“Great new beds and a new Grab and Go!!!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Oh my gosh new beds and food/coffee. The customer service from the front desk, I think her name was Isa, she got us all set up for Disney. Jay was great too, little noisy in the first room and he moved us without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Dismantle
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My daughter competed in the National American Miss pageant held at the Marriot Hotel a block away from this hotel. We had the pleasure of seeing the rooms at the Marriot and may I say I felt our room was 10 times better and less expensive. We were treated with smiles and pleasant nature of staff. the rooms were oversized which may i say when you are dealing with a beauty queen is a blessing. it was clean, convienent to both the pageant and Disney. walking distance from both as well as downtoiwn Disney and great eating. We are planning our next trip to Disney and WILL be staying there again. Thank you to Jay and his amazing staff.

Room Tip: The double double bed rooms were larg enough to add air mattress or cots too and easily slept 6 peop...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kellyanne l
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

You know that famous saying, "there's no place like home?" Well, at Extended Stay America in Anahiem, California, there is a place like home. The rooms here are equipped with a small size kitchen so you can make home cooked meals while you are away on business or pleasure. The newly renovated rooms also include beautiful wood flooring in the kitchen and bathroom and a flat screen television that can be viewed from the bed that feels like your own. Aside from the more than comfortable living quarters that this hotel offers, the friendly and helpful staff always make you feel welcome. There's also no need to make your own breakfast, just stroll downstairs and pick up a coffee and some breakfast treats as you head out for the day. In my experience, not all of the Extended Stay Americas are this wonderful. So when you plan your next trip, whether it's business or pleasure, plan on staying at this Extended Stay America and you'll feel like you never left home.

Room Tip: I prefer the second or third floor as they seem to be a little bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rosemarie N
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked this room for our family for our first vacation ever to Disneyland. After I had already booked it, I started reading the reviews and was getting very nervous about all the comments about how dirty the hotel was. I was going to cancel and find something else but their was nothing else available in our price range. So, I prepared myself and brought my own sheets and towels and cleaning supplies! First of all, when we got to the hotel around 6pm, there was 3 guests already waiting to be checked in. They informed us they had been waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes and they could not find anyone to help them...we tried calling the hotel and just got voicemail. We walked around the property and could not find anybody!!! Finally, after another 30 mins (the poor people that were there before us had waited an hour) an employee finally came to the front desk and said there was an emergency she had to deal with......you think if she was the only one there she would have left a note at the front desk or something but there was absolutely nothing there. When we finally got checked in, we went up to our room on the 4th floor. I was already nervous because the elevator smelled so bad, but nothing could prepare you for the smell of the hallway once we got off. Our room was filthy. The bed looked like someone had come in and taken a nap on their break. There was crap stains in the toilet, the kitchen was filthy......everything from the sink to the counters to the cabinets and the fridge. And the smell was disgusting. We had the windows open the whole 4 days we were there to try and air out the room but nothing helped. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone......especially those with small kids like myself who like to sit on the floor and touch everything!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Retro_Raven
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our first stay at extended stay, we were pleased with the facilities, but confounded as to why we were provided with two plates, two bowls, two towels etc when we booked for four. The front office provided more on request though.

The room was clear but smelt musty, as though it hadn't had fresh air for a long time.

The staff on the front desk did not know how to access emails to print something for us, so we had to wait for the manager, who was late.

Our room was next to a maintenance cupboard, and each night we were there, around midnight, something started to vibrate. One night it was so bad I had to call the front desk to ask them to make it stop. It was so loud it woke our children and the vibration could be felt through the beds.

It is reasonably close to the parks, and is a pick up point for the shuttle bus. Despite advertising that they sell Disney tickets both on the website and on the front door, they do not.

The continental breakfast is stretching the truth, there is bad coffee, muffins, muslie bars and apples.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not near the maintenance cupboard!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Samm1706
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or email me directly at acc@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We've been housing our sales staff at this location for several years-they specifically request it. The staff goes out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Jay, Sonia, Vern, Isa and Caleb are wonderful to deal with. New Manager Molly is a welcomed addition to the staff!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lovestobook
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I came to California alone and spent three months here during a job transfer and house hunting. Wonderful staff and management. Very pleased all around. Room was very comfortable and housekeeping very thorough. I was made to feel at home and the staff became my family during my stay. Thank you so much for all your help during a very busy time for me. Kudos to Jay (manager) and the staff. Will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WBartz
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.