“Excellent Guest Services”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Excellent Guest Services”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Can't compliment the front desk staff enough! Each time we've stayed, I seem to have a special request and they are so great about it. We came up for Anaheim Ducks playoff and some regular season games as well. We arrived early from San Diego and they worked with us for an early check-in. Jay was extremely helpful on our most recent visit last Monday. The room staff was also very pleasant when I requested extra coffee and creamer. It's the little things that can make the biggest difference sometimes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Clean and comfortable, less than 10-minute walk to Angels Stadium. They had a nice selection of free appetizers (chips and wine!) from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Mon-Fri in their well appointed lobby. Parking was free and plentiful. A free full breakfast is included. Room was excellent and, unlike in many other mid-level hotels, there were plenty of washcloths and towels.

One odd thing--we felt a vibration in the room for a few minutes in the afternoon, and the front desk told us it was their large hotel drier on spin cycle on the first floor (we stayed on the third floor). Other than that, property was quiet. Would stay there again next time I go to a baseball game in Anaheim.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
buffalo grove
Reviewed May 8, 2014

this is the second time I've been here. nice place to stay. front desk personnel (especially Andrew) friendly and knowledable and helpful. overall appearance very nice. nice big room, everything worked. I would have given 5 stars but two things bothered me. parking was at a premium. very crowded parking lot across from major sports stadium. I think some of those people parked in the Ayres lot. not sure if Ayre's can stop them. must be some way. the second thing was the free breakfast offered by them. good hours 6 to 9:30 am but they only offered scrambled eggs and they were kind of runny. I asked the "chef" if he could make me some well done eggs and he said flatly "NO". also there was fruit cocktail (cut up pieces of fruit from a can" but no fresh fruit and not much of a cereal assortment. Ayre's can do a better job on the breakfast. other chains do it. But all in all it's a nice affordable place to stay in Anaheim.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Within walking distance to the Honda Center as well as the Angel's Stadium. Disneyland is just a short drive away. We enjoyed the Ducks Hockey game and went to Disneyland the next day. The hotel also offers a bus to and from Disneyland if you don't want to take your car. Free Parking was great, other hotels hear Disneyland charge you a parking fee in addition to your room fee. The Ayres also offers a decent full breakfast. Will definitely be returning. Staff is courteous and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clovis, California
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay. Came to attend baseball game between Yankees and Angels. We were able to walk to the stadium down Douglas Ave., it was super convenient. The hotel is really nice and quiet. The room was very clean, quiet and bed was comfortable. Hot breakfast was yummy. We will stay again our next trip to Disneyland. They offer a shuttle service to Disneyland, which is about a 10 minute drive away. Thank you Ayres Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Clean, quiet property located close to everything. Approximately 2 miles from Disneyland which is close enough to drive everyday yet far enough away from the crazy travel. We will definitely stay here again and have already made our reservations for later this month.

Room Tip: Stayed in ground floor and room was quiet.
Green Features: Room key controls the lights so make sure you get enough keys so everyone has one. If not, when someone takes the key the lights go out!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

First of all, I choose this hotel for our Disney vacation this year due to the reviews in Tripadvisor. It's the #1 hotel in Anaheim, so my expectations were really High, well, I have to say, at first I was kind of heartbroken, when we arrived to the hotel it was late, like 8pm, so we missed the cookies, the wine and everything else... well, we went directly to the pool and it was really, like really dirty, full of leaves and dirt and it was so cold !!! My kids played in the Jacuzzi for a while and then back to our room. Well, second disappointment was no restaurant in the hotel, this I didn't know but it was my fault for not asking about it. Ok. that was our first afternoon/night at the hotel. But I have to say, now, the room was BIG, clean, well appointed, the Beds are amazing, like, really, the best sleep I ever had in an hotel Bed. The room is beautiful, the tub in the bathroom is big and it seemed clean enough that I let my kids bath in it. Second amazing thing in this hotel, Service, service was great !!! Megan ( I don't remember how to spell it, LOL) she is a Gem, even from before arriving, she was so sweet and kind answering all my questions, and when we checked in, she knew who I was, really helpful and considerate. All the personal, really, great customer service. They never stop bringing towels, This is not a hotel where they are counting towels, pillows, nothing, we never had to call the operator for a towel or a blanket or anything, everything spot on. The hotel is not so close to Disney, so, think about 15 min. travel by ART. All and all, I give this hotel 5 stars, because of the value/price, convenience, cleanliness and customer service. I have to say, we never got our mickey mousse pancakes, but the pool was clean the others 3 days of our stay, so, I forgive them. Great hotel but not sure if coming back next year. If the price is right, maybe.

Room Tip: We stayed at 4th floor, Best view
Green Features: Ok, I'm all about thinking green, BUT !!! when we left food in the fridge in the room and took our key out and all the electricity went off, when we came back from Disney all our food was warm. I think they should at least leave electricity in the fridge.
1 Thank SaraSandoval