Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
$508
$806
$698
  • Restaurant
All reviewslong term stayfull size refrigeratorawesome stayanaheim convention centersmall kitchenthe cheesecake factorycomfortable staygarden walksouthern californiaart busshuttle busdisneyland tripwalking distance to disneylanddisneyland fireworksdisney parksesastove
Reviewed February 20, 2013

+1 star for free parking and close distance to Disneyland (~15 minute walk)
+1 star for functional kitchenette with nice full sized fridge (saw families bringing in groceries and even a crock pot!)

Everything else during our stay did not meet my expectations and I don't think I would be staying here ever again or recommend family and friends. I'll try to make this review short.

- took ~30 minutes to check in... and also two more trips back downstairs to the front desk to have our key card fixed since it would not open our room
- the bathroom only had one set of towels, not including a floor mat towel, so I called the front desk and they told me that they didn't have any at the moment but if I found a maid with a cart to ask them... but I was already running late to dinner since it took so long to finally get into our room so I decided to get them later
- after dinner I came back and called front desk for towels and they said to come downstairs so I went downstairs to find out that they needed 15 more minutes to fully dry the towels... so I sat downstairs waiting since there was no point in going upstairs then back downstairs (this was around midnight)--they also mentioned that they could not deliver the towel to my room because she wasn't allowed to go up to the rooms... weird
- so finally I was able to shower... but the water would burn me every 4 minutes... something was up with the water temperature control in our room
- bedtime came around, sheets had stains on them... a small pink one on my side and a light brown stain on the blanket.. but I was so tired I just went to sleep on them hoping that it was at least sanitized and that it was just a discoloration
- as for sound level, there were some weird electrical buzzing in our room and the tub faucet was leaking all night long and everyday after
- third day, we parked in the back of the hotel and tried to enter in through the side doors only to find out that our key card stopped working... again. We had to run around to the front to get it fixed, again.

I don't know if it was just our room that was such a bad experience or the hotel in general. When I was in the lobby, it seemed that other people were getting frustrated at the front desk and other people were having trouble with their key cards as well. I stayed in room 309--don't stay in that room if you can help it unless you want to hear a dripping faucet and electrical crackling at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for over a month due to my son's critical illness. My son passed away during my stay there and the staff was very compassionate and caring. Since I live on the East Coast, friends and family came by the hotel to express their condolencies. We were given extra chairs and special accommodations. The hotel had been refurbished, was very clean and now even offers a continental breakfast! I had stayed here before but this experience was special and I will never forget it thanks to the day and evening front desk staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dolly B
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words. It's great to hear that you were thrilled with your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Before booking our 2 night stay I was a little hesitant based on some of the other reviews.. But we took the chance anyway, and I'm glad we did! Rooms were nice, and clean and the staff was friendly and courteous :) front desk was a little under staffed that weekend but even then staff was helpful. Would I stay there again? absolutely!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cecerda

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your kind words about the staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last 3 months and we love it. The rooms are quiet and no one bothers you. The beds are so comfortable. They are always accommodating. Gave us extra blankets and sheets to make a special bed for our kids and moved us from smoking to non smoking! Seriously an amazing hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Amyd708

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

1/1/13- The grounds and lobby were nicely kept, and the location is a about 3/4 of a mile walking distance from Disneyland. There's no road noise to be had and there is 4 restaurants at the mall next door in easy walking distance. Parking is not extra fee, and is very adequent for the full hotel.

First of all, the management was very nice and gave us another room, but not initially and only when ants were invading our food from the ceiling above the next morning. This room on the 3rd floor (304)should have never been allowed to pass inspection. Lights and TV had been purposely disconnected by I may think another disguntled guest. One zip cord for the lights was crudely taped and reconnected with wire nuts to zip cord under the bed;. Being a contractor, this was not a proper repair. This could have caused a fire, if it had not be found from the light going on and off. I found out that ants have been an on going problem as guest leave food in the undersink garbage and not have it tend to.

The other room was perfect and had no issues the rest of the 4 day visit. We were with friends who had no concerns with their room either. Check in did take some time, but check out was handled properly and the management was good enough to reimburse us for one night. The room were very good for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Corvette96Traveler
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013