“Closer than Disneyland Hotels!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Scottsdale
“Closer than Disneyland Hotels!”
Reviewed October 22, 2007

The Best Western Park Place Inn definitely met our expectations. The rooms were quite large and seemed to be well maintained. The best thing about this hotel is the location to Disneyland. It is literally a five minute walk and you are directly across from the pedestrian walkway. You can hardly find a closer hotel which made it nice to go back to the room to relax if you needed a break.
The only downside about this hotel was the breakfast in the morning. Although it was free, the selection was quite bland (cereal, muffins, and danishes), and it was always crowded, noisy, and not enough places to sit. Other than that, we would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
9 Thank lv2travelScottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Prince George, BC
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We stayed at the Park Place in for 10 nights (Oct 10-20th), there was 3 of us (Grandma, and a 7year old) it was wonderful. Our room was 355 it was clean and quite the most important things. Cleaning staff was very pleasant and the room was always done by the time we got back from Disneyland.

You cannot beat the location. It is right at the crosswalk to get to the parks. It was always a great feeling watching everyone else, tired knowing they still had to walk and you were right at your room.

Front counter staff was great even though we didn't talk to them to much, but they were willing to help when we did.

TV reception is horrible this must be in all rooms and there are not many channels to chose from, but they do have the Disney channel and my son was happy with that.

The shower pressure was good but the water would go from Hot to cold all the time not sure what that was. The fridge was handy but we didn't use it to much it kept freezing up on us, I turned it right down to mild temp and let the front desk know but I don't think they fixed it, they did though fix a lamp in the room right away that stopped working. I found the beds and pillows very comfortable (other than the 7 year old kicking me in the back :)

My son loved the pool. The sign says it can hold 21 people maybe if they were all standing side by side and not moving :) but the kids loved it and seeing it wasn't to busy they had a great time. Oh and it is not heated.

Right in front of the hotel is were the buses pick you up for your trips to other parts of LA which was very handy.

When I go to Disneyland again I will be staying here. We had a wonderful time, and really how much time do you stay in your room. We had to walk to Paradise P. for a breakfast and it is much farther, all the Disney hotels are, than Park place inn. So save your money for the Parks and stay here.

• Liked — Location to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Pool was pretty small but worked
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank PGCanadiantraveller
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Three of us(my friend, his 22 yo son, and I) stayed here for 4 nights (October 4 - October 8) in Room 206. A good sized room with two beds and fold out sofa.

Good Things:
6) Quiet despite location
7) Location can't be beat unless one stayed at Disney hotel
8) Huge Refrigerator and Microwave

Deficiencies:
1) shower curtain about 3 inches too short (potential to flood)
2) Television - Very slim selection of channels w/o ESPN ..Reception poor but probably unique due to connection in room-but didn't bring another wire and didn't move console
3) WIFI hard to access in rooms-had to use dialup (free local calls)
4) Parking (although not as bad as expected from reading other reviews..plenty available in back..spaces no smaller than at typical mall)
5) Bed and pillows no where near as comfortable or soft as at Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites (where I stayed in 2006) which had one of the nicest beds in which I've slept in years
6) Lack of plug in by bed (had to unplug light every night for my breathing machine) - plugs by door didn't hold cord securely so it became a balancing act when something was plugged in here
7) Hot and cold water would sometimes be inconsistent in shower

Neutral:
1) Paid $134 which was probably reasonable
2) Breakfast was ok but had nothing great except boiled eggs and good strong coffee.
3) Reception-some friendly-some blah but ok no one was rude
4) coffee pot and supplies (worked but tricky if half asleep)
5) pool-didn't use so no comments

I am not sure if I would stay here again. I would definitely shop around.. Enjoyed the proximity to Disney and was glad I didn't have to walk as far as I did last year. I was able to park outside office to check in and out so not sure why someone couldn't do that in an earlier review.

I highly recommend a restaurant about 4 miles away called Sal's Bit of Italy. I had great minestrone and Veal Marsala. Made by real Italians the real Italian way. Very tasty and very reasonably priced. In Delta Dining so there are rewards if you're in the program. Harbor north to Ball (turn left) about 3 miles to Magnolia (turn right) restaurant on right about 100 yards after turn. 918 S Magnolia

Overall, it was a great trip. Notre Dame won its first and only football game so far against UCLA. (the main purpose of the trip) I got to go to Disneyland 4 days. I saw my least favorite character (who also was the winner) on Big Brother 8 at the Maliboomer ride at DCA. Evil Dick shook my hand when I said hello. He seemed nicer in person than I would have imagined while watching him manipulate those on the show, but he won so I guess I give him credit for playing a great game! He looked just the same as he did on the show!

If you don't want 4 or 5 star, can put up with a few inconveniences, but really want to be close to Disney, this is the place to stay! Enjoy the Maliboomer and all the great rides.

• Liked — proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — television selection and reception
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I have to say, I was a little disappointed when my travel agent told me that the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel was experiencing some plumbing problems and wouldn't be able to keep our reservation for my yearly DisneyLand vacation trip. There were two hotels willing to take us, and we chose the Best Western Park Place Inn because of it's close proximity to the Park.

Man, was I impressed! I had loved the Howard Johnson, but the BW was even better, in a lot of ways. First of all, the continental breakfast served at Captain Kidd's was a huge time-saver and money-saver for me and my starving college-student fiance. It had a great selection fo cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, fruit, juice, and GREAT coffee!

The room itself was always nice and cool with the AC on, very clean (i'm a neat freak!) and serviced promptly and efficiently. The pool was closed for the first few days of our stay for renovations, but we were aloud to use the two neighboring hotels pools, so it wasn't even much of an inconvienience. The staff was great, and it was super quiet. It's rigth accross the street from the Park, so a few mintue walk makes it easy to get back to the room whenever you want to/need too.

The people at the front desk were great at helping us set up a shopping excursion, and the ladies at the gift shop were more friendly that the staff in my local mall at home!

The only down sides were, our lovely view of the white-washed side of the neighboring hotel from our room, which wasn't really a big deal because we spent very little time in our room as it is, and the actual Restaurant of Captain Kidd's was HORRIBLE. We missed having Mimi's so close, as it is at the HOJO.

All in all, we would definitly would stay there again!

• Liked — The cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — The crappy restaurant attached to it
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank M-Sheep
sacramento, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2007

My family stayed at this hotel in September, chosen mainly due to the location. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the free breakfast nothing spectacular, but simple and most importantly free.

The best thing about this hotel was the close proximity to the park. You are literally a 5 minte walk from the turnstile. I have stayed at further hotels which are a bit cheaper, and have taken the tram, which eats up a lot of time. Having the option to walk back to the hotel when the mood hits is very nice, as is not having to rely on the trams to get you back after a long day.

Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel, and plan to stay there again.

Stayed September 2007
8 Thank dobie1337
Austin
Reviewed September 25, 2007

We stayed at this hotel 9/16-9/21/07. We really enjoyed our stay and this is the closest hotel to the Disneyland park entrances. The convenience is the reason we chose it, but we were pleasantly surprised. We had a 3rd floor room facing the Captain Kidd's side, so we had plenty of sunlight, and the room was very quiet. We didn't have any trouble parking, but we did park in the back, near where our room was located. If you have a stroller, you may want to ask for location close to the elevators. We actually saw two rooms, and both were very spacious, with high ceilings, new(er) carpet, clean fridge and microwave, clean bathrooms, etc. The hotel staff were generally very friendly and helped us change our room and let us park there past check-out time. They also gave a local friend a parking pass to visit us and join us at the park and Downtown Disney several days. I highly recommend this hotel for the location, cleanliness, and price. We had considered staying at Grand Californian $300, so with the $200 we saved per night, we ate at the sit-down restaurants in the park or at Uva Restaurant, LaBrea Bakery, and Naples Ristorante. (We loved La Brea; Naples was okay; Uva was expensive but okay).

The free breakfast buffet next door at Captain Kidds is not great, although you can get pancakes, toast, cereal, bagels, hardboiled eggs, and pastries. We didn't eat there every day.

• Liked — Location to park; cleanliness, high ceilings, large room.
  • Disliked — Pool was closed without notice, but it was too cold to swim anyways.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank SfromTX
Bay Area
Reviewed September 16, 2007

After reading all the great reviews here and finding a reasonable price I booked this place for our Disney trip. We have stayed at other hotels on the "at the crosswalk" strip and loved them - like Camelot, Park Vue and Howard Johnson. This is our least favorite stay so I decided it was time to post a review since it goes against the majority and might save someone.

Right away we were tense from trying to park. The other reviews are not kidding abot this. There is no where to park while checking in and the spots in front of the rooms are insanely tight. We had rented a van and it was white knuckle getting in and out.

This motel has exterior corridors and there are no grounds - just parking spots and metal railings. Our room faced a cement wall ( the Tropicana Inn next door). We thought it might be nice since we had read the rooms facing the opposite would be noisy. We were horrified to see how DARK these rooms are. I would take the noise over some light anyday. Its not what I wanted for a SoCal vacation, there was no sunlight to be enjoyed. Even with lamps in the daytime, it was hard to see what we were doing

. Our ground floor view was of the vehicles parked in our doorway but we were never able to get this spot for ourselves. We had headlights in our room at night if that counts for light. At night, we could hear people going in/out of their spots - grinding gears and squealing steering wheels - assumed trying to maneuver the small spaces. We also heard teenagers at all hours using this alley as a walkway to somewhere else, I dont think they were Disney visitors. It made us too uncomfortable to leave our window open and the room was very stuffy and hot even with A/C going.

The bathroom was clean I will say. However, the carpets were filthy and the fridge smelled foul, there was crusty food in the microwave. I always bring Lysol wipes and everything I wiped turned the cloth to black - doorknobs, lamps, bedspread.

The cont breakfast was okay, typical for this level of motel. The toast was stale and juice was poor quality. They had milk and a good selection of cereals. Other visitors, including staff, said not to go to their restaurant - Capt Kidds. Why can't they replace this with something decent? We went to Mimi's at the Howard Johnson alot. I sure wish they delivered! The parking lot style pool was cramped and very noisy.

The location is nothing to brag about because there are many other choices in the immediate area. If you just want a place to sleep and shower and do not have a vehicle, it might do the job for the right price. Please do consider the neighboring hotels first.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dark rooms, cramped parking & pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family