“Disgusting!!! Will never stay at another Extended Stay Again!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sacramento, California
“Disgusting!!! Will never stay at another Extended Stay Again!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked this room for our family for our first vacation ever to Disneyland. After I had already booked it, I started reading the reviews and was getting very nervous about all the comments about how dirty the hotel was. I was going to cancel and find something else but their was nothing else available in our price range. So, I prepared myself and brought my own sheets and towels and cleaning supplies! First of all, when we got to the hotel around 6pm, there was 3 guests already waiting to be checked in. They informed us they had been waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes and they could not find anyone to help them...we tried calling the hotel and just got voicemail. We walked around the property and could not find anybody!!! Finally, after another 30 mins (the poor people that were there before us had waited an hour) an employee finally came to the front desk and said there was an emergency she had to deal with......you think if she was the only one there she would have left a note at the front desk or something but there was absolutely nothing there. When we finally got checked in, we went up to our room on the 4th floor. I was already nervous because the elevator smelled so bad, but nothing could prepare you for the smell of the hallway once we got off. Our room was filthy. The bed looked like someone had come in and taken a nap on their break. There was crap stains in the toilet, the kitchen was filthy......everything from the sink to the counters to the cabinets and the fridge. And the smell was disgusting. We had the windows open the whole 4 days we were there to try and air out the room but nothing helped. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone......especially those with small kids like myself who like to sit on the floor and touch everything!

3 Thank Retro_Raven
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our first stay at extended stay, we were pleased with the facilities, but confounded as to why we were provided with two plates, two bowls, two towels etc when we booked for four. The front office provided more on request though.

The room was clear but smelt musty, as though it hadn't had fresh air for a long time.

The staff on the front desk did not know how to access emails to print something for us, so we had to wait for the manager, who was late.

Our room was next to a maintenance cupboard, and each night we were there, around midnight, something started to vibrate. One night it was so bad I had to call the front desk to ask them to make it stop. It was so loud it woke our children and the vibration could be felt through the beds.

It is reasonably close to the parks, and is a pick up point for the shuttle bus. Despite advertising that they sell Disney tickets both on the website and on the front door, they do not.

The continental breakfast is stretching the truth, there is bad coffee, muffins, muslie bars and apples.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not near the maintenance cupboard!
1 Thank Samm1706
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or email me directly at acc@extendedstay.com.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We've been housing our sales staff at this location for several years-they specifically request it. The staff goes out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Jay, Sonia, Vern, Isa and Caleb are wonderful to deal with. New Manager Molly is a welcomed addition to the staff!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lovestobook
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Murrieta, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I came to California alone and spent three months here during a job transfer and house hunting. Wonderful staff and management. Very pleased all around. Room was very comfortable and housekeeping very thorough. I was made to feel at home and the staff became my family during my stay. Thank you so much for all your help during a very busy time for me. Kudos to Jay (manager) and the staff. Will visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WBartz
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
West Point, UT
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is the perfect example of the saying "if you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig." The new paint and few renovations does little to improve the overall operation and cleanliness of this hotel. Our first room we were put in had ants covering the entire wall by the heat/ac unit. Second room had a terrible odor and wasn't clean. Found many other guests complaining at the time of my check in, some even left to other hotels. Dealt with two fire alarms, one with smoke entering our room and when we tried finding out what was wrong was yelled at by staff. Last day of check out, found a used pull up saturated in urine underneath shelf in the bathroom that had been there the entire time we were there and possibly longer. Pets are allowed in the hotel and numerous mornings the front sidewalk and road were covered in dog poop. Breakfast was unavailable during two mornings. Have contacted a manager but yet to hear a response. Finally left hotel after second fire and went elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you do book a room, ask for one on the second floor. The fourth floor is smoking and where people...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly unacceptable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. We apologize for the issues that you encountered in your room regarding the ants, we have a company that performs regular maintenance on our rooms to prevent this from happening. Our breakfast hours are from 6am to 9:30am daily, we apologize if you were not able to make it. I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or email me directly at acc@extendedstay.com.

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Just had a three night stay here visiting the Happiest Place on earth. The price is really good and it's not far from the park at all. Room was decent and clean- thanks to Agustina for taking care of the room and having nice a clean for us :) the only issues was the front desk staff. It was hard to get someone for help- and on Sunday morning we tried calling three times with no one answering. Finally we went to the front desk- waited a few minutes and no one was there either. There was other guest there waiting as well. Hopefully the manager Jay Kholoma- we grabbed a card of course, will talk to the front desk staff. Other than that it was a great place to stay for sure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Claudia V
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly unacceptable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. We apologize for the issues that you encountered on Sunday, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or email me directly at acc@extendedstay.com.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After a full day of travel and work, I waited over an hour to check in. When I got to my room, I was impressed by the layout and cleanliness. This is the nicest Extended Stay that I've been to. I work for an advertising company and travel regularly for my job. I will be in this hotel for six weeks and it doesn't suck. There are numerous restaurants and shopping within walking distance from the hotel. Disneyland is minutes down the road, a big plus...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Scott G
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Again, I am deeply sorry that your check in process was long, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.