“So-so”

Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
Ranked #51 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for five nights to go to Disneyland. The room was just like other Sheraton properties. Mine had a "bubble" in the carpet un front of the TV, which caused me to trip a few times. Had a problem with the main elevator in that after pressing the call button, there was no movement in either lift. Had to take the stairs.

The hotel has a shuttle that runs to disney every thirty minutes. If the park cancels the fire works, you get a LARGE crowd at the pick up point. The hotel still only sends one 32 passenger bus every 30 minutes. Not believing this, I called the front desk, and was told exactly that.

Stayed: March 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you can't stay on the Disneyland property, there are several choices nearby; the Sheraton Anaheim is definitely on the list. The settings are comfortable and casual, which is nice when you've been in crowds all day long.
The hotel is pet friendly, so is the shuttle, making our way to Disneyland with the dogs was easy. The gardens/grassy areas within the complex make it very convenient to take care of our dogs, we respect the property we're staying at and appreciate that we can have our canine companions along for the fun.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with dogs or just a lot of luggage, ask for a room near the rear elevator...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StarrySue
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights while at Disneyland. We really enjoyed our visit! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and both the interior and exterior were nice and well kept. Our room was very clean, too. They also had computers and a printer that could be used, which was great. They don't provide free breakfast, however, they have a breakfast buffet, but they also have a small coffee shop onsite where we bought our breakfast every morning. Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but the menu looked good.This was a huge hotel, with a lot of corners to explore! The courtyard with the pond was especially nice. Also, a great pool and renovated fitness area.

Though not very close to Disneyland, the hotel offered a complimentary shuttle which ran every half an hour, and only took about 5 minutes to get the park. This was great.

We would come back and stay here again!

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings...ask for one in the main building so that you are closer to all of the amenit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Caribby96
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here as part of my loyalty to Starwood. I agree with Radley M a little interior make over, however not really the reason for staying here, Disney was the place.The hotel is great if you have a lot of family members and All Ages and needs looked after. The rooms are exceptionally clean well appointed internally with space. Great lock off facilities if your more than 4 but want to be together. Big Parking area, hassle free and safe. Our breakfast was plenty full and reasonably priced, you can have room and breakfast included at an affordable and better rate. It has a great shuttle service and it's on till late, we caught the shuttle back at 1.30am. William the driver was a hoot. He helped assist the families with their sleepy kids.Its a great place for The Kids to enjoy and relax with The family, but Not in Your Face.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Rose Garden. No Pool no Roads. Become a Starwood member The Wi-Fi's Free.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 625Johnboy1
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I are in the middle of our "Year of Disney Birthdays," and yesterday we finished a long weekend of Disney fun in celebration of my wife's jour de naissance. Our trip included three nights at this hotel.

Quickie review for those who value pith: Low rates. Renovation recommended. Staff is pleasant but not engaging. Not ideal for business travel. Might be better off staying at Sheraton Park Hotel, Sheraton Garden Grove, or comparable non-Sheraton accommodations in the area.

Now for my full review...

We arrived in the late afternoon on Friday, March 14, 2014. I parked my vehicle in the open air parking lot and began unloading our luggage. While doing so, a few uniformed staff members walked by us, seemingly on their way to work (either from a break or from the staff parking area located adjacent to the guest parking spaces). I didn't expect to be offered assistance, particularly since there was a good chance that these folks weren't technically on the clock, but it would've been nice to have been acknowledged, at least with a smile and a nod if not with verbal greetings. I've found that the manner in which employees "pass by" guests is indicative of the quality of leadership and, in the case of hotels, the quality of the hospitality culture in place.

At any rate, when we entered the lobby my wife asked me to inquire about getting a room on the ground floor, and so I did. Much to my delight the front desk agent, who was quite pleasant and accommodating, dutifully rearranged room assignments and managed to get us a space on the ground floor. So far, so good, I thought. Sadly, though, when we got to the room we noticed that a large swath of the carpet was soaking wet...drenched, in fact. We called the front desk and were told that we'd be moved. A staff member arrived with a new key packet and then went on his way without expressing regret, offering assistance with bags, offering an escort to our new room, or even offering directions. As he began to stride off, however, I stopped him and asked where the new room was located (keep in mind that this hotel has a least two buildings). He pointed me in the right direction and then departed.

Our new room, 2159, was better and not just because the carpet was dry. It was better aesthetically and had additional furniture elements (even though, unless I'm mistaken, it was the same room type --- standard room with two beds). It's worthy to note that our new room was located on the second floor. Maybe the ground floor rooms have seen more days since the last renovation?

A few things about the room: The upholstered chairs had stains on them, nothing major, but they were stained nonetheless. The desk didn't have any power outlets whatsoever, and the nearest outlet relative to the desk was located a few feet away underneath a window and behind a curtain, and it was only a two-socket outlet. With respect to electrical outlets, the room suffers from a dearth of them in general, and the ones that exist are loose insomuch that plugs fall out fairly easily. The shower head protruded from an unsealed, gaping hole in the wall. And the tub drained slowly (the tub actually filled by about 33% one day after consecutive showers were taken, and the drain plug was in the fully open position the whole time). The walls must be thin, too, because we were able to clearly hear the conversations that the guests next to us were having.

We ordered Room Service at least once each day. The food was surprisingly good for Room Service fare, maybe because it came from the hotel's "Bistro" restaurant. Order-to-delivery times were also excellent...quotes were always for thirty minutes or less, and the food always arrived with plenty of time to spare. From a staff performance perspective, as you might expect, it was hit or miss. For instance, we ordered breakfast on two consecutive mornings. While butter and jam was provided both times, toast arrived only arrived the first morning (admittedly, the first breakfast order was for a breakfast burrito, french toast, and two cereals; whereas the second order was just for a breakfast burrito and french toast).

For those who travel with and use personal wireless hotspots, this hotel might be problematic for you. I have a Verizon iPhone that struggled to hold a 3G connection. Never saw LTE. I also have an Overdrive Pro 3G/4G hotspot with Sprint, and it, too, struggled to maintain a 3G connection. If you need access to the internet, save yourself a headache and use the hotel's wireless service (it's not free).

All in all, this hotel is showing its age. And the staff, at least most of the ones we came into contact with, are seemingly disengaged and merely going through the motions.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Radley M
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here in conjunction with a trade show at the convention center. There was ample free parking. My room was clean and spacious. My room overlooked a major freeway - good thing I am a sound sleeper or it might have kept me awake at night. I had a hard time getting hot water. Sometimes I had to run the spigot for 5 minutes (I watched the clock!) before it started to warm up. One day it never got better than lukewarm. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. The gift shop/deli could use a major menu makeover - really limited choices and definitely needs something with more healthy grab-and-go type selections. The fitness center was really small, considering how large the hotel is. A small fitness center may work for families on vacation but it doesn't work well if the hotel has a lot of business or convention center guests who do want to access a gym. I found people waiting on the days I went to the fitness center. The hotel really needs a renovation - I saw a trophy for best hotel dated in 1997 - I suspect that is the last time it's been remodeled. I'd probably stay somewhere else nearby next time - the location was pretty isolated and without a rental car, I was stuck there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I found it very miserable in this day and age that this hotel still feels the need to charge for internet access for residents. I therefore can't recommend any good food and bev outlets as I made appoint of not Spending another penny in the place. A tiny protest, maybe we should all do it

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family