“Great Stop”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This our fourth stat here at the Ayres. What we like best is when we visit the Honda Center or Angel stadium. Your with in walking distance of both places.

We get great service from the hotel staff and our requests are always taken care of and a great breakfast in the morning is waiting.

Room Tip: We always request upper floor rooms. The first time we stayed was on the ground floor on the street...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,244)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had never heard of the Ayers Hotels before this trip. After reading reviews on tripadvisor, I checked them out. They are located in Southern California & consistently ranked #1 in the reviews. The rooms are beautifully furnished. Plenty of space in the room, two sinks (both outside of bathroom area), desk, table, 3 chairs--all provided enough separate areas for our family to get ready in a shorter amount of time. Free parking & internet are a plus. The front desk was very helpful in printing out our boarding passes. Probably one of the best features--a full American breakfast every day. Oh, my--delicious bacon, eggs, potatoes, fruit, pancakes, etc. made fresh by a great chef. Great price, great value!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

When we walked into the Ayres Hotel, we found it to be very unique. It was decorated to look historic and rich in history, and I really liked that. When we got to our room, I was even more impressed at the use of space. We had a setting room with a half wall separating the bedroom. The television was in the middle, making it a little hard to see either place.

We were only staying one night, and thought everything was great until we started to notice some housekeeping issues as the evening went on. The microwave wasn't working and we found some sort of homemade narcotic under it. The microwave is about thigh/pelvis level...just high enough for my toddler to look in. I am just happy I found that pill before we did.

Also, in the morning when we got up, we got out of bed to find red sequins peppered throughout. Pretty gross. I will never bypass inspecting the sheets ever again.

The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast and it was pretty good!

This hotel is across from the Honda Center so you could get a view of that. We got the view to the rear of the building which was a dirt lot that I assumed was undergoing construction.

I may have had a bad first experience, and if that is the case, it was minor. I am just a germ-a-phone and have little little ones so I have to notice that kind of thing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clmcam1109
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel! Needed to stay another night, employees could not keep us in the same room. Unknown to us, we finally talked to Marcus, the manager. He solved all of our problems and even matched our Expedia price. THANK YOU, MARCUS!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Ayres Hotel in Anaheim, CA on 11/20/2013. It was my first time there. Since my home is only 33 miles away I never thought that I would be staying there - then necessity intervened. My car broke down (starter problems) at the nearby Jagerhaus restaurant just prior to an Anaheim Ducks game at the Honda Center. While at the game I decided that my best course of action would be to spend the night in Anaheim and deal with the car problems the next morning. When leaving the Honda Center I asked a police officer where the nearest hotel was and he pointed me to the Ayres Hotel which is just across the street. Since I was on foot it seemed like a good choice. It turned out even better than I expected.

Given the location of the Ayres Hotel and its beautiful exterior I thought that it might be very pricey. When I entered the ornate lobby I said yes to myself this is going to be costly. Was I surprised. I was able to get a room for the night for under $150. Fred, the young man at desk was extremely helpful and told me that that would include a complimentary breakfast.

My room, on the fourth floor, was exceptionally large clean and quiet. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful and they even provided me with a complimentary shuttle to my car (AAA took care of the rest). If you are coming from out of state to go to Disneyland or see a game at the Honda Center for that matter --- the Ayres Hotel should be the choice for you.

Their whole staff was so pleasant and it turned out to be such a great experience that I might just go back there again and do a staycation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I travel a lot and this is one of our favorite hotels!! The staff is professional, friendly and go the extra mile every time we stay there. The hotel has a great location, exceptionally clean and the rooms are well appointed. You wont be DisAppointed :)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank kuhndawg
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Have always stayed at hotels at or near Disneyland, but this year we opted to try the #1 trip advisor choice and stayed at Ayres Anaheim. Glad we did! The front staff is very efficient and helpful. Hotel and room were CLEAN! Fridge and microwave in room. The beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed at while visiting Disneyland. Flight, shuttle and Disneyland particulars... Arrived LAX at 0855 and caught shuttle about a five minute walk from our Southwest gate. Used Disneyland Resort Express (DRE) -dont need reservations or prepay- found under the green sign outside of baggage claim at 0930. It was actually a bus with Disney characters and very nice, kids cheered when it pulled up. There are lots of white vans that advertise Disney but some looked a little shady, they however come every 10-15 minutes. You do not need a car seat on (DRE) and it was safe if you held on to them. It drops guests off at the disneyland resort first and they collect money (credit card only) there. (It was $54 for two adults/round trip and kids under three-free) They drop off at other hotels, so call to make sure your hotel is serviced by them. Aryes is probably the last stop due to its further location (two miles from disney). We arrived at Aryes at 1120, so almost 2.5 hours after arriving at LAX. We opted to do early check in at the hotel which was about $30 more. At the hotel, our two year old napped until 2 and then we set off for Disneyland. The ART shuttle picks up every 30 minutes (however the ART had decided to do "winter hours" so it was only once an hour even though their schedule did not reflect this.) It $5/pp and kids under three free for all day shuttle service. They do stop at two other hotels along the way so it is about a 15 minutes ride to Disney, BUT they drop you off right in front. Much shorter ride than walk from area hotels. We always eat at the Blue Bayou. Go there about 30 minutes before your reservations (you must make reservations or it will be hours for a table) and ask for a seat along the bayou. This restaruant is part of Pirates of the Carribean landscape and you see the canoes move past during dinner. It is expensive as far as disney meals go, about $15 for childs meal and $30-50 for adult meal. Remember, no alcohol served in Disney but is served in California Disney. Caught the ART back to hotel at area 15 which is again just past the front gate.
Breakfast at Ayres very busy at 0800-0900, but good selection and we left full every morning. ART picks up every 30 minutes before 10am and then ?back to an hour for winter hours? Monday -Thursday are better days for little ones as the fireworks are at 730pm which was ideal for us. Parade was at 530 pm. One of us staked out a spot on the benches at 4pm, its roped off along the parade route so you can tell where, plus you will see people with their blankets saving spots.
Tried the restaurant next door to Aryes. Service was horrible. Kitchen closes at 930pm. We did order take out from Pizza Place that was decent, little expensive, but ok and we also had some groceries delivered to us for $6 delivery.
DRE back to airport was a little painful. Our flight left at 420pm so they picked us up at 12:20 at the hotel. You HAVE to call at least 24 hours before to arrange pick up. It then takes you back to Disneyland Hotel and drops you off for another bus to pick you up to go to airport. We waited about 20 minutes outside there and then got on another bus where you give them your roundtrip voucher and then head to airport. It was about an hour to LAX, so we got there about 2pm. Security lines were very short so we had about a 2 hour wait until our flight left.
What I learned, fly into John Wayne airport or better yet, rent car and park it at Aryes who do not charge for parking (Disneyland is $15 for guests and $22 non-guest) then take ART.

4  Thank DDtwo