“Amazing rooms ad service!!!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last 3 months and we love it. The rooms are quiet and no one bothers you. The beds are so comfortable. They are always accommodating. Gave us extra blankets and sheets to make a special bed for our kids and moved us from smoking to non smoking! Seriously an amazing hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Amyd708
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

1/1/13- The grounds and lobby were nicely kept, and the location is a about 3/4 of a mile walking distance from Disneyland. There's no road noise to be had and there is 4 restaurants at the mall next door in easy walking distance. Parking is not extra fee, and is very adequent for the full hotel.

First of all, the management was very nice and gave us another room, but not initially and only when ants were invading our food from the ceiling above the next morning. This room on the 3rd floor (304)should have never been allowed to pass inspection. Lights and TV had been purposely disconnected by I may think another disguntled guest. One zip cord for the lights was crudely taped and reconnected with wire nuts to zip cord under the bed;. Being a contractor, this was not a proper repair. This could have caused a fire, if it had not be found from the light going on and off. I found out that ants have been an on going problem as guest leave food in the undersink garbage and not have it tend to.

The other room was perfect and had no issues the rest of the 4 day visit. We were with friends who had no concerns with their room either. Check in did take some time, but check out was handled properly and the management was good enough to reimburse us for one night. The room were very good for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Corvette96Traveler
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Olympic-Gold Customer service,(even when super busy) staff is professional & courteous.
Housekeeping is helpful as well as timely.
Televisions volume presets guarantee diminished "Neighborly-Noises".
Parking lot is well illuminated at night making for a greater sense of security.
Cooking facilities(stone counter-top!) are more than adequate, the near-full cooking & dinning-ware provided is sanitary, also if more is needed to suit your needs, made readily available.
Towels and toiletries can be obtained at a moments notice.
Rooms and hallways are well ventilated.
AC/Heating units really help "Dial it all in" making for a hospitably comfortable stay.
After-Hours Front Desk service is a definite +.
The Grab-n'-Go breakfast can be a real bonus in a rushing schedule.
Laundry facilities are well maintained, affordable and also provide a good variety of documentations of local and not so local attractions, not to mention delivery eateries,(COUPONS!COUPONS!COUPONS!).
I'd recommend this Extended Stay America to family & close friends.
Thank you(s) to Sonia, Caleb(IT Wiz), Isa, Vern, Jay, Roland & anyone I might've forgotten.

Room Tip: 4th floor is a great vantage point for viewing Disneyland Resort fireworks. Excellent proximity to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel C

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The room was FILTHY. Only stayed 1 night because it was New Years Eve, and could not get another room that night. We have two young kids that had to sleep. After a trip to 7-11 for Lysol spray we let the kids lay on the bed to sleep (without the blankets). The floor was covered in pet hair. They said room had been clean just prior to us checking in (lol). We made them give half our money back.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gottmo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The pet hair you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my housekeeping team has been re-trained so that this type of issue should not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently visited the end of September 2012, I arrived at night and an older lady was there checking people in, it took 40 minutes to check us in!!! I got in the room and was happy with the room it was good for the price we were paying. We went to sleep and the room was noisy I could hear the others in their rooms but finally drifted off to sleep. I woke up the next morning and as soon as I stepped out of bed I was surrounded by water, the carpet was SOAKING wet (right next to the bathroom wall) I walked towards the bathroom and the hardwood floor in the kitchen and connecting to the bathroom had water everywhere. My family got up and ready to go to Disneyland and told the lady at the front desk and the manager I think he was came by to look at it they said they problem would be taken care of while we were gone to Disneyland. We returned late that night after the park closed to a flooded room again, I marched to the front desk and the same SLOW woman was there!!! She said oh they cleaned the water so there isn't anything I can do and never even offered to switch rooms. I awoke the next morning and just wanted to enjoy my birthday but our room was still SOAKED so I complained again and again they said they would fix the problem but never did! I was there a total of 3 nights and it was terrible, I was furious when checking out, they said they would give me a "discount" off for my trouble but since I paid with cash they couldn't give me anything they would send a check later on, I got some money back but felt at least a free night or something should have been given. It was terrible, I feel although that if we wouldn't have had the flooding experience our trip would have been ok, the breakfast was muffins and some fruit whats expected from a Continental. I wish my experience would have been better, I am going back out there in February and won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor, you just hear footsteps all night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The check in process you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening, my team has been re-trained so that this type of issue should not happen again. In regards to the flood unfortunately, due to unpreventable leak from a pipe in the attic caused this incident. A free night was given, partial cash was refunded and the rest of the refund by via check. I hope that you will contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here on our recent visit to Disneyland. We did not know much about extended stays and were a little skeptical but once we got there, we were immediately relieved.

When you first drive in, the outside of the building and parking lot are very well taken care of and there is plenty of parking around the entire building. We got the the room sometimes at 2AM and were still able to get parking close to the entry. Once we went to the front desk, Vern(I hope I spelled it right!) was there to help us out with a smile and some funny jokes. Not only did he try and get us a great room but he also was able to make sure we got a view of the Disney fireworks from our room(We were at Disney anyways but the thought of it was very nice).

We went up to our room and once we got inside, it was clean and comfortable. MY personal favorite part of the room is the kitchen area. There are SO many times when I bring left overs from my dinner and have no where to put them but with the full sized fridge I could store them and the reheat them in the microwave! I only stayed here a couple nights but this was so convenient. Also, the fact that they give you free wi-fi is great so I could use my iPad when I wanted :)

They seem to newly have renovated the rooms and building. Maybe it was always like that but the renovations seemed fresh/well kept.

Anyways, I hope to stay here again in the near future as it was a great experience. **Oh yeah and the price was unbeatable especially with how close it was to Disney!**

Thanks again and hope to stay here in the near future :)

Room Tip: Free grab and go breakfast from 6am-9am Bring shampoo!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bleh3489

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Staying for long time at this Hotel and the recent upgrade give us comfort .The new grab and go morning snacks and coffee is convenient when rushing .Unbeatable friendly staff- special mention to Sonia,Isa and jay(manager)- If any inconvenient arises they fix it fast.House keeping is good-special mention to Angel- .Great location,close restaurants,freeways and you can even walk to disneyland.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mauricio Y
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013