“Not bad”

Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Mansfield, Texas
“Not bad”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The location is why you stay here. Right across the street from Disneyland, right next door to McDonald's. The quality of the rooms was better than I had expected. The exterior facilities look a bit run down, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms were clean and spacious. The suite was more than enough room for our family of six, though we could have used another bathroom.

The continental breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, I suppose, but it was fine for my family. We just wanted to grab coffee and donuts on our way to the park. Breakfast doesn't open until 7am, though, so don't plan on stopping by before an early Magic Morning.

I did have a negative experience one night with the laundry. There are only three washers and dryers, and one of each was out of order. Luckily a fellow guest warned me about the washer, but I didn't find out the dryer didn't heat until after I waited an hour for cold, wet clothes. That was a long, miserable night.

I also got charged for parking, even though I didn't have a car. The mistake was cleared up over the phone, but still an unnecessary hassle.

I would stay there again. It's the kind of place you can definitely make the best of if you know what to expect. But it also has the potential to be disappointing if you don't.

Room Tip: Pool is on level four, and the hotel is a block long, so request a room closer to the front if you d...
2 Thank Adam L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Close to Disneyland and everything you need. Staff are great and the rooms are very nice. I would recommend this place to anyone especially families.
I stayed here 7 years ago and it was good then also called Park Inn and Suites then......but still a great place to stay and right next to McDonalds !!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jodielee22565
Gladstone, Missouri
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This hotel is about a 10 min walk to Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. The room was nice and clean, but the breakfast was not the best. There was a selection of cereal(off brand corn flakes and off brand cherios), donuts and pastries. Also had apples and oranges. Would have been nice if there was some muffins or toast and some kids cereal. It was free, so can't complain too much. McDonalds and Mimi's cafe are right next door. Overall a great stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My sister and I have stayed at the Best Western, Stovall's inn on a previous visit to Anaheim. This time we stayed at the Camelot Inn. Although the rooms are a little bigger at Stovall’s Inn, we thought the Camelot Inn is in a much better location – within two blocks you will find eateries including McDonalds (next door), entrance walkway to Disneyland (one block), Anaheim Gardenwalk (P.F. Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Fire and Ice – all two blocks away), Denny's and Tony's Ribs (two blocks away) to name a few. I was unsure where a pharmacy or supermarket was, but 5mins in a taxi will take you to Target and 10mins in a taxi will take you to Wal-Mart.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and came with a heater, TV, bathroom products, hairdryer and plenty of hot water! The only downside is you have to pay for your internet ($10.00 for 24 hours) and for a traveller who doesn't want to stay in their room much but needs to make contact with family, tour providers etc. it doesn't seem like good value. Still if you need it you need it! You can hear but can't see the Disney fireworks from the room.

The included breakfast was ok – 3 choices of cereal, hot tea and coffee, juice, fruit, danish and doughnuts. Breakfast is not food intolerance friendly (i.e. dairy, gluten)

All in all, a great hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CollysTravels
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed in the Camelot Inn for 3 nights. Upon check-in, I asked for a nice room with a view and was given a room at the front of the Inn, with a balcony, and a great view of Disneyland and the fireworks. We were happy with this room as it was clean and had a flat screen tv, mini fridge, microwave and storage space. The Inn was right across the street from Disneyland and was a short walk to the main entrance. Very convenient location. The pool was small but was wonderful to have. While my daughter swam at the end of every night, I sat in the hot tub and soothed my aching body after all the marathon walking we did during the day. Well worth the money spent.
Overall, we were happy with the quality and comfort of our stay. Some minor things to be aware of:

1. If you need a taxi, call your own and don't ask the hotel reservation person to do it for you. I wanted to go to dinner at a restaurant that appeared to be not too far away from the Inn. I asked if they could call a cab for me and she said she could and that it was a great service because they offer a flat rate. Ok, so she called, booked the cab and told me it would be $12 to get there. Seemed steep for the distance I was anticipating but perhaps I had misjudged how far away it was. She gave me a card to call the same driver for the return trip. Well, the trip was barely 5 minues away. I was not pleased that I had been guided into paying almost double for the ride. For the trip back, I called my own cab and it cost just under $7.
2. If you like to relax with a nice glass of wine at the end of your day, avoid anywhere close that sells wine. First the selection is crap, and the prices are ridiculous. A bottle of (cheap) wine that I buy in Canada sells for $7.99. In the States, should be much less than that. That same bottle cost $17.95. OMG.
3. My daughter is an early sleeper and an early riser and we were in our room for the night usually around 9PM so sadly, on our vacation, I usually end up putting on the boob tube until I'm ready for sleep. There is no tv Guide in the room or on the tv so it's a pain in the rear to decide what to watch when you have to flip through the channels. There were only 24, though, so I guess it could have been worse.
4. I'm spolied and sleep on a very comfortable, soft bed at home. This bed gave me back pain and I woke up several times in the night. If you like a firm bed, you'll be fine.
5. We came back to the room one evening to find the patio door open. We did not leave it open, therefore, only the cleaning staff could have left it open. The room next door had an adjointing balony and could have easily climbed over the wall and got into our room. Since there was no safe, our posessions (passports, etc), were at risk of being stolen.
6. There is some traffic noise. I don't have a problem sleeping with traffic, but if you like it quiet, maybe don't stay in a room facing the street. Even with the windows/doors closed it was still noisy.

1 Thank DawnN000
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

As a family of 6 travelling around America it was nice to all be able to stay in the same suite, rather than having two separate rooms. The rooms were fairly dated, however they were clean & tidy and ticked all the boxes for our requirements. The rooms were spacious, the queen sized beds were comfortable and the cleaning staff always made sure that everything was in order when we returned. The location near Disneyland was fantastic and meant that we could stay at the parks until near closing time every night. On the nights that we didn't stay until closing we could by the pool and watch the fire works in the park. The reception staff were friendly and accommodating, providing advice on other attractions to see and do whilst we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RossFamilyDownUnder
Modesto, California
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We arrived late at night like we always do and check in was speedy. We were very pleased by our room (family suite 2 bd rm 1 bath) It wasn't anything fancy but it was very clean and SUPER spacious. Much more so than their regular rooms. I did like the fact that our socks were not black from the carpets, something that is normal at the hotels in that area. Pro's - Clean, large rooms, location to the park, value and the valet's were all super friendly. Con's the hot tub is very small only room for maybe 4 people, we did have some staffing issues and Parking is a nightmare, but they do offer valet if the lot is full. We did have issues with our upstairs neighbors one evening, it sounded like the kids were jumping off the bed onto the floor over and over and after a half an hour of this at midnight I called and the noise stopped immediately. I did accidentally lock myself out once and because the room was under my sisters name they wouldn't let me in. I booked the room and knew I put my name on the reservation too but they said they couldn't find it. That was very frustrating. I told them that I had the copies of the reservation in the room with my name on it but he told me they wouldn't go in the room or accompany me to get it. I had my two year old with me so this was very unfortunate but luckily I was with friends and was able to hang out in their room. Overall I really liked the hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and in the back that means less traffic walking by your room to get to t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family