“You Get What You Pay For...”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #80 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arrived one day sooner then anticipated and instead of paying for an extra night at the Hilton we thought the rate was totally great.

Until we checked in... When we arrived I noticed that a Anahiem police car was parked in front, probably a bad sign already.

We threw our stuff in the room and left for Disneyland. When we returned about 1030 pm we saw what a poor job they had done on the room, both from a cleanliness and maintenance perspective.

The bathroom had hair on the sink and the tub and seemed to have old cigarette burns on the sink area. The room smelled like a 1970 motel with old smoke which obviously permiated the paint.

The bedspread was dirty and the blanket was stained. I throw both of them in the corner of the room and told my son not to venture near it. The head board had stains that were white in nature and I could only imagine what they could be. This place was a mess.

A motel 6 in Bakersfield would be better....

I tried to call the front desk at night but no answer (they leave I'm told at 11pm) to complain.

Finally in the morning, after dreaming of bedbugs, I called the front desk to voice my concern.

The front desk girl said I'm sorry and told me the manager would call me later. I did receive a call from the manager later that morning and I explained the room challanges. After complaining about the room the manager advised me he would give me a free stay to which I said "are you kidding me?" I would never stay in this dump again, even for free.

He did then offer me a full refund, I'm glad he did, otherwise I would have charged it back.

The place is a total dump.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed each of the issues you experienced with the entire staff and am retraining them on our company's cleanliness policies as well as standards to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was greeted warmly and quickly checked into a clean, comfortable room. The recent renovations are nice, with nice hardwood flooring and brighter decor. All staff were excellent and genuinely warm and friendly. The breakfast pastries and coffee were very good. The pool was small but neat. Very close to the Anaheim Convention Center so i was able to walk to my show there. Plenty of great and good restaurants nearby, my favorite being Roy's Hawaiian which was superb. Anaheim City Walk is right next door and was fun. Disneyland is about a mile away. The kitchen in room was a great plus.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a King suite is nice for a huge bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jahmok
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay with us, especially with clean, comfortable room as well as the grab and go breakfast offerings.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'd love to give this hotel a great review because I've stayed here at least 5 times over the last few months due to traveling for work, and have never had any issues in those stays. Unfortunately, on this most recently occasion this week I woke up to find a bed bug crawling on the sheets. I killed it and immediately called the front desk. The woman that answered was apologetic and said she would send someone up right away. I said to not bother since I was already checking out that morning anyways. This was in room 319. When I checked out, the woman apologized again and offered me 20% off my stay even though I didn't ask. While that was nice of them, I had to call in sick from work that day to immediately drive over an hour home to wash all of my clothes in the hottest water possible to be on the safe side, and now I have lost a days work and pay. I didn't want to leave a suitcase full of possibly infected clothes sitting in my car all day at work and risk any bugs getting in my car too.

On top of that issue, during this stay I was woken up to hearing the people in the room next to me going at it and having their bed bang against my wall. Not that this is the hotel's fault, but be aware that the walls are somewhat thin and when you're in bed at night, be prepared to hear your neighbors talking or doing other things. Also, the lever that you have to lift in the shower to get the water sent to the shower head was broken. It would just lift straight out of the faucet, meaning you had to take a bath, no showers.

Again, I would have loved to be able to give this hotel a great rating. The manager and his staff have always been very nice to me and I've never had any major issues in past rooms that would make me not want to come back. But seeing a bed bug just once means that I will never stay at this hotel again. Those bugs spread so fast, and with housekeeping only cleaning once a week, or in between guests only, in this chain of hotels, it makes me weary that the problem will ever fully go away.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views of the Disneyland fireworks, ask for those rooms if you want to see them. 4th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Molly - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not clean and the shower was in need of repair. It has been our pleasure to provide for you during your other stays at our hotel, so I am very sorry that we were unable to do that for you this time. I am working with my team to ensure all of our housekeeping and maintenance standards are being met, now and into the future.

We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that your stay was not great enough for you to return. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at acc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was super friendly and helpful.. The room was clean and had a really cute kitchenette with everything you would need to make you're own snacks. There is free wifi plus there is a continental breakfast in the morning.. What more could you ask for..

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Shouldyouaskme
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this extended stay because of a funeral i had to attend. Eventhough it was a sad occasion it was a very comfortable and pleasent stay. The person at the front desk knew why I was in Anaheim and made sure I was checked in rapidly so I could go to my room and rest. I thought that was very kind of him. The cofffee was great the next morning and again the front desk made sure I had an extra cup before they took it away. Next time I go to Anaheim, hopefully for pleasure I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Evelyn B
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the convenient area we are located in. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been working in Southern California for six months, and after an initial stay at Extended Stay in Irvine, I moved to Anaheim. Right away it was evident that this location was recently remodeled.

While not a definition of luxury, it is definitely clean, functional, comfortable and great value for a long term stay. I've been here for more than 3 months now.

Great location, close to restaurants, freeway access, and within walking distance to Disneyland / California Adventure / Downtown Disney.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank FutureSVP

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County – Anaheim Convention Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels at acc@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is convenient for Disneyland/California Adventure. The local shuttle stops very close but some people walk. We had electric scooters and found that it was much more convenient to "scoot" to the parks rather than bother with everything the buses go through to get you on with your scooter.

The hotel seems to be working hard to please. Any maintenance issues we brought to their attention were fixed each day by the time we got back to the room. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen adequate, the room clean, the staff helpful. Breakfast is minimal but better than nothing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rivergrl822
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great and positive review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Extended Stay America Anaheim Convention Center. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!