“5 minute walk to Disneyland”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here Nov. 3 - Nov. 7 for our Family Vacation to Disneyland. Cannot complain about the room. It was neat, clean & quiet. Housekeeping was efficient & check-in was smooth & easy. Sheets were clean & soft, pillows were big & fluffy & the A/C worked. The free breakfast was just what you'd expect - cereal, milk, frozen waffles(w/toasters to toast them in), bread, danish, egg "pancakes", sausage & coffee. We liked it just fine but the allure of specialty pancakes & omlets at IHOP next door was too great.
We would DEFINATELY stay here again for our next Disneyland vacation!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jeannine D
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We greatly appreciate the compliments. We look forward to having you as our guests once again during your next Disneyland vacation.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was my first time going to Disneyland, and I wanted a hotel close to the park. Not so much walking after a long day. I searched and saw that it was across the street and I loved it. When we got there it was actually better then I expected. It was clean the staff was friendly. It was our little home away from home. The continental breakfast was amazing. I thought of was just going to be pastries, but no it was mini buffet. You can't go wrong with this hotel. The best part was after a long day at the park we didn't have to wait for a shuttle or walk so much. That made the trip way better. Totally going to stay here for the rest of my Disneyland trips to come. :)

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank michyyyparra13

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and once again being your home away from home.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stay at this property every year we come to Disneyland. It is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. My daughter and family stayed in the next room. Their room had a nice flat screen, ours had a very old poor quality television. It was election night and it would have been nice to watch on a decent television. We stay away from the Buffett and walk down to McDonald's. It is great to have your hotel so close to Disneyland especially when you are so exhausted from your ten hours at the park.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melinda N

I would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us when you visit Disneyland. We greatly appreciate our return guests. You should have a new tv in your room the next time you visit. Our aim is to have them in all the rooms by the end of the year. Until, we see you again, take care.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has an excellent location. Right across the street from the gates to both Disneyland and California Adventure Park. We were travelling as a family of grandmother, mother and father and 2 years old. We specifically reserved a minisuite with a queen bed in one room, with a door, and part of the same room but outside the door was another queen bed and a pull out. We reserved here specifically because of the minisuite option. Before leaving for our vacation I checked with the hotel twice by email to confirm that we were still getting the minisuite option and they assured me that we were. When we got there . . . we had a regular room with 2 queen beds and a sofa pull out. The desk staff advised that that hotel does not have any minisuites and that their central reservations was not aware of that.

Everything else about the hotel was fine. The beds had nice linens and were comfortable. It was a 3 star hotel and what you can expect on the strip outside of Disneyland. The minisuite option was very important to us though and we trusted Best Western to come through but they didn't. I'd go elsewhere if this is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the main floor. There was some seedy stuff going on in the parking lot and we felt...
5  Thank JoTravels2011
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I would first like to thank you for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for sharing your comments and concerns. I would like to clear up the issue regarding the mini-suite. Mini-suites are one room and larger than standard rooms with no full room separation. I am sorry for the confusion when you checked with the front desk. The room you stayed in was a mini-suite; larger than a standard room with two queen beds and a queen sofa bed with the sofa bed separated by a half wall partition. What we do not have are suites where this a full separation. Again I am sorry for any confusion.

Regarding what may have been happening in the parking lot. We do not allow any loiterers on property and they are promptly asked to leave. I am not sure what you are referencing, but if you could let me know I would greatly appreciate the information.

I hope you will give us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Kelly Laimana
ppifom@yahoo.com

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked this because it was our first trip to Disneyland and we wanted somewhere close to stay. It was literally right across the street from the Disneyland properties. Just a short walk each morning and night. We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was a typical sofa bed with the bar in the middle so beware of that. The other beds were pretty comfortable if you like a very firm mattress which my husband does. The room was very clean and the only real complaint was the air conditioner was very noisy all night long. We told the staff at the front desk this when we checked out and they were going to have it looked at. The staff was terrific! Tony at the front desk on Friday morning was so helpful in getting a response from our late shuttle. (Do not use Super Shuttle they will be late!) The breakfast was what I expected and served us well. If you want something more substantial there is a Denny's and an IHOP nearby. Captain Kidd's also has a breakfast buffet that smelled pretty good too! Yes the place could use some updating but the towels were nice and big and the pillows were fluffy and the bed linens were newer. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had room 345, toward the back was nice and quiet except for the air conditioner.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for choosing for your first trip to Disneyland. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the air conditioner being noisy. Please, if you have any issues when you stay with us, let us know right away so we can address it. There are usually some very easy fixes that will make your stay even more enjoyable. I do hope we will see you again. Thank for your comments and sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I write this with a heavy heart, as we have stayed here multiple times over the past several years. The location is second to none for visiting Disneyland and we have often recommended this hotel to others. We stayed for a week at the beginning of October; here are the positives:

-The staff is courteous and helpful. We had a food order that they stored for us and separated the perishables to put in the fridge until we arrived.

-Location. Location. Location.

-Free continental breakfast next door. We chose to have Von's deliver us bananas, cereal bars and the like instead of going next door. We have eaten there in the past, and it is an okay continental breakfast. Hard to complain about free food.

-Room size is great, especially in one of the mini suites. We asked for (and received) a connecting room with my parents and there was enough room for all of our stuff.

Now the negatives:

-Parking is a huge issue. I understand that space is at a premium but the parking spaces are far too skinny. The ones marked "compact" are all placed towards the front and even the normal-sized spaces are far too small. My father drove his suburban and we received a call one day asking us to park better because his vehicle was "over one of the lines". It is near impossible to park a vehicle of any size in these spots. The staff was very nice, and asked us to move it when we got back from the park, but it was kind of silly. Keep in mind, we had three total rooms in our party, and only one vehicle; my dad said that he should have been able to parallel park across three of them!

-The rooms need some help. I have not stayed in a hotel for quite some time that does not have nice flat screen TVs but our room here had the old style TVs. The cable service was not great, and the channel selection was poor at best. We came back to our room one night to find the picture so snowy that we could barely see the picture. They checked the connections and called back to tell us that it was the cable company at fault and not them. This poor picture continued for a couple of days and then it was finally fixed. The room interiors are very dated, which I really don't care about if it doesn't stink (it didn't) but the carpet and wallpaper could use an upgrade.

-Internet connection was abysmal. Again, I know that it is free, but if you offer this as a perk it needs to be something that you can use. In the evening, when everyone has gone back to their rooms after a long day in the parks, the connection speed was almost glacial. My mom could not get her iPad to even connect, and I always used my 3G connection because the speed was just too slow. I understand that the demand increases at night, but they need to increase their bandwidth if it is to be a function option.

-Housekeeping of the rooms was very spotty. The rooms were not filthy, but we noticed ice buckets full of room temperature water not being emptied (any of the days), several of the garbage cans didn't get emptied, etc. The rooms were serviced, and nothing was filthy, but we noticed a drop off of the level of service. My dad didn't leave a gratuity the last day as a bit of an editorial comment, and he NEVER does that.

-The lock on our door was obviously failing. It took many attempts with the electronic card to get the green light, and then you had to open the door by using only a certain part of the handle or it wouldn't open. We got very adept at this, until the whole mechanism died on our last night. We used the connection with my parents' room to get in and the next morning maintenance came to look at it and determined that it needed to be replaced. We were in the process of checking out, so they told us they would come back after we left.

All in all, our trip was nice and our experience in the Best Western Park Place was okay. The staff was very nice and attended to us when things broke down. The location is still unbeatable and the price was decent. But we certainly noticed the level of quality in this visit as opposed to other stays to have slipped. I suppose we may have just gotten some unfortunate events during our stay, but we have stayed probably a half-dozen times over the past several years and the decline was evident. I know they were doing roof work there during another stay and I saw them installing flat screen TV in other rooms, so maybe we were just a few weeks early :) I would still recommend this property with the caveat that they fix some of the details and make this an exceptional place to visit.

Room Tip: The mini suites are a little more money but very spacious. Worth it to us, when our family had a st...
5  Thank Josh N
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

I would first like to thank you for being a regular guest of our property. Letting us know where you see room for improvement can definitely help us improve our service. It will also help us to keep you as our guest. We are in the process of replacing all of our tvs. They should all be in by the end of this year. If a door lock is ever giving you an issue, please let us know and we will fix it immediately. Many times the battery just needs replaced. However, sometimes they do just break. I am very sorry for the housekeeping service that you received. This will definitely be addressed with the housekeeping manager.
I hope we will see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our second stay and you can't beat the location right across the street from Disneyland. We got the 2nd floor with a pool view. We were close to the elevator and cleaning staff so it was busy near our room, but fine. We were able to park here in the morning prior to checking in and that was very convenient so we went to the parks and came back at 3pm to check in. We appreciated that. The room was clean and big enough. Wi-fi was great! We used the hot tub once and had to ask for towels down there, but no big deal. The pool was too cold. The free breakfast is okay. I wish they offered something different everyday, but the variety was decent. The coffee was terrible though! We got spoiled by the free breakfast at the Country Inn in San Diego. Check out was good. We went to the parks in the morning, then came back at 11am to check out. We left the car parked in the lot until 3pm and then came back to move it to Downtown Disney parking. A little hassle with the parked car, but it was nice that we could leave it parked there for the extra time. We will be back because it's affordable, decent, and a great location.

Room Tip: The pool view is cool to have.
1  Thank kriscam11

Thank you for returning to the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us both times that you have been here. Thank you for letting us know what we can improve on to make your stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.