“Found bedbugs on most recent stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #84 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“Found bedbugs on most recent stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'd love to give this hotel a great review because I've stayed here at least 5 times over the last few months due to traveling for work, and have never had any issues in those stays. Unfortunately, on this most recently occasion this week I woke up to find a bed bug crawling on the sheets. I killed it and immediately called the front desk. The woman that answered was apologetic and said she would send someone up right away. I said to not bother since I was already checking out that morning anyways. This was in room 319. When I checked out, the woman apologized again and offered me 20% off my stay even though I didn't ask. While that was nice of them, I had to call in sick from work that day to immediately drive over an hour home to wash all of my clothes in the hottest water possible to be on the safe side, and now I have lost a days work and pay. I didn't want to leave a suitcase full of possibly infected clothes sitting in my car all day at work and risk any bugs getting in my car too.

On top of that issue, during this stay I was woken up to hearing the people in the room next to me going at it and having their bed bang against my wall. Not that this is the hotel's fault, but be aware that the walls are somewhat thin and when you're in bed at night, be prepared to hear your neighbors talking or doing other things. Also, the lever that you have to lift in the shower to get the water sent to the shower head was broken. It would just lift straight out of the faucet, meaning you had to take a bath, no showers.

Again, I would have loved to be able to give this hotel a great rating. The manager and his staff have always been very nice to me and I've never had any major issues in past rooms that would make me not want to come back. But seeing a bed bug just once means that I will never stay at this hotel again. Those bugs spread so fast, and with housekeeping only cleaning once a week, or in between guests only, in this chain of hotels, it makes me weary that the problem will ever fully go away.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views of the Disneyland fireworks, ask for those rooms if you want to see them. 4th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Molly - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not clean and the shower was in need of repair. It has been our pleasure to provide for you during your other stays at our hotel, so I am very sorry that we were unable to do that for you this time. I am working with my team to ensure all of our housekeeping and maintenance standards are being met, now and into the future.

We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that your stay was not great enough for you to return. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at acc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was super friendly and helpful.. The room was clean and had a really cute kitchenette with everything you would need to make you're own snacks. There is free wifi plus there is a continental breakfast in the morning.. What more could you ask for..

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Shouldyouaskme
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this extended stay because of a funeral i had to attend. Eventhough it was a sad occasion it was a very comfortable and pleasent stay. The person at the front desk knew why I was in Anaheim and made sure I was checked in rapidly so I could go to my room and rest. I thought that was very kind of him. The cofffee was great the next morning and again the front desk made sure I had an extra cup before they took it away. Next time I go to Anaheim, hopefully for pleasure I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Evelyn B
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the convenient area we are located in. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kelowna, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been working in Southern California for six months, and after an initial stay at Extended Stay in Irvine, I moved to Anaheim. Right away it was evident that this location was recently remodeled.

While not a definition of luxury, it is definitely clean, functional, comfortable and great value for a long term stay. I've been here for more than 3 months now.

Great location, close to restaurants, freeway access, and within walking distance to Disneyland / California Adventure / Downtown Disney.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank FutureSVP
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County – Anaheim Convention Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels at acc@extendedstay.com.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is convenient for Disneyland/California Adventure. The local shuttle stops very close but some people walk. We had electric scooters and found that it was much more convenient to "scoot" to the parks rather than bother with everything the buses go through to get you on with your scooter.

The hotel seems to be working hard to please. Any maintenance issues we brought to their attention were fixed each day by the time we got back to the room. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen adequate, the room clean, the staff helpful. Breakfast is minimal but better than nothing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rivergrl822
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great and positive review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Extended Stay America Anaheim Convention Center. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really wish our experience was better with this hotel because the price was so great.

I’ll start my review with the positives:
Friendly staff – The older gentleman checking us in was very nice and chatty. The younger gentleman working in the morning restocked the breakfast area for us as it had been picked over. Both were friendly throughout our stay, conversating with us on occasion about the area and parks.
Price – This place was $500 cheaper than our usual hotel during the Spring Break period. We paid $390 for five nights which included a weekend stay!
Location – I felt safe walking to and from the parks each day with my family. I would recommend walking all the way down Harbor to Katella and then South Clementine. Disney Way may be faster, but is not very well lit and has less hotels and foot traffic.
Breakfast - They had oatmeal, apples, oranges, pre-packaged muffins and oatmeal-to-go bars. The coffee was decent, but go early as they ran out of coffee at 9:00 a.m. one morning.

Now the cons:
Cleanliness – The room felt clean upon walking in, but after closer inspection we found it to be pretty dirty. Found some leftover bobby pins from a prior guest in the bedroom area. The bathroom mirror had toothpaste stains and the vanity was dirty. A few Towel had makeup stains on them. We didn’t use this kitchen much but it did appear cleaner than the rest of the room. Overall it didn’t feel entirely gross, but was not what I expected for a maid staff that doesn’t have to clean the rooms every day. Seems they could put a little more effort in deep cleaning a room when they know a new guest is arriving.
Safety – On our last night there, we came back pretty late from the parks to a door that would not open. We tried both keys and neither of them would let us in. Husband goes down and they tell him that he probably got it too close to his phone and deactivated the strip. Um hello, we had both been storing our room keys in the same spots (his wallet, my purse) and had not had this issue the entire stay. The worst part was that they just gave him a new key without checking identification! This fact alone was enough to convince us to stay away from this hotel in the future.

And last but not least – THEY RAN OUT OF TOILET PAPER! Seriously, isn’t that like Hotel 101 material? It was our second day there and the partial roll that we had started with ran out (they do not leave you extra like most hotels do). Husband went down to the front desk to ask for another and they simply told him that they ran out and housekeeping would be in at 9:00 a.m. He informed him that if the shipment didn’t arrive that day, he would have to go out and buy it himself. He gave my husband a box of tissues for us to use in the meantime.

If this is the most affordable option for you and you don’t expect much or worry about some random person coming into you room, then this is your place. Otherwise, there are far better options in Anaheim for your Disney stay. And if you do decide on this hotel, don’t forget to pack an extra roll of toilet paper just in case!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good location and price for Disney. Great service at the desk. Rooms are decent and very quiet. the kitchenette was handy to have, and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from the room. Breakfast coffee not bad. Room could have been a little cleaner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the fireworks.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cnskate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the service provided. Thank you again for your review. However I would like to apologize regarding the cleanliness of your room during your stay and would like to assure you that we will make sure that we inspect each and every room before a guest checks in. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.