“Worth it for the view of the Disney fireworks alone (if you get the right room)”

Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Aberdeen
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here in last year as part of our daughter’s 18th birthday celebration tour of the West coast. Be warned there are two Sheratons in Anaheim and sat navs have been known to get it wrong – it took our taxi driver 20 minutes to find the correct one. From the outside the hotel seems to be a quirky mix of olde England and 70s architecture but who cares about architecture when you are on Disney’s doorstep – and this after all was the reason for our stay? Again with the other hotels on our tour I had emailed them in advance of advise that our stay was part of a birthday celebration and asking for an upgrade. In fact when we booked this hotel we had requested a room which would enable us to view the Disney fireworks. On checking in I was disappointed to discover that that this was not the case. However miraculously after explaining the significance of our stay hey presto we were allocated such a room. Success. And what a view! We had been toying with the idea of going over to Disney even just for a few hours but decided against it. This was probably one of our best decisions as we ordered room service and were able to watch the fireworks in comfy chairs and eating really good food. The room service menu is exactly the same as that served up in its restaurant and at the same price. There is no additional charge for room service. We could not fault the food at all, in fact one of my daughters maintains that it was the best meal of the holiday. She might be exaggerating but I certainly found the chocolate fondant dessert a joy.

Full marks to the reservation clerk who conjured the room up. Whilst my husband always maintains that a hotel room is just a room to lay your head I must confess to liking a nice hotel. And the Sheraton Anaheim certainly is. Our room was spacious and the beds comfortable. Whilst as has been pointed out in previous reviews the bathroom is on the small side the area outside it with hanging space and sideboard makes up for.

Unfortunately as we were only staying two nights I had hardly any time to check out the rest of the facilities but did notice a few little courtyards (in keeping with the English theme) which seemed delightful and would make a nice place to sit after a busy day in the park.

Transport to Disney is provided and of course is greatly in demand, although there is only one bus so demand can be heavy at times.

In short this hotel served its purpose – which was comfy bed for travel weary and disneyed-out folks, excellent food to fill hungry stomachs (reasonably priced) and handy for Disney, with a gold star to the reservation clerk actually went that little bit further for us to make our stay at bit more special.

Room Tip: For the view of the fireworks you need a room overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jennirAberdeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staff were very helpful, especially Gary at the concierge desk, nothing was too much trouble. We had a pool view room which was great as the rooms on the other side overlook the parking lot. To our surprise it wasn't noisy either as we were right next door to the elevator. Breakfast had a variety and loads on the plate. A lot of families stayed at the hotel, as it is only about a 10 minute walk to Disneyland. There are also a few restaurants around the area within walking distance so no need to drive for dinner which we like. Rooms themselves were very roomy and clean, it was a great stay, we were there for 8 night and I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: pool view rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed September 5, 2013

was starting to hit the expiration date on plat upgrades. got a nice suite. good club lounge and room service. def looks like a long walk to the dl park. but good value. Interior pool rooms could be noisy.

Room Tip: low rise hoteal . room choice location doesn't really matter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Despite the older facade, this Sheraton hotel is quite comfortable and provides very spacious rooms to their guests. We stayed here for a weekend stay at Disneyland and were pleased with the room. Since this hotel is quite large and a bit older, the rooms go down several hallways that are a bit of a trek from the front desk or elevator that you take up to the other floors. There is a club wing where guests who pay for the club service are able to eat and drink in their private lounge. We stayed in their standard 2 queen bed room that was on a far off wing.

Here is the breakdown of the stay:

Upon inspection the room was well kept. There were no signs of dust on the picture frames, lamps, behind the TV, or in any of the sleeping and restroom areas. The remote was not cleaned but we had alcohol wipes for that. The UV detected small stains on the office chair at the desk but nothing that would suggest that they do not clean the chair regularly. The binders and information packets were not wrinkled. The refrigerator was unplugged so we plugged it in ourselves. They do provide a surge protector at the desk to plug in electronics, which was helpful. Unfortunately, the room did not have plugs easily accessible on both sides of either bed, just one side, which posed an issue when plugging in our cell phones. We simply used the desk instead. Curtains were cleaned well and dust-free, including the window and it's ledge. Walls were clean and there were no signs of marks, patches, or mold.

The shuttle service was convenient and is free with your stay. The shuttle only goes to Disneyland's front gate, so if you have to go somewhere else, you may need to drive. Parking is readily available.

Food service for the complimentary breakfast you get with some of their packages (we received up to 4 free breakfast buffets, complimentary water, and free parking and wifi with our packate) was very good. The selection was great and was a full breakfast. Drinks are included in the meal. The servers are always refilling and removing plates. The only negative I had while eating was hearing a server sneeze loudly several times in the back where you can't see whether they are near the food area or not. That was concerning.

Business area was very nice and there were enough computers to give anyone access. The lounge area was comfortable as well.

I found the overall experience great and I plan to stay there again when I can. Since the stay provided me enough points for a free one night stay, I may come back again when in town for Disneyland.

Room Tip: Request a first floor or third floor room. Be weary--the noise in the hallway is easily heard from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karidaluv
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was it a fluke it was that hot in Anaheim when I visited? Not really. The fluke was the humidity.

I've stayed twice now at the Sheraton Anaheim. (please note there are two Sheraton's close together and the name of this hotel is Sheraton Anaheim) On both occasions I've been left with a bad feeling about my stay. You see the rooms are absolutely beautiful inside and very plush with plenty of room for storage however the walls are particularly thin so every conversation at the pool, rooms next door and above you are heard as if they are in your room. Strangely this doesn't bother me too bad.

What does bother me though is the quality of standards I've come to expect at a Sheraton. This was in no way what I felt I received in relation to anything outside of my room. There is no air conditioning in the halls or elevators and the temperature was nearly 100 degrees with extreme humidity and then the shuttle bus to and from Disneyland Resort is not air conditioned either.

We upgraded our room to include access to the lounge that offered beverages, snacks and a continental breakfast. For the extra few dollars this option as well as the included in room wireless internet access is well worth it. My only suggestion is that they link your hotel key to the access of the lounge. I found it odd that they provide you a paper card that had your name, room number and number of people allowed access to the lounge. This in my opinion is a.) a wasted of paper and b.) inconvenient because it meant you always had to be together with the person with the paper and you had to remember to take the paper as well as your key to gain access.

Again, I do want to reiterate the nice and comfy room. The amenities in the room right down to the shave cream are top notch. At a different time of year I would highly recommend this hotel but in the heat of summer, you leave your room and will you be a hot and bothered mess until you can get back in your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I haven't stayed at this property for over 3 years. It was apparent that they have not maintained the area or done any improvements during that time. We used a AAA discount which helped soften the blow of our final bill. The employees were all very nice but the property suffers from wear and tear. The building we were in was HOT, no ventilation in the hallways, the carpet by the elevator was puckering in several spots, the elevators were HOT and slow, the pool deck was cracked and missing paint in several areas. Pool did not offer enough umbrellas and the water was "cloudy". Our room was not as clean as we are used too...pubic hair in the bathroom, large coffee like stains under the sink and the toilet was streaked with rust lines, the window was spotty and had spider webs lining the edges. We told the front desk but houskeeping did not address the issues. They have a free shuttle to and from the Disneyland Resort. The first shuttle was older with torn seats and no A/C (it was in the high 90's this particular weekend). The driver was very nice and patient with all the grumpy guests. PLEASE remember to tip these drivers, even just a couple of dollars!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very surprised by the hospitality and service of this hotel. On the outside, the hotel looks old and outdated. But the rooms have been renovated and are very big. I had a very comfortable king size bed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business