We visit Disneyland about every six weeks, and have stayed at nearly every property around the park, except for the Camelot Inn & Suites. When we decided upon an impromptu trip for Father's Day, we booked ourselves a room here and I don't think anyone was more excited than our three year old.
1. Well, it's shaped like a castle. Our daughter was beyond excited that we were staying somewhere that resembled a castle. She kept telling everyone who we encountered that we were staying in a castle and it had dragons! While the rooms are standard decor, ( we didn't see any dragons or swords or anything), and outside and lobby are castle themed. It's pretty much as close as we were going to get to staying in Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
2. It's so close to Disneyland! We've stayed all over, and walking has never really bothered us. But traveling with two children under the age three has changed that just a bit. This hotel is close enough that our three year old daughter walked with us to the park instead of riding in her stroller. It's also close enough that it didn't feel like we were walking miles back to the hotel after a long day at the park.
3. There are several restaurants near by, incase you are sick of eating at the park. McDonald's is right next door, and there is a Millie's one property over, followed by Mimi's Cafe.
4. The room we stayed in was huge, and had tons of room for all of our stuff! We try to minimize what we bring, however for anyone with kids these rooms were great. Now we did stay in The King Suite, which was two adjoining rooms. Our side had two queen beds, and the other side had one king bed and a sleeper sofa. This room is amazing for families. It also had a giant kitchen table, small kitchenish area (sinks, etc) in the room with the king bed. Both rooms had plenty of space for the kids to run around in, and plenty of dressers and storage space. The only downside to this particular room was that it only had one bathroom. This made for some slightly awkward getting ready, shuffling in and out of the rooms, and someone was usually waiting to use the bathroom.
5. This hotel was clean! Really clean! The bathroom was super clean, the rooms were clean, and the kitchen area was clean.
6. We had a nice view of the fireworks at night. We were up on the top floor (one above the floor that the pool was on), and we could see fireworks outside our door.
1. Parking is limited and crowded! My father managed to find a space to park his giant SUV, and it was conveniently crammed next to another giant SUV. Now this is not particularly the hotels fault. It just felt super claustrophobic. Had I driven my own SUV, I would have had to valet it because I never would have been able to park it in one of the spaces. The parking is very very narrow and tight.
2. The front desk staff is uh less than friendly. Slightly disinterested, not super friendly or happy to be working there. Didn't really affect us in any way other than that we are pretty happy friendly people and the lady from Guatemala seemed to hate us for this.
3. The pool is tiny! We didn't swim, but our room was literally over the pool area. Now I will say the rooms are super quiet, because we didn't really hear anyone at the pool. But for such a large area, the pool is really small. Maybe seven people could fit in it, tops. It is cool because it's up high, but seriously it's tiny. And the hot tub can maybe seat three or four people. But the area was well maintained and very clean.
4. Our hotel room only had one bathroom. (Now this was the suite!) A normal room would be just fine, and our next trip we would probably just book two normal rooms. It was just a tiny bit chaotic trying to get four adults ready with one bathroom.
We would definitely stay here again. The price fluctuates a lot, but this one is pretty on par with most in the area. Just watch out for the dragons ;)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anaheim Camelot Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Camelot Inn And Suites
- Camelot Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Camelot Inn Suites