“There is more than one Best Western on this street”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I even almost put my review in the wrong place. Location is perfect. Our standard room was a good size and we three adults had plenty of room. The queen beds were on the smaller size, but fine for us. I only had coffee from the complementary breakfast room, and I honestly didn't look at the food offerings, but my friends had bagels, ham, ect.

We only stayed one night, and had hoped to leave our car in the hotel parking lot on check out day when we went into the parks. Unfortunately we were told that during the busy season, they were fully booked and the lot surrounding the hotel simply didn't have room for more than one car per room. She kindly double checked for us and could only offer us parking at another hotel down the street. We just moved our car to the Disney lot that morning.

Staff was helpful. My friend left her iphone charger in the wall and they found it, and held the charger at the front desk until we retrieved it that night.

I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: I found the best rate through AAA.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It does get confusing with 6 Best Westerns in the immediate Disneyland area. 3 on the same street. I am glad you found us and stayed with us. Thank you for your comments and compliments and understanding regarding the parking situation. I am also very happy we were able to reach you before you left the area so we could return the phone charger.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again.

Thank you and take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,905)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been to Disneyland 5 times in the last 2 years. We love it!! We have stayed at this hotel 3 out of the 5 times, and ever since we found this hotel I refuse to stay any where else. The hotel is clean, comphy beds, love the fridge and microwave, staff is nice. price is usually good, location is AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Callan Y

Thank you for continuing to stay with us during your visitis to Disneyland. I am very pleased to read that you have consistently received the service and quality we strive to provide to all of our guests. Thank you for your compliments and comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 2 nights to spend the day at Disneyland. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. It is on the main drag so there is alot of activity outside the hotel, so some may find it a bit noisy, however you can't beat the location, a short walk to the Disney Parks main entrance, no waiting for buses, etc. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that was OK but does get crowded. Overall it was a fine experience for what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, the location, and the ammenities of the hotel. I do hope we will see you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my wife and daughter. It was the perfect location as we were in town to visit Disneyland and the location made it easy for us to get back and forth from the resort.

Plus:
-Staff super helpful with planning rest of trip. We were heading up Highway 1 and the staff took 20 minutes to highlight their personal favourite places to stop
-Location

Neutral:
-Breakfast was free / all you can eat brunch but the quality was below average
-Rooms were large but a bit shabby

Bad:
-Wifi was free but extremely slow

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Disneyland. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am happy we were able to help you plan your drive up Highway 1. There is beautiful scenery and fun places to stop. I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here June 2013 for 6 nights with our 3 kids. The room was spacious and clean. (As others have noted, white socks got dirty within minutes of running around on the carpets, but I don't think that can be avoided when you stay this close to DL during the busy season.) We always had enough towels, but they really didn't provide many washcloths, (maybe 2 or 3), and with 3 little ones, it really wasn't enough. The first day we were there, we went to the room for a nap at 2pm and they still hadn't cleaned the room. The next 4 days they must have figured out we have young children and they did have it cleaned in the morning, but if you have little ones and are hoping to come back for an afternoon nap, it might be worth letting the staff know so you don't have to wait.

The continental breakfast was filling and there was a good variety; bananas, apples, oranges, yogurt, juices, tea, coffee, and hash browns, ham or sausages, frozen waffles, eggs, donuts, and bagels.

The beds were comfortable, I shared one with my two girls, and we had plenty of room. We chose not to use the couch as a bed, but it was in a nice sitting area and I had plenty of room to park my stroller when we were in the room.

We did not get a chance to go to the pool. I was a bit surprised at how small it appeared, but we didn't go to Anaheim to go swimming. :)

The wifi was not very good. Every single time I got onto the internet I would have to log in again. And it would drop my connection frequently.

We were in a second floor room, and we did not have any problems with noise. We could hear the fireworks go off from our room, but it wasn't terrible.

We have also stayed at both Paradise Pier and the Disneyland Hotel in the last couple years. In comparison, the room here was more spacious than the rooms we stayed in at either of those, and it was a closer walk to the park from this location than PP.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay here, and would definitely consider staying here again if we return to Disneyland.

3  Thank Bozemom

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Disney Resort Area. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your compliments. We do hope you will stay with us during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here July 6-8. The hotel is very quiet even for the doors facing outside. The rooms are nice and cozy and comfortable beds. The only issue we had was with the WiFi which is not the best if you use an iPad or your phone. The location is awesome as you are right across the street from Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. Parking is $10 a day and they do offer a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KCJ44
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Disney Resort Area. We enjoyed having you as our guests. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the location within the Resort Area. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Deceptive advertising! I booked a 2 QUEEN bed mini suite. What I got was a suite with 2 FULL size beds. When I went down to the registration desk to inquire about the size of the bed, they said that the room I was given were in fact QUEEN beds. The clerk at the front desk was nice enough to take me to room 305, which is also suppose to have queen beds, so that I can compare the beds. I told the clerk that the beds in room 305 are the same size as my bed in room 250, and that they are not queen beds. I asked her "does that look like a queen to you?" Her answer "I don't know how big a queen size should be." I went back to my room and did some research. It seems this is a Best Western issue, and not just this particular location. Others have also complained of the size of the bed. I later spoke to the supervisor about this issue and she again tried to reiterate that the beds are indeed queen size. She said that the full size beds that they have is smaller than the ones I have. I brought up the issue about other people online complaining about the size of the bed as well. The supervisor said that those are customers that booked 2 double beds and assumed they had booked queen beds. WOW, they actually believe their customers are that stupid. When I book a room that states queen beds, I expect it to be queen beds. Don't give me a run around about how it is bigger than their "full size beds". No matter how the words are being twisted, the bed is not a queen, it is a FULL size bed! The supervisor did offer to move me to a different location, but after a long day at Disneyland who wants to pack all their stuff and move to a different hotel. Again the issue is not the hotel itself, but the fact that they are advertising a 2 Queen Bed Mini Suite, but are actually offering a suite with 2 Full size beds. 1 star for the good location, 0 stars for a staff that acts stupid and don't know what a queen size bed is.

Room Tip: Don't expect the correct size bed that you originally booked for!
2  Thank Annie T

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I am sorry that you did not believe that your room consisted of queen size beds. The beds are 60" x 80" which is a queen size. You were taken to another mini-suite to show that your beds were not smaller than those in other mini-suites. When that was not sufficient we offered to show you a room with full size beds so you could see the difference in the bed sizes. This offer was turned down as well as the offer to find alternative accomodations at no penalty so you would be more comfortable during the last night of your stay. I am truly sorry you feel that you were a victim of deceptive advertising. Queen beds are not much larger than full size beds (only 6" x 5" difference), and in a large hotel room can appear smaller.
Please feel free to contact me with you would like to discuss this further.

Kelly Laimana