“Sadly poorly managed BAR allows drunk guests to play up”

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
Ranked #29 of 885 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome, Brave Adventurers! Dock your tramp steamer at the cement shores of the Disneyland Hotel pool area and enter this mystical, interactive experience. Bold and unforgettable cruise-ine awaits at this tiki bar inspired by the world-famous Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam's - named for the "head" salesman of the Amazon — features some of the exotic wares he has collected over the years. But beware...he's always looking for a good trade.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at Disney in Oct '12 and this place forced me to rethink my whole Disney plan day 1. Hated the fact that the Bar allowed their customers basically take over the outdoor fireplace area and thne basically make a human bridge between the Bar and this Fireplace. Oh thats right you cant smoke in the Bar - Go smoke in a public place where me and my family should be enjoying. Security bascially allowed the bar to spill out to the fireplace because the ashtrays are there. I guess the Family reort isnt the priority? Oh ... The music and alcohol fuelled action keeps those same families staying in the pool view rooms up very late.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

As a former jungle cruise skipper this place holds a special place in my heart. All the drinks are themed after the ride and there are letters to Sam all around the bar. The service is ususally par to sub par but the atmosphere and drinks make up for it. The poke and long beans are delicious too.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Since I'm a big fan of things Hawaiian, I decided to stop by this place to have an afternoon drink (or two) and something to eat, while visiting Disneyland for the day. I was with my boyfriend and sister, and from the outside, the place looks nice, and once we entered the inside, it was partially crowded, but not too bad. We ended up seating outselves at the bar area that's closest to the restrooms, and that spot sits a little lower than the rest of the bar's countertop. The area was still covered with food scraps and napkins from a prior visitor, and my boyfriend had to get an employee's attention to come over and clean it up; the scraps were removed, but the table was not wiped down. There were only 2 or 3 bartenders visible, and one of them apologized, letting us know he'd be right with us, after finishing up someone else's order. It took approximately 15 minutes for our order to be taken after we sat down, which consisted of the pu pu platter and 3 drinks. My boyfriend finished his drink (the 'Shipwreck on the Rocks' and later a 'Shrunken Zombie Head' , which didn't take too long after his first drink). I had the 'Pirahna Pool' and I was interested in getting another drink, but due to the slow service, I just said "forget it". The pu pu platter was okay-tasting, but not enough food for the $15.99 that's charged. After paying the bill and leaving an hour later, we felt our experience there could have been a lot better, and we more than likely won't ever go back. If you're looking for speedy service, this is not the place.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not only does Trader Sam's have delicious adult beverages but it also has great souvenir glasses with some of its drinks. The outside patio area isn't has themed as the inside but is really relaxing in the summer time.

1  Thank Lolaisabruin
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The service was excellent. The food was ok. I expected a little more, but it was just average food. Great location, drinks were good, seating was plentiful on the patio. If youa re staying at the Disneyland hotel and looking for a place to eat this is the best option if you don't want to break the bank.

1  Thank mbtravel2016