“Best Veg.”

Thuyen Vien Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The countless menu items may leave you confused, but don't worry because everything on the menu is wonderful. Ginger fish and soy lamb are extra favorites in our family. The brown rice is a fabulous mixture of grains which some could almost make a meal. A family place, which will greet you as a friend every time you go, on occasion it may take a little longer for your food. (if you have a big party) But it's worth it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The garlic chicken is just amazing. I can't even stray to try another dish, it's that good! Family owned and always friendly. Can be crowded at lunch to eat there, so I usually take to-go. $10 minimum charge for debit cards. Cash or debit only.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We arrived after a long day at Disneyland. The restaurant was crowded even at 8 pm on a Wednesday. We ordered the mango salad, a pho, and two other dishes Buddhas Feast and a cold noodle dish. All were excellent!. The food was fresh, flavorful and delicious. The service fast and friendly. If we lived closer we would eat here all the time. We are so happy we left Disneyland for dinner! This is an excellent choice if you are in this area.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I will add my voice to the chorus of satisfied diners here. I was at a conference and took a break to walk to this restaurant, based on Trip Advisor reviews. The walk from the Convention Centre was 30 minutes along Katella Avenue. The restaurant is in a strip mall on the northeast corner of Katella and Euclid St. It is small and spartan but the food tastes very very fresh. I had the banana flower tacos, which were delicious, and the garlic "chicken". No way could I tell that this was a vegetarian dish. They ask how spicy you want it and, given that I was going back to the conference, I asked for "not spicy" and got exactly that. On a Saturday and a warm day, it was not busy but I think that I was just lucky. It would be a good idea to take a break and treat yourself to this good food.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Must try it if you're a vegetarian or someone who loves Vietnamese food. It's located <10 minutes away from the hotel we were staying in and the manager was very friendly and helpful even though we had eaten Vietnamese food before in Philadelphia. But here, the food was fresher and better prepared and tasted wonderful. We had all of our usual favorites (noodle soup, fried tofu, fried spring rolls) but all of them tasted better here than what we had eaten before. We also tried the vegetarian garlic chicken which was also very excellent. Also the prices are fantastic which make it an even better deal. Try it if you have a car and you're willing to try something that isn't flooded with Disneyland visitors!