“Not worth the horrible customer service! Park Vue or desert is a better choice”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #18 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am an annual passholder so we frequently stay in the Anaheim/disney area. This hotels location is all it has going for it. Te front staff night manager is just horrible. Ruined out stay I complained because they ran out of parking and had us park at a nearby hotel. When we went for our vehicle it was smoked in...ashes everywhere. We had our 3 year old daughter with us and the smell was unbearable. There are several hotels directly across the street. Park Vue or Dessert are better choices and very accommodating

• Stayed: June 2013
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Your reservation was changed after the cancellation policy however as a courtesy we allowed you to change your dates. When called again to change the dates back we did allow it again, as a courtesy. However the stipulation was made and noted by the supervisor that parking would not be available for your stay and you would have to park offsite if you wished to change your dates. Due to limited parking I did enforce the off site parking. As far as smoking in your car, I do know the owner of the valet company strictly prohibts anything of that kind. It has been mentioned to him so he can address the issue.
Again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Perhaps you will give us another chance so you can experience the service for which our guests continuously return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,886)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from Disneyland. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. It was clean and the staff were accommodating and pleasant.
Was a solo traveler this trip and felt a little uncomfortable heading to my room at night but that probably has more to do with me than the hotel itself.
I arrived early so they held my bags so I could do a fully day/2 park touring. I returned well into the evening and had a perfect nights sleep on comfy beds.
I would certainly return here with my family should we ever venture cross country again! The only thing I would not do is eat the restaurant again....go to the IHOP next door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Disney. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in the Disney Resort and hope you and your family are able to come here soon for a visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. It is closer to the park than the Disney properties. If you have little ones and need a place for an afternoon nap or a snack or to grab a jacket, this is the perfect place to stay. The room was clean and had plenty of beds for our four kids. It is a little noisy with kids running around early in the morning to make it to Disneyland but that is what you would expect staying so close to the park. The breakfast at Captain Kidd's next door is abysmal. Plan on paying for food elsewhere or bring your own and stash it in the in room fridge but do not eat the included breakfast. Overall this was a perfect place for my family to stay to visit Disneyland. The room was not fancy but was clean and had everything we needed. The pool was small but just the right size and depth for my children. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient. I would recommend this hotel for families visiting the park.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Jodi R

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. If you wouldn't mind, we would like to hear what you did not like about the breakfast. We do serve Toaster waffles, scrambled eggs, sauasage, ham, potatoes, pastries, donuts, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, toast, yogurt, 4 types of cereal, oatmeal, 3 different fresh fruits, juice, coffee, milk, tea, and hot chocolate.
We do thank you for your compliments and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived for 1 night before our flight back to the UK. The Check in staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms on the other hand were horrible, dark, musky smell and the decor needs brightening. Location is obviously very good if you want to this for Disney, We were most disappointed with the rooms, would we stay here again unfortunately no. These rooms were nothing compared to the ones at Best Western International Drive, Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We do like hearing from all of our guests so we know where we need to improve. Perhaps you will give us another chance if you come back into the area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are here for Disneyland, the location can't be beat. Nothing like just walking across the street to your bed after a long day at the parks, or being able to quickly run back to the room for a sweatshirt in the evening. The front desk staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful. For these two reasons, we will look at this hotel again if coming for DL.

If you're not here for Disneyland, look farther afield.

Parking was horrid - the spots are tiny, so large SUV's take up about one and a half spaces, leaving you to try to wedge in between. There is breakfast provided in the restaurant next door. The food was ok (pretty standard), but, like the parking lot, there just wasn't enough room for everyone and it was a bit tough to get a seat.

Our room faced the pool, and even on the third floor, it was LOUD until the pool closed at 10 PM. I am a sound sleeper, and usually am not bothered by noise that other people complain about, but this was excessive. After the first night, we were rarely in the room before 10, so it wasn't an issue, but that first night we just laid there and watched the clock, waiting for the pool to close. Something to know if you have young kids or anyone that needs to have an earlier bed time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the pool if you're planning to sleep prior to 10:00 PM.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We do know you have a number of choices to choose from while in the area. I would like to thank you for your compliments and we do hope to see you again soon. Just so you are aware when making your next reservation, the rooms around the pool are our rooms with two full size beds. To avoid that area a different room type would need to be reserved.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family visited Disneyland/California Adventure again this year and again we stayed at the BW Park Place Inn. We stayed for a week the first week of June 2013. It is located right across the street from the main entrance to the parks and makes it so nice at the end of a long day to only have a few steps to walk to get to our rooms. We booked two connecting double queen/sofa bed units and they were great. (just as last year) The rooms are large and very comfortable, with large counter on the sink. The beds are very good and we all slept like we were at home. The A/C works well and is pretty quite and the internet access is very good and fast. The pool and spa are nice and well maintained and the chemical levels of both are always in proper balance and with in the required levels. (( I maintain pools and spas at my place of employment and am CPO certified, and I checked the chemical levels each day we used the pool and spa, as I carry a test kit with me on family trips) The free breakfast is very good and makes the start of each day much easier. There is a parking fee charged by the hotel but I understand more and more of the hotels there are doing this.

This will be the hotel we stay at when ever we visit the area. We are already planning a trip down to Disneyland in 2015 and you can bet one of the first things I will do is make our reservations at the Park Place Inn.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good and there are elevators located in several locations and luggage carts for...
1  Thank RichK_1

Thank you for returning to the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay once again. Thank you for your comments and compliments. We look forward to your return visit in 2015.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my 3rd visit. I always love the location to disneyland. The rooms are clean, beds are great and they offer a descent free breakfast. Would I stay there on a romantic get away with my husband? Not! But when I am hitting the parks with my family this place is perfectly priced and you can't get any closer.

Room Tip: I asked to be close to the front street and they accommodated me. The kids can hardly walk by the en...
1  Thank Lisagranucci

Thank for returning to the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. We do enjoy having you and your family as our guests. Thank you for your compliments. We hope to see you again soon.