BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
Prescott, Arizona, United States
“Marvelous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am single mom who was looking to take my 6yr old daughter to Disneyland by myself. Traveling from Arizona, I needed convenience. This hotel was PERFECT! Excellent location (literally across the street from the main entrance of the the Disneyland resort), reasonable parking fees, with my AAA discount I saved $50, and the room was nicer than what I was expecting (a couch and coffee table too!). The pool/hot tub were clean and the area was clean (swept) and well maintained (plenty of pools towels) also. I literally pulled in, parked my vehicle, checked in (seamlessly-great staff!), unpacked and had nothing else to worry about ... my daughter and I had a wonderful extended weekend in Disneyland. We did not eat at the buffet because we ate cereal in the room and was off to play! I woke up one morning and the tray to the coffee maker that holds the grounds was missing, I called the main desk and within 5 minutes a maintenance man was there with a new coffee maker in the box! Now that is service! I had free wifi so I could manage my finances at a glance. Thank you Best Western for making my quality time with my daughter easy and stress free! I will always stay here on our annual trips to Disneyland ... and next time I will allow the grandparents to come with us!

4 Thank Michelle H
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am very happy we were able to make your trip with your daughter comfortable and hassle free. We definitely look forward to having you stay with us again. We would love to meet the Grandparents.

Thank you and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Verona, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is very clean, and rooms are a very nice size. Close walk to Disneyland and California Adventure Park right over the bridge. The complitmentary buffet at Captain Kidd's, however, was horrible. Coffee was not even drinkable. My husband said the milk for the cereal smelled bad, and the eggs were disgusting. Consider breakfast somewhere else!! The price of the room was very reasonable, and beds were very comfortable. Besides for the breakfast, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Stay on second or third floor-further away from parking areas.
    • 4 of 5 stars
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and listing your recommendation of our property. I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. We will definitely look into the coffee issue and find out what happened with the milk and eggs. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again soon.

Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After reviewng the dozens of choices available across the street from Disneyland, we chose the Park Place Inn. Our priorities were location, onsite laundry, in room fridge and microwave, free breakfast and pool. As others have said, you cannot beat this hotel for location. And I would say, having walked around the Downtown District, this hotel is probably closer to the gates than either of the Disneyland Hotels. Halfway to the gates one morning, I decided to go back to the hotel for our jackets....I hesitated going because we were almost at the gates but I was in our room and back within 5 minutes...and we needed the jackets as the weather had turned cooler that day. The HoJo down the road was another consideration for us but after a long day at both parks, our little 5 year old would have had a meltdown if we had to walk any further so I am glad we chose he PPI. The 2 washers and dryers were handy for us after spending 5 days in San Diego without access to laundry. Note that one washer cost $1.25 and the other $1.50. The fridge and microwave were great for us. We ordered some groceries from Von's ahead of time and they were delivered to our room. We had enough provisions for sandwiches, snacks and drinks for Disneyland as well as salads and a couple of microwaveable meals for those evenings we chose to stay in our room. The best thing for my husband I think was having cold beer in the fridge when we arrived on our first night. The breakfast next door was more than continental so it really helped us fuel up for the day. The fresh fruit was appreciated and we cut some up for snacks later in the day. The only minuses I would say are the powdered eggs and finicky toasters...keep them on the lowest setting! I think the 'witching hour' for crowds at breakfast would be about 7:15am. We are early risers so tended to be at breakfast before the rush and were not bothered by the garbage trucks in the morning. The pool is small and easily taken over by teenagers who walk all over and sit on other people's belongings. Towels were scarce. Overall a really pleasant stay and met all our needs. WIFI was slow at times and would have like to have a safe in our room. The staff and security are courteous and friendly. The hotel renos outside did not affect us. Would definitely stay at the PPI again!

• 4 of 5 stars
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you greatly enjoyed our location and the ammenities that we offer. I will check the washing machines because they should be the same price with the standard rate 1.25 and a super wash at 1.50. I do apologize for the lack of towels in the pool area. We will ask housekeeping to check and stock the pool towels more frequently. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Directly across the street from the Disney entrance. The lobby was inviting and clean, with a nice fireplace. Check-in was prompt and friendly. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and a good variety for most anyone. I'm a vegetarian, and there was plenty for me to choose from (fruits, cereals, yogurts, etc.). It was kind of crowded and noisy, but that is to be expected.
The room was clean and standard - nothing special, but certainly fine. After all, if you are visiting Disneyland, you aren't in the room much anyway. We did appreciate the fact the neighboring rooms seemed relatively quiet - not paper thin walls like a lot of places. There is a nice little convenience store next door, and local restaurants within walking distance. Overall, I'd stay there again. If you want something economical, clean and close, this is a good choice. If you want more fancy and upscale, I'd go to the Disneyland Grand or others inside the park itself.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. We do try to have something available for everyone to choose from at breakfast. I am very pleased you were able to find enough filling options. Thank you for your comments and compliments. We do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We are a family of 5 (3 teenagers) and we had plenting of space in our room with the pull out bed. The room was clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. The breakfast in the morning really helped start the day off right. The food was buffet style and there was plenty of it. The boys made 2-3 egg sandwhiches every morning. This hotel is very convenient. We were able to walk to our hotel for coats in the evening and were not gone long at all. The current construction closed off one side of the hotel, but that did not bug us. All in all, we had a very good experience here.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It is wonderful reading that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased you appreciated the convenience of our location and were able to enjoy the breakfast. We do hope we will see you again.

Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm a former cast member and I'd always heard that this hotel was great since its across the street from the Disneyland. So When my boyfriend and I went in December we thought it would be a great place to stay...boy were we Wrong. We got there late at night and the young man and the desk knew Nothing! He as very rude. He asked for a credit card and said nothing about them charging it at the time. The breakfast was so terrible. Un-eatable and not worth the walk. The second day they called to tell us they needed another credit card and would deactivate our card until we brought them another one. We were at the park trying to enjoy our vacation we had saved for Years! We took them another card and they charged that one as well ($400 on each card) and also deactivated the cards!

Room Tip: Go to the other best western two doors down!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shellyullrich07
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I do apologize you did not enjoy your stay and were unhappy with the rate increase from what you originally reserved. However the Best Western Employee Discount is reserved for current Best Western Employees. The first authorization to the card was in place until you provided us proof of employement. When it was determined that you were no longer a Best Western employee we did deactivate your keys and give you the option of paying the full price for your stay or checking out and finding a different hotel to stay in. The second authorization was completed upon your agreement to staying at the standard rate.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Kelly Laimana