“dated”

Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Houston Texas
“dated”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hotel is great for those headed to Disney Land.
Rooms in the F tower could use a refresh.
F tower can be noisy if you are close to the freeway
I think $14 for parking in an uncovered parking is stupid. Heck the gates are broken so I have seen many people driving in and out with out paying.

I would only stay here if I was working nearby at the Convention center or visiting Disney

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sirsmokeyjoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times for business trips as well as the other neighboring Sheraton. While I didn't use it from a tourist standpoint, I did notice they had multiple shuttles throughout the day taking people to Disneyland. In the immediate area though, there isn't much going on here. For the tourists who want to stay here for a quick, affordable, and easy access to Disneyland, this isn't a bad option, but there are a ton more in the immediate areas. I wouldn't stay here more than 2 nights.

Having stayed at many Starwood properties, this is definitely below average. The decor of the hotel is very dated. Looks like its from the 80s and could use some updates. Even if they can't update the furniture due to costs, at least get some new paint for the wall where its peeling.

I stayed at both the standard rooms and the suite. It was a pleasant surprise when I got the suite upgrade, but what's funny is front desk didn't even tell me I was upgraded until I arrived into my room. Not going to lie though, the suite is not impressive. Its just a bigger room with a very old looking mini bar and a living room. The mini bar looked like it belonged on a theater stage for a local musical. That's how poorly created it looked.

You will also be able to hear fireworks from Disneyland pretty prominently. Again, if you're staying for business and could use a good sleep at night, just factor that in. I did get to see it from my room though, which was nice.

Make sure to clarify with the front desk about the parking lot. Every time I check in they make sure to reiterate the process of swiping your room key when entering and leaving the lot. It apparently isn't 24/7 either as whenever I would leave early in the morning around 6-7AM, the scanner wouldn't actually read. Then I was told later by front desk that they don't turn the reader on until 7AM. Seems silly to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank halo8
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Super close to Disneyland with very convenient shuttles to the park. Nicely kitschy feel is a nice break from the usual business-centric Sheratons and is fun for the little one.

Despite the tourist traffic, the property is well maintained, clean and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

They are pretty strict with the 4pm check in, goes hand in hand i guess. Location is very good 10minute walk from disneyland, Lots of resturants and easy to get to converience stores which is handy. The pool area is good lots of chairs, Fitness gym is 24/7 with up to date machines.
Recieved a $25 vouchers per night per room for staying here when we checked in. That was also a nice bouns, staff are friendly. rooms are good size too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Prior reviews are accurate in that it's a dated hotel in a very good location for Disneyland. The deluxe rooms are well sized, but the bathrooms are somewhat small. Parts of each room are updated (beds/headboards, light fixtures, TVs, furniture, phones) as well as the lobby area, but other parts of the hotel are not (hallways and secondary entrances). This isn't a big deal, but the Platinum Starwood breakfast was a super basic continental breakfast of mid- to low- quality food - it's free, but definitely very basic (cut fruit, large bowl of yogurt, cereal, toast, juices, bagels with butter or cream cheese). The hotel has definitely seen it's better days, but I do agree that Starwood needs to make this a Four Points and lower the expectation of guests. Good luck Sheraton Anaheim - I wish you all the best!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James K
Corona, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

As Disney Annual pass holders, this is our home away from home. As an older hotel, folks need to let their imaginations take them to a simpler time, when cynics did not complain that a hotel made to look like an old castle needed updating and simple pleasure amenities included: large rooms with smaller baths, windows that open, rooms that allow pets, an aquarium with Nemo looking fish, a game and pool table room, a deli, outdoor rose gardens, a Koi pond, places to sit and read a book next to a splashing fountain, a Cheers type lobby pub, a clean kidney shaped pool, laundry facilities and reliable buses to take them to the place which is the reason we all go to Anaheim (Disneyland). If you can do this and not fret that a fly flew in the window that opens, or not freak out that french provincial furniture does look dated and the large rooms are o.k., then you can truly fall in love with this place. When we come here, everyone knows our name. The lobby bar is an international version of "Cheers" where the bartenders introduce guests to each other or let them know when other regulars are in town. We like the whole experience, and for us the greatest amenities are people, laughter, getting together with friends, having the whole staff greeting us and enjoying our home away from home. Hopefully, you will like it too, if you let your imagination go back to the time when hotels were about hospitality. Out hats off to the front desk staff, the lounge and restaurant staff, the concierge lounge staff, the housekeeping, management, nemo the fish, the koi pond fish and the friendly bus drivers!

Room Tip: Weekends when no conventions are going on can get you a great deal on AAA rates. Upgrades available...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank garayne
San Diego, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,410 helpful votes
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I agree with several of the other TA posters that kind of point out that this hotel has seen better days. I stay in lots and lots of SPG hotels (Platinum member) each year and this is probably the least impressive hotel.

The positives is the staff is friendly and the location is EXCELLENT if you are taking your kids to Disneyland. We just overnighted here as we took the kids to Disneyland the next morning. They have a shuttle bus if you need it that goes to the park but we just drove as we were heading to Los Angeles after a long day at the park. Disneyland parking is $16 per day. The hotel is $14 per day and they offered to allow us to keep our car in their parking lot free the next morning but we opted not to for convenience purposes.

The lobby area was nice as they had a big Christmas tree up and there was a nice aquarium with fish that young kids will like. Unfortunately the rooms weren't as nice. The rooms were old and outdated and it looked like it's seen better days. Also, there was a slight sound from what appeared to be the neighbors AC/heating unit. We were going to change rooms but it was a long day and my wife didn't want to bother with it. But it was annoying hearing that sound.

Just as someone else mentioned, I'm surprised this is part of the SPG program. I used points to stay so I'm not sure about the rate. I imagine it's probably affordable but I would have rather paid more money to stay at a nicer place. The pillows weren't comfortable either and the mattresses weren't comfortable here like most SPG hotels I have stayed in.

I always hate leaving negative reviews but based on my stay I wouldn't stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone I know going to Disneyland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family