“Wonderful balance to Disneyland”

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, OR
“Wonderful balance to Disneyland”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I tend to prefer boutique hotels anyway but this was perfect for me and my 2 daughters in so many ways.

During our 3-day pass to Disneyland & California Adventure, this hotel offered a great balance. Disneyland surprised me in many ways (we ran into rides that were closed pretty frequently, "Grad Night" meant a constant barrage of insane, amped up teenage bravado).

This hotel offered a stark contrast to the chaos of Disneyland. It is a quiet oasis. Never did we experience a problem. Adding the fact that they include free breakfast (very good compared to most hotels), free wifi and a nice little outdoor pool & hot tub which my girls loved and I'm an official fan.

For those going to Disneyland: I will add that another perk is that the #15 ART shuttle doesn't have too many stops. When you board, although you're a little farther out than some other hotels, you don't notice it because there's only 1 or 2 stops between you and the theme park. This also meant the shuttle was never over-filled. I found this to be a HUGE benefit of staying at this hotel. It would be extremely annoying to board a shuttle crammed full of people going on a line that stops at 5 or 6 hotels along the way.

Thank you, Ayres. You are awesome and I will definitely be back next time I'm visiting Disneyland.

3 Thank amyoemail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our second time at this hotel. This hotel continues to amaze me. The breakfast in the morning is better than most hotels. There's a chef that cooks the eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes and hash browns. The bed is so comfy! The service of the staff is beyond amazing! We were able to partake in happy hour a few times. There were WARM FRESH cookies, and FREE BEER!!! There was also fresh chips and salsa! One of my friends had to leave/check out early because of a family emergency. I talked to the friendly lady at the front desk and she gladly changed the reservation free of charge! Most hotels would charge if you left early. Anytime my friends and I decide to come back to Anaheim, Ayres is my first and only choice!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nessia0427
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in May. We arrived early via train and were just going to leave our luggage but found out our room was ready by 11:00 am, so that was a nice surprise. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfy. They have a swimming pool and hot tub. The tub was slightly deeper than a standard tub, so that was nice too. They serve a full hot breakfast in the mornings and the food was good. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, cereals, bagels, toast, coffee and juices. The chef Jose was really nice. In fact all of the employees we came across were great. I felt they all went above and beyond. The ART shuttle stops by every half hour to go to Disneyland. It is directly across the street from the HONDA center. Free Wi-Fi too. There is a microwave and fridge too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roxy1913
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here this past Memorial weekend while visiting Disneyland. We booked online and got a great deal from the hotel with the AAA - May promotion. Hot breakfast, WIFI, parking newspaper, coffee maker, small fridge included. We asked for the join rooms. Our rooms were spotless. clean Comfy beds. Lobby has great decor. Thanks Benita, you made our daughter happy with your Micky mouse pancakes.
We will definitely come back to this hotel every time we travel down South.
Thanks to all staff! We had a great time.

1 Thank 4scoobyscoobydoo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wish I could give it 3.5 - there were a couple of problem areas but overall the location is great and the staff was awesome, so more a 4 than a 3.

Stayed here twice within about a week, had plans to attend a couple of different rock concerts in the area. The first room I was in was great - big room with a foldout couch at the back of the hotel...however, for the second stay I got a smaller 'handicapped' room upstairs and had a couple of issues...

Be aware this hotel is right next to the Katella Ave. exit off I-5 and you will likely hear traffic noise if you're on the front of the hotel. It wasn't worst case scenario & didn't keep me awake, but I was glad I had brought a pair of earplugs.

My big issue, however, was that I couldn't get the heating/cooling unit to shut off - I set the A/C to mid-70s and woke up about 3 AM shivering. The only blanket provided is a thin comforter, which didn't help matters. I'd have to get up, turn the system to heat, wait about a half hour for it to warm up, then set the air back up to around 80 degrees to not be shivering again. This happened both nights of my stay. Guess I could have asked to be moved but the hotel was totally sold out since there was an event at the Honda, so I doubt it would have done much good. I bet they would've given me another blanket if I'd asked, though.

Also, I noticed some thin-wall related issues… mostly footsteps or vacuuming both overhead and in rooms adjacent. Try the top floor to avoid the overhead noise. Not sure what a solution would be for the vacuuming, they start it about 9:30 AM so it may be an issue if you prefer to sleep in. That being said, you probably won't hear it for that long or more than a room or two away.

Wasn't totally taken with the breakfast buffet, since I'm a vegetarian and usually prefer something light for breakfast (fruit, yogurt). They did have cereal & one kind of yogurt, but the only fruit was cantaloupe. Also it only runs till 9:30, a little earlier than many hotels.

On the upside: The lobby is fabulous. Loved the art on the walls, had no trouble finding parking despite the place being sold out, there's a guest laundry! Which is great, and the staff was great. I am still waiting for a copy of my portfolio from the second stay, the printer was broken and I had to catch a plane...hoping I get that soon...

Overall I would likely come back, especially since this place is a 2-minute walk from the Honda. Was awesome to be in my room watching TV right after a concert, while others were still waiting to get out of the parking lot! See if you can get one of the bigger, king rooms - mine was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the back away from the I-5 exit if you're worried about noise. Also, get a king room if...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tauranga
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at the Ayres Hotel Anaheim for 4 nights while visiting Disneyland with our two teenage boys. Booking online is always a little concerning especially coming all the way from New Zealand, however we had no reason to worry. Beds were absolutely wonderful, décor great and cleanliness excellent. You are close to a major freeway but we didn't hear any road noise or noise from the other guests. The breakfast area was rather cramped but apart from that the food was enough to keep the three guys going for the majority of the day. Pool was great as was the spa pool and the gym. They don't have a restaurant but there are plenty to choose from within walking distance although we did have a car. The door to door shuttle service from Disneyland (at a minimal price) was fantastic and saved the dramas of trying to find a park. We also managed to fit in an ice hockey game that was played straight across the road which was an awesome experience for the kids. Go the ducks! Don't hesitate to book this hotel, I am sure that you won't be disappointed.

3 Thank chillichickTauranga
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We found this great hotel through this site no less and decided to book it for the first part of our honeymoon. Yes its a bit of a jaunt to Disneyland etc ( ie not across the road or such ) however the service was amazing, the rooms were great and the overall experience was bar none. Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple