had taken quite a few tours with them.

I am not sure I would return to this hotel, I found it very hard to sleep on the awful bed, but I have to admit, the place does have its own plus points. The housekeeping was very good too, with plenty of towels etc. If anyone is considering this hotel, I would select the third floor with rooms not facing Cpt. Kidds or the pool.
The hotel rates were very good.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank vancouverpatel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,854)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

Most important feature: Very closest motel on Harbor Blvd to the Disneyland pedestrian entrance. Step over the hotel driveway and you're at the stoplight to enter Disneyland.
Rooms: Room 165 was completely refurbished--very clean, excepting carpets. Nicest rooms we've stayed in on Harbor Blvd. Coffeepot serves 1 cup at a time. Shower pressure fair; shower temperature consistent. In our King/sofa sleeper room the air conditioner butted up against the sleeper and shot cold air over my kiddos all night. Not miserable, but an annoying layout quirk. Very large mini fridge. Minimum toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap--not refilled during stay. Cutely folded towels.
Continental Breakfast: next door, upstairs at Captain Kidd's. We ate breakfast in Disneyland, so did not try it out.
Service: Clerks--poor. Unfriendly, unhelpful, no eye contact. Be prepared to argue it out to get your reservation requests met. Called to request coffee & washcloths--was told it would be faster to come get it myself. Um, no. Said I was willing to wait...I'm still waiting. Parking stated over phone reservations as free including the day you check out. Not so--they threaten to tow your car if it is in the lot after 3pm on check out day. Called check out morning--finally got a friendly clerk who "allowed" us to keep our car there until 8pm.
Service: Housekeeping--good. Had to beg for items off the carts several times and very friendly housekeeping staff was always accomodating. Make sure you toss your towels in the tub if you don't want them refolded damp--didn't notice the sign until I tried to dry myself off with a stinky damp towel.
Would stay here again because of the perfect Disneyland location and great rooms, but a bit of the fun will be sucked out knowing I'll have to fight for every little thing with the clerks.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank AliceinDisneyland
Reviewed July 31, 2008

After reading some of the reviews, I must admit I was rather leary of this hotel. I have stayed at Paradise Pier and the Grand Californian on previous visits. I was pleasantly suprised! The front desk staff was courteous and helpfull, even though we arrived at 11am, they gave us our parking pass although there were no rooms ready to check into yet. No big deal as it was a short stroll across the crosswalk into the entrance of Disney and California Adventures. It took me a shorter time to get to the main gates of both parks from this inexpensive hotel than from the Paradise Pier. Room was clean, air conditioner worked great, not once did I hear another guest outside our four walls. We were on the third floor with two double beds, above the pool area.
Continental breakfast was basic, but a great included feature you do not get at the Disney properties. Bagels, Toast, Doughnuts, sweet rolls, cerel bar, ice cold milk, apple juice and orange juice. There were also apples and oranges available too. Great start to a day. Bagels were always toasted and warm. We are not big breakfast eaters so this was perfect for us. If you want a big breakfast next door is IHOP a few more steps is Dennys.
As far as I see it the only "con" for me was the pool was smaller than the one I have at home. IT IS TINY!!! If you want to hang out a day by the pool this is not the place for you. After the Earthquake they shut down all rides at Disneyland and CA for 3 hours or so. I would have been nice to go to the hotel and lay by the pool with that extra time. No worries. We can swim at home.
Great Value. Great Service. Clean Room. Cold A/C. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
7  Thank Maleadanee123
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My two other friends and I (all girls) stayed at the best western in Anaheim this past weekend and it was ok.

Now keep in mind we barely had any sleep because for some reason we decided to pull an all nighter and go down there so I was running on maybe 10 min of sleep by the time we arrived. We had called the hotel earlier around 6am saying that we were going to arrive early and they would put a note in and we should have a room ready. Well we get to the hotel which has a tiny parking lot (even for my civic) and the lady that greets us tells me check in is at 3 and we can't check in now. She was very rude to me and acted as if she had other things to do. So I put it behind me and we changed in the car and went to the park. I called around 1 and a nice gentlemen said our room was ready so we went and checked in. It was a pretty small room, one king bed and a pull out sofa all cramped together, it was decent no mold that I saw or dirty things no bed bugs.

The hotel is fine, it's just your basic needs, nothing special. The breakfast was pretty decent over on the 2nd floor of captain kidds. The real selling point was the location, it was literally right across the street it was so convenient and that is the only reason we would really stay there again. Most of the staff is pretty incompetent. But for the price and location it was worth it. I'd recommend it and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We went with our daughter & family, including our grandson with cystic fibrosis, to Disneyland and stayed at the Park Place Inn. They could not have been more accommodating! I explained to Sherry, the front desk manager, what our special needs would be: quiet room in the back for his naps and therapy, extra clean, etc. She arranged everything perfectly. Even when I called and asked if we could come a day early--no problem! This hotel IS right across from the Disney entrance. Last year we stayed on Katella Ave. with our other daughter and it was quite a walk. The children in this year's family are younger and we knew it would be too taxing on them and our CFer. We had a spotless suite with 2 comfortable beds and a sofa bed. We brought our own pack and play. Sherry had gifts for all the children, at check-in. She or someone on staff left a message each day reminding us that the desk was open 24 hrs and if we needed anything to just call. The complimentary breakfast upstairs next door was all anyone would need to start the day off right: cereals, juices, toast, pastries, fruit and boiled eggs! Sherry and her staff helped fulfill my daughter's dream of just being a "normal" family for a few days! Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!

4  Thank pbrooks2712
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My husband and I stayind at the Park Place Inn in April with our 3 children (ages 7,6 and 2). We had a mini-suite, which had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, which we fully utilized. I liked that the toilet/shower was seperate from the sink/vanity area...it made getting ready much easier. The free continental breakfast was a great money saver. It was just across the alley in Captain Kids and had cereal, toast, pastries and juice/coffee. The breakfast was surprisingly good. The best part of the hotel was its close proximity to Disneyland. I was a 5 minute walk! The only negative thing that I can say about the hotel and that the beds aren't that comfy....by the 3rd night I was really stiff. But, I would not hesitate to stay there again. The staff was very accomodating. They were very quick when we asked for extra towels and even quicker when we had middle night child-throw up incident. They even washed and resturned our blue stuffed monkey that accidentally got wrapped up in the soiled sheets.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank mom2threenj
Reviewed July 5, 2008

This was my second stay at this hotel. My previous visit was very different, which is why I chose to book again. This hotel is as close to the main entrance to Disneyland as you can get without staying on official Disney property.

Unfortanately for me, my vacation started out badly with either a flu bug or food poisoning. I'm not sure which, but the result was getting sick on the airplane from Seattle to Orange County.

We arrived at the hotel early, hoping for an early check-in. This was possible in the past. Since I was feeling particularly poorly, I was hoping for a friendly staff member. I didn't get one. The desk person seemed put out that we checked in early. I asked for a room as soon as possible, explaining that I was ill. She immediatly asked for our credit cards -- charged them, and then told me that "check-in is at 3pm." I bought some pepto bismal from the hotel store and then we went to Disneyland. We spent a few hours there on the slow rides and shows, and at 2pm I called the hotel again asking if a room was ready. Once again, I was told that "check-in is at 3pm." I repeated that I was not well and really wanted to lay down and rest. I was told that this was impossible. Finally, at 3pm we checked in.

It is my belief that the room was ready before 3pm, but the front desk was unwilling to accomodate me. She clearly needed a course in good customer service.

The room was fine. For a mini-suite, it had a fridge and a small couch and table, but that's really all that makes it a suite. The free wi-fi access was extremely slow. They call it high speed, but there's no way it's high-speed access.

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and upon check-out I called the desk to ask that a luggage cart be brought up to the room. Once again, I was told "no." Guests have to come down and get their own luggage cart and then haul it up the elevator and atttempt to navigate it through the narrow walkways without hitting the cleaning carts. Once again -- very poor customer service.

Upon check-out, I was asked how my stay was. I told the supervisor that I was very disappointed and it was not a pleasant stay like my last visit to their hotel was. She immediately defended the hotel's actions by saying that in the summer all rooms are booked and no one gets early check in. I told her that I understood this, but that since check-out was at 11am, it would have been nice to have a room cleaned as soon as possible to accomodate a repeat guest who was feeling poorly. She seemed put out by this suggestion.

I'd like to say that not once during my stay at the hotel was I greeted with something as simple as a smile. There was no friendliness, and the staff stood there braced for whatever request or demand a guest might make. It's super close to the park, and that's the advantage of staying at this hotel. You won't get much more than that. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends