“Excellent location, nice room!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the closest hotel to Disneyland other than Disney's Grand Californian which is about 4-5Xs the cost of this hotel the last time I checked. The Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier are further away from the front gate that this Best Western! I timed it one afternoon when we took a very leisurely walk and it was less than 6 minutes to the bag check (just before the entrance gates). Can't beat that!

I stayed at this hotel July 22-24 with my tween daughter. It was our second stay here. I booked the room a few months in advance and received a good rate with a AAA discount (about $150/night including tax which is a good rate for the height of the summer). I requested a room close to Harbor Blvd which luckily I received and was in room 102 (1st floor) two doors down from the office. I did occasionally hear someone walking (jumping?) upstairs but didn't bother me. Also we kept the air conditioning on in the room while we were there so that blocked out any street noise & noise from people walking past our room. Note that King bed rooms are only on the first floor as that might make a difference to some when you're booking.

Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was nice and helpful. They have apples in the lobby for guests all day.

The king bed was clean & comfy as were the pillows. The bathroom was clean w/basic amenities and plenty of towels. There was a flat screen TV, a sofa bed, a singer serve coffee maker with a generous amount of coffee and tea. The mini refrigerator was convenient for leftovers as well as water/sodas/food that we brought from home. There's also an older looking microwave that we didn't use. There is no safe in the room.

Parking was easy but note that it is $10/day with in and out privileges. You must leave the lot by 3pm on your day of check out. I am not sure how early you can arrive but we were there about 30min before check in time and were able to park.

They have a pool and a hot tub which we didn't use but they looked fine. Also they have soda and water vending machines which are convenient if you want to bring drinks into the park. Bottled soda is $1.75 vs $2.99 in the park. They have a free breakfast but we didn't take advantage as we brought our own.

Overall this is an excellent place to stay if you are going to Disneyland. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: Book the room early and look for discounts either through AAA or Best Western for the best rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for coming back to the Park Place. We greatly appreciate the wonderful review you wrote about our property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the ammenities that our hotel offers. Your review has definitely has provided us and guests with wonderful information. I am happy we were able to meet your room request for a nice, enjoyable, and comfortable stay. Your compliments and comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your visit next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Last summer my folks and I choose this hotel to stay at for night when we visited Disneyland because we do a lot in one day at the park. I have to be honest I thought this place was going to let us down because of the price but it didn't. We had a really nice room to stay in, staff was friendly, beds were comfortable and we had a good sleep. I would stay here again, expand the parking lot would be nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you book in advance!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Taylor B
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us . I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comments and compliments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Loved the location! Right across from Disneyland. What I appreciated most was after we left, I realized we left a towel we took for my son. The hotel found it and called us while we were driving home and asked if we wanted them to send it to us! What incredible service! Breakfast provided was sufficient. Had eggs, either sausage or ham (one day sausage/next day ham), potatoes, bread options, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. Great start to a great day @ Disneyland and California Adventure! Would definitely recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful review. It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay and service provided. I am glad we were able to reach you regarding your son's towel. We appreciate your comments, compliments and recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a reservation to stay at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn on July 1st and 2nd. We planned on visiting the Disneyland Resort. This hotel was booked due to the proximity to the entrance to the Disneyland park (across the street,) and the majority of positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We arrived at approximately 8:30am. The front of the hotel was clearly undergoing renovations, even though the website stated they would be completed in June. It's clear that the hotel is old and feels more like a motel, with exterior corridors and a small lobby. The Pool was tiny. The front desk staff was pleasant during our arrival. We checked our bags and were informed that we would be contacted by phone when the room is available. The clerk confirmed our reservation dates and the room type (king bed suite.) The staff said we could arrive any time after the room is ready. I also purchased tickets for Disneyland/California Adventure at the older rate (the park ticket prices increased two weeks prior.)

We spent the majority of the day at Disneyland, and returned to the hotel for a break and to move our bags to the room at around 4pm. We were promptly provided with the keys to the room and our luggage. The room was located near the lobby. Upon arrival to the room, we realized that we were placed in a handicap accessible room. Neither of us required those special accommodations, further it was not the room type that we booked.

I returned to the front desk to inform them that we were placed in a room which differed from the original reservation. The clerk stated that the room that I was placed in is in fact what we reserved, however it was not, I confirmed this with my original reservation confirmation. I asked to be placed into a regular room. The clerk was not apologetic at all, and indicated that no other king bed rooms were available. I asked if any queen bed rooms were available, the clerk said yes. Tired from traveling and spending a day in the theme park, I was willing to take the compromise and stay in a standard room with two queen beds and indicated such. The clerk indicated that I would be responsible for an additional 40 dollars per night cost for the room with queen beds, even though this was to mitigate a mistake made by the hotel. At this time, I asked to cancel the reservation for the two nights and indicated I would move to another hotel in the area (there are MANY choices.) At this point the manager was brought in to the conversation, who was within listening distance for my entire conversation with the front desk clerk. It was indicated that I would be charged for the current night if I canceled the reservation, which I of course refused to pay. At this time, a standard room with a king bed magically became available, but only for the first night of our stay. Since we were weary from traveling, I decided to accept the room for the first evening and cancel the second night of our stay. The room was clean, but definitely warn, this is more like a motel than a large chain hotel.

In the morning we checked out bound for the Embassy suites for the last evening of our stay in Anaheim. We took advantage of the free breakfast buffet before we left. This was advertised as being located in the restaurant directly adjacent to the hotel. It was in fact not a breakfast served by the restaurant, but it was reheated frozen waffles, fake eggs, and stale bread, located in a room above the restaurant; This was disgusting, I decided to skip breakfast and head to our next destination. As for the Embassy suites, I could write an excellent review for them. They are located 1 mile away from the park with a very convenient shuttle, clean room, friendly staff, cook to order breakfast, and managers hour with free snacks and open bar. The Embassy Suites room price was only slightly more than the Best Western.

The only good quality of this hotel is the location, but in comparison, the walk to the shuttle, which delivers you to the front door of other resorts, the amount of walking is probably the same. Since this hotel is sold out often, they are not willing to do the right thing for their customers from my experience. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TimF516
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns during your stay with us. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with the handicap accessible room. While this is the room that you selected when you made the reservation online, I do wish we could have moved you to a standard king for you full stay. Unfortunately that option was not available for your second night. The mini-suite with the 2 queen beds and sofa bed was unfortunately the only room type option left. There was an additional charge for this room since it is a larger room and we did provide the room that was originally reserved online. Since we did not have anything else available we did call other hotels to try and accommodate your needs. However, the ones we contacted in the immediate area were sold out for the night.
I do apologize that you did not enjoy the breakfast. Breakfast is not advertised as being provided by the restaurant. We do state that we serve it on the second floor. We do provide toaster waffles, scrambled eggs, ham, potatoes, sausage, white and wheat toast, danishes, muffins, donuts, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt, cereal (Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops, and Cheerios), oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice, coffe, hot chocolate, milk, and tea.

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I do hope you will give us another chance. If you do, please call the hotel directly so we can ensure you receive the room type that best fits your needs.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

One word awesome!!!! The food was also great. Way to go BW!!! Thank you. The location of the hotel is excellent, right across the street from Disneyland and very convenient to other places like the convention center. plenty of stores and restaurants around the hotel. Its great, Disneyland in plain sight awesome. The breakfast at the hotel rocks!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your wonderful review of our property. Your comments and compliments are greatly appreciated . I am very pleased you were able to fully enjoy our location and offerings. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a nice stay at the Best Western Park Place mini suites. This hotel has the very best location for a disney visit. Our room was very clean. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They did an excellent job making us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay. This hotel is a little pricey and the pool is small. Overall location and staff make this place worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Disney Resort Area. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. Thank you for your compliments and comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic for any Disneyland visitor! We had a great experience; our room was clean and the staff was very helpful! (One staff member wrote down a phone number to his favorite pizza location for us.) We ate at the breakfast every morning of our trip; the selection was good, but did get a little redundant after a couple of days. If they could change up the buffet a bit every few days, that would be great! Other than that, we had a perfect experience and definitely recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. I am very pleased to read that you had a 'perfect experience'. Thank you for your compliments regarding the staff and the facilities. I appreciate your recommendation and comments regarding how breakfast can be improved. We hope to see you again.